Free Agent Frenzy - 2016

Zubie#8

4 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Anyone interested in taking a flyer on Vanek?

No, at this point we have enough left wingers we don't need another one. Id think the only possible UFA move for a forward at this point would be a stempniak type signing at RW, and even that may not make sense if DSP is coming back.

1 minute ago, DJ Eco said:

Totally fine with it, I was never for letting him go for nothing. It doesn't hurt us at all to give him another 2 years to make his case.

We said that about Larsson once too, Hope merril recovers to a good minutes guy.

Just now, Mitico12 said:

Is it me or do I see more of a potential "flashier" upside to Merrill both offensively and defensively than Severson?

It's just you.

Nice deal, merril is at worst a 3rd pairing guy but with the right partner I think he can still right the ship and live up to what we thought he could be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmann422 said:

Hedman signs an 8 year extension in TB for 7.8 per. They're gonna have to do something before next year cap wise. Man it'd be nice to pry one of their RFAs from them.

Damn, Yzerman is really proving to be a top end GM.  Rode out the Drouin drama perfectly, held the line on Stamkos and got him to agree to the terms of his original offer and now has Hedman locked up for less than market value.   Well done.  

5 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

It's just you.

Nice deal, merril is at worst a 3rd pairing guy but with the right partner I think he can still right the ship and live up to what we thought he could be.

Good deal for both sides.  $$$ wont hurt NJ and it give Merrill two years to get his sh!t together.  

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Damn, Yzerman is really proving to be a top end GM.  Rode out the Drouin drama perfectly, held the line on Stamkos and got him to agree to the terms of his original offer and now has Hedman locked up for less than market value.   Well done.  

yeah if you ignore the Carle and Callahan contracts lol. But I agree he got a steal of a deal for Stamkos and it looks like Drouin will turn out well too.