Free Agent Frenzy - 2016

Zubie#8

33 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Okposo is looking for 7m per year for 6 years.

apparently it's gonna be either Florida (who's ready to offer 6m for 6 years), buffalo and Minny. Things change pretty fast though so who knows

Then forget about it. He's had Johnny Hockey helping him and still hasn't looked elite, can't imagine he'd be all that great here.

8 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

At what time does free agency start?

Noon EST

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Okposo is looking for 7m per year for 6 years.

apparently it's gonna be either Florida (who's ready to offer 6m for 6 years), buffalo and Minny. Things change pretty fast though so who knows

Most of these guys already know where they are going.  With the week for visits and discussion, most of the free agents will be off the board by tomorrow.

Florida surprises me with Okposo.  

42 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Half the guys you can call up from Albany can bring the same energy and hard playing that Farnham brought.  It's such a vague and general description of a player.  In terms of his goal scoring he scored 7 goals in his first 28 games and then 1 goal in his last 25 games.  You're looking at him the same way Toronto looked at Clarkson who was coming off of a 30-goal season, but everyone outside of Toronto's offices saw that he is not a 30-goal player.

im not even saying we should re-sign him lol i'm just saying its too bad for him that he did everything right based on the skills and realistic expectation he had... and yet people don't want him at all.

Also Clarkson's problem was that he wanted 30 goals scorer money. i doubt Farnham is looking for big big money which again..you bringing up clarkson is somewhat irrelevant here. 

Of course if he is indeed looking for big money then i'm plain wrong but i don't think he is.

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Where are you seeing this?

Holy sh!t that's hilarious if true.

quite a few reports coming from around MTL. Some are saying it's a done deal, some are waiting for confirmation. So i guess we wait

Edited by SterioDesign

19 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Radulov to Montreal doesn't make up for the move they just made, but it would be a good attempt to get better.  He's a really good player.

Lot of dumb stuff going down today, glad to hear NJ isn't associated with any of it so far.

apparently they backtracked cause now they are saying it's not official. The media obviously took it and ran. I guess we'll see

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649243-nhl-trade-rumors-latest-on-cam-fowler-kevin-shattenkirk-and-more

The Devils and the Oilers may not be finished with their business. There is a possibility of another deal involving Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Devils defenseman Damon Severson.

Longtime Oilers beat reporter Jim Matheson tweeted that the Oilers have an interest in Severson, who was a star with the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League in 2013-14 when he scored 61 points in 64 games.

Mmmm.... now that'd be a head scratcher..... i absolutely can't imagine us trading Severson now unless Shero knows something we all don't. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649243-nhl-trade-rumors-latest-on-cam-fowler-kevin-shattenkirk-and-more

The Devils and the Oilers may not be finished with their business. There is a possibility of another deal involving Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Devils defenseman Damon Severson.

Longtime Oilers beat reporter Jim Matheson tweeted that the Oilers have an interest in Severson, who was a star with the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League in 2013-14 when he scored 61 points in 64 games.

Matheson mentioned that long before the Hall trade, that wont happen now given the Devils situation on D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk