Free Agent Frenzy - 2016

Zubie#8

Wanted to start a thread devoted for free agency tomorrow regarding the Devils and the entire NHL.

Who do you want to see targeted by the Devils? Demers, Okposo, Neilsen?

Hopefully we also sign Bennett DSP and Merril.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this for all fa's including where the devils fa's might go? 

Jimmy Murphy

@MurphysLaw74

Hearing #Bruins now pushing hard for for Brian Campbell. Also will try to sign North Andover, MA native F Bobby Farnham. #NHLFreeagency

Good, I do not want Farnham back. It was fun but he will never score like that again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

Good, I do not want Farnham back. It was fun but he will never score like that again.

i don't disagree but isn't that sh!tty? haha

buddy shows up here with absolutely no expectations. He scored quiite a bit for what he's supposed to be and gave everything he had... and all he's getting from us is "tssss he couldnt do it again, total fluke" 

poor guy

43 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

buddy shows up here with absolutely no expectations. He scored quiite a bit for what he's supposed to be and gave everything he had... and all he's getting from us is "tssss he couldnt do it again, total fluke" 

poor guy

Same as not falling for Clarkson's or Beleskey's seasons before they became UFA. 

56 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

I would love to land Okposo. We would have 4 really good wingers with a potential 5th in Zacha.

I'm definitely on the Okposo train.  Now I'm convinced another defenseman is coming with Larsson's departure.  

I'd like to see us go after a defenseman, Kris Russell is the guy I'd like (don't care if he doesn't pass the fancy stat test, dude is shot blocking machine). Also wouldn't mind Dan Hamhuis or taking a flier on one of Schultz or Wisniewski.

EDIT: Also like the idea of bringing back Stempniak, would be a good 3rd line guy who could play up and down our lineup.

Edited by CommonDreads

I love this new Bruins regime.  People knock Chiarelli for some of his trades in Boston but he was GM when they won the Cup and came close to a 2nd.  Sweeney and Neely and company seem to try a rebuild but the blueprint to me looks confusing like they think it's the 90s.

I think we will see a lot of the signings today.  Guys have had quite a few days to discuss interest and offer of terms.  Should be fast and furious through the afternoon.  No question the big forward dominoes need to fall but I think we will see a few more trades too.  

45 minutes ago, coldply123 said:

I love this new Bruins regime.  People knock Chiarelli for some of his trades in Boston but he was GM when they won the Cup and came close to a 2nd.  Sweeney and Neely and company seem to try a rebuild but the blueprint to me looks confusing like they think it's the 90s.

I think we will see a lot of the signings today.  Guys have had quite a few days to discuss interest and offer of terms.  Should be fast and furious through the afternoon.  No question the big forward dominoes need to fall but I think we will see a few more trades too.  

Someone somewhere posted this last year at the Draft.  Bruins fans I know seem to be confused on the direction of the team.

milbury.jpg

9 hours ago, mfb42183 said:

Is this for all fa's including where the devils fa's might go? 

I would suggest that this where all free agents can be discussed.  If there's a significant signing that affects the Devils -- either the Devils sign someone or a rival signs someone significant -- a separate thread should be created for that.  Just a suggestion anyway. 

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

poor guy

Can't sign a guy to a rich contract just because he had a nice little burst at the beginning of his time here.  After the first 6 weeks or so, he was a zero factor.  Actually a minus factor for taking dumb penalties, diving and getting himself suspended.

As for giving everything he has, same could be said for most of our Albany team.

7 hours ago, Marshall said:

Same as not falling for Clarkson's or Beleskey's seasons before they became UFA. 

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Can't sign a guy to a rich contract just because he had a nice little burst at the beginning of his time here.  After the first 6 weeks or so, he was a zero factor.  Actually a minus factor for taking dumb penalties, diving and getting himself suspended.

As for giving everything he has, same could be said for most of our Albany team.

Well im not saying that we should sign him or anything, especially to a big contract. Im just saying from his point of view he really really did everything he could and did surpassed expectations, yet it's not enough haha

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm hoping for Okposo as well, but I can't help but feel he's gonna get PAID.

I don't want him 5+ years at 7m+

Okposo is looking for 7m per year for 6 years.

apparently it's gonna be either Florida (who's ready to offer 6m for 6 years), buffalo and Minny. Things change pretty fast though so who knows

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well im not saying that we should sign him or anything, especially to a big contract. Im just saying from his point of view he really really did everything he could and did surpassed expectations, yet it's not enough haha

He surpassed the expectation of being terrible and/or having zero expectations, which isn't saying much about him.

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

He surpassed the expectation of being terrible and/or having zero expectations, which isn't saying much about him.

i don't think that's fair. When he came here we just all thought he was a guy who plays hard and bring energy to the 4th line. He finished 6th in goal scoring on our team.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i don't think that's fair. When he came here we just all thought he was a guy who plays hard and bring energy to the 4th line. He finished 6th in goal scoring on our team.

Half the guys you can call up from Albany can bring the same energy and hard playing that Farnham brought.  It's such a vague and general description of a player.  In terms of his goal scoring he scored 7 goals in his first 28 games and then 1 goal in his last 25 games.  You're looking at him the same way Toronto looked at Clarkson who was coming off of a 30-goal season, but everyone outside of Toronto's offices saw that he is not a 30-goal player.