Lets talk roster

Jas0nMacIsaac

Read on the hockeypress website (Not sure of their reputation, but i was bored) and there was talk of Kinkaid & Zacha to Toronto for JVR, Probably just nonsense rumors but would anyone actually

http://thehockeypress.ca/posts/21659939/nhl-trade-rumors--trade-market---destinations---james-van-riemsdyk-to-nj-devils--h3----cam-fowler-to-habs-bruins--russell--sens--blue-jackets---and-more.html

Edit: For the record, I wouldnt want to trade Zacha but swapping him for Blandisi or Boucher, I'd more likely do that deal pending and extension. And possibly a dman in return.

Edited by Bibby89

56 minutes ago, Bibby89 said:

Edit: For the record, I wouldnt want to trade Zacha but swapping him for Blandisi or Boucher, I'd more likely do that deal pending and extension. And possibly a dman in return.

I would not be into trading Zacha at this point. Boucher or Blandisi in that deal, that I would be good with. 

15 minutes ago, Bibby89 said:

Let Cammy move back to RW, he's done it before and then we're not stuck with Bennett as top 6 RW..

I'm into that if he's good there. I don't think that worked too well when we did it with Kovy. Not for Zacha though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bibby89 said:

Read on the hockeypress website (Not sure of their reputation, but i was bored) and there was talk of Kinkaid & Zacha to Toronto for JVR, Probably just nonsense rumors but would anyone actually

http://thehockeypress.ca/posts/21659939/nhl-trade-rumors--trade-market---destinations---james-van-riemsdyk-to-nj-devils--h3----cam-fowler-to-habs-bruins--russell--sens--blue-jackets---and-more.html

Sounds plausible, but I wouldn't do that. 

4 hours ago, Bibby89 said:

I call BS.  Right beneath that rumor, he lists Єklund (2.3% accurate) as a source & spells Canucks incorrectly... 

NHL Trade Rumors On the: Habs Buzz [VC], Jiri Hudler to Cancuks, Sam Gagner to Senators/Devils...

• Єklund (2.3% accurate) of HockeyBuzz: According to EK:

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Neither would I. I'm not dealing Zacha unless it's a Larsson-like deal where you just can't turn it down.

Do three-way deals really happen anymore?  If so, I would love something like Devils' lottery protected first and Josh Jacobs (who apparently Conte, and I suppose, by extension Lou, considered a Severson-type second round steal at one point), JVR to St. Louis, Shattenkirk to Devils. 

Deal obviously being contingent upon Shattenkirk agreeing to an extension ahead of time.

Edited by Daniel

Do three-way deals really happen anymore?  If so, I would love something like Devils' lottery protected first and Josh Jacobs (who apparently Conte, and I suppose, by extension Lou, considered a Severson-type second round steal at one point), JVR to St. Louis, Shattenkirk to Devils. 

Deal obviously being contingent upon Shattenkirk agreeing to an extension ahead of time.

I can't even recall the last three-way deal in the NHL... Very rare do they happen, if at all.

about that rumour trade... obviously a rumour but let's talk about it for sh!ts and giggles... trying to look at it from all angles. So of course it's hard to let a guy go that you have so much hopes for but he's still unproven

So SAY we do that trade...

1- We'd be better now for sure getting an "established talent"... there's no gamble. Well there's a gamble in the way that Zacha might become the better player and he's younger but again, with schneider in his prime now... Zacha might only be really relevant in a few years which might be passed schneider's prime

2- Losing Kinkaid considering the depth we have between the pipes might not be a problem at all.

3- It would make other guys like Boucher or Blandisi expendable so we might be able to package them in something later.

so not saying i'd make that trade for sure if it was really there but i don't think it would be too bad either

I had no idea that Miles Wood was 220 pounds for his last year of college.  He's actually dropped 10 pounds for development camp and for the upcoming season.  

Miles Wood, who made his NHL debut in the Devils’ season finale was listed in the camp directory as 6-foot-1, 185 pounds. Just sitting next to the fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft, it was easy to see those dimensions are off.

The 6-1 is correct but Wood skated at 210 pounds at camp, down from the 220 he skated at as a Boston College freshman in his one collegiate season and which he believes is too heavy to maintain the way he wants to play. Not that he’s out of shape. Quite the contrary. Wood plays a typical power forward’s game and seems to have the muscular core strength to accommodate that.

-Fire & Ice

I think it would be VERY interesting to see if Wood can develop some chemistry with Smith-Pelly.  Both guys aren't very tall or "big" necessarily but both of these guys definitely have power forward built bodies. 

Forgot to post this last week when NHL.com (Mike Morreale) had a write up on the Devils and these were his line predictions: 

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey-devils-team-reset-analysis/c-281163796

PROJECTED LINEUP

Michael Cammalleri - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri

Taylor Hall - Adam Henrique - Devante Smith-Pelly

Reid Boucher - Pavel Zacha - Beau Bennett

Vernon Fiddler - Jacob Josefson - Sergey Kalinin

Andy Greene - Steven Santini

John Moore - Ben Lovejoy

Damon Severson - Jon Merrill

Cory Schneider

Keith Kinkaid

9 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Forgot to post this last week when NHL.com (Mike Morreale) had a write up on the Devils and these were his line predictions: 

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey-devils-team-reset-analysis/c-281163796

PROJECTED LINEUP

Michael Cammalleri - Travis Zajac - Kyle Palmieri

Taylor Hall - Adam Henrique - Devante Smith-Pelly

Reid Boucher - Pavel Zacha - Beau Bennett

Vernon Fiddler - Jacob Josefson - Sergey Kalinin

Andy Greene - Steven Santini

John Moore - Ben Lovejoy

Damon Severson - Jon Merrill

Cory Schneider

Keith Kinkaid

Would have liked one stud defenseman added, but as is, that looks a lot better than last season. 

Let's not forget Merrill will be out for the start of the season. I guess Auvitu, Mozik, or Helgeson will start in his spot.

Also strange that they have Severson on the bottom line and Santini on the first pairing with Greene. I guess he's the guy who's been holding our rookie's hands for the past 6 or 7 years.

Still hoping we're in on Shattenkirk somehow. Seems like a Shero type of player, we need a PMD, he played youth hockey in NJ, and he's rumored to want to play for a team close to home. As long as the Rags or Bruins don't snag him by trade first but I have a feeling one of them will. Then again, Shero.

Edited by Jerzey

12 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Let's not forget Merrill will be out for the start of the season. I guess Auvitu, Mozik, or Helgeson will start in his spot.

Also strange that they have Severson on the bottom line and Santini on the first pairing with Greene. I guess he's the guy who's been holding our rookie's hands for the past 6 or 7 years.

Still hoping we're in on Shattenkirk somehow. Seems like a Shero type of player, we need a PMD, he played youth hockey in NJ, and he's rumored to want to play for a team close to home. As long as the Rags or Bruins don't snag him by trade first but I have a feeling one of them will. Then again, Shero.

Rag$ & B's have more to offer in return (immediate roster player) than us. Not sure what they (St. Louis) want/need in return.  I doubt we're even in the mix for Shattenkirk.

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Rag$ & B's have more to offer in return (immediate roster player) than us. Not sure what they (St. Louis) want/need in return.  I doubt we're even in the mix for Shattenkirk.

Yeah unfortunately I think you're right. Only reason I'm still holding hope is because of Shero. Really though it is a perfect fit, we'd just have to part with something nice.