Josefson signs one year deal

MadDog2020

9 minutes ago, Bibby89 said:

He's a better option than Gionta...I think that's as good of a compliment I can give right now. 

I really like him but just never seems to pan out. 

That's like being a better dinner guest than Jeffrey Dahmer.

• Like 5

Guy is simply an enigma, his underlying numbers are equivalent to some of the top centers in the league, but he can't produce 5-on-5 to save his life. Very happy to have him back as a 4th liner for next season, he's a very good 4th line center and a useful special teams player.

Story 1.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

great wheels...but hands of stone.  I'd rather have JJ than Gio.

I'm pretty sure Gio signed a contract to play with the 5 year olds during intermission; he's gonna dominate. Or maybe he won't. 

• Like 1

I feel like JJ could be a much better player if he wasn't so soft.  Add a little toughness to his game and I think he becomes a more prolific scorer.  He has the talent, I just don't think the rest is there.

Like the signing though - as others have said, basically a last chance type of deal before he's probably permanently relegated to the minor leagues.

22 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I feel like JJ could be a much better player if he wasn't so soft.  Add a little toughness to his game and I think he becomes a more prolific scorer.  He has the talent, I just don't think the rest is there.

Like the signing though - as others have said, basically a last chance type of deal before he's probably permanently relegated to the minor leagues.

Agreed, but I think he's *almost* there. Maybe it's just me and I'm seeing things, but I feel like he's bulked up very well the past two offseasons. He's come in looking bigger and stronger two years in a row, and I think now just needs to be guided into how to translate that into his game, into playing more physically. And it goes without saying that he haaaaaaaaas to work on his finishing. 

He has some great tools as a hockey player, just needs to make it all come together and translate into scoring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Agreed, but I think he's *almost* there. Maybe it's just me and I'm seeing things, but I feel like he's bulked up very well the past two offseasons. He's come in looking bigger and stronger two years in a row, and I think now just needs to be guided into how to translate that into his game, into playing more physically. And it goes without saying that he haaaaaaaaas to work on his finishing. 

He has some great tools as a hockey player, just needs to make it all come together and translate into scoring.

Yeah exactly.  Hopefully adding some size to his frame will help, and like others have said, maybe having better linemates this year will help him be able to finish more.