Vesey signs with Rangers.

Daniel

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

to be fair if Margot Robbie would tweet me asking me to do anything and i mean anything, i'd do it

Margot Robbie or Harley Quinn?  Heh heh

2 hours ago, eldon said:

Saw an SNY article that 'celebs' were tweeting him to pick the rangers. Made me barf last night. I'm OK if he doesn't pick us, never really expected it, but hope he doesn't pick nyr. Then if he does, I'll have to wish his career is a flop...

Is Susan Sarandon still considered a "celebrity?"  Jimmy Vesey probably doesn't know who she is and she's one of a few that tweeted him. 

to be fair this kid at this point is nothing else than a good potential prospect, he may be good or just be meh. I checked all top scorers in his league and they are all 23 years old... so imagine you're drafted in the NHL playing against 18 years old while you "should" be playing at the very least in the AHL... well you should put up numbers. 

We do need all the help we can get though so im still hoping he's signing with us

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

to be fair this kid at this point is nothing else than a good potential prospect, he may be good or just be meh. I checked all top scorers in his league and they are all 23 years old... so imagine you're drafted in the NHL playing against 18 years old while you "should" be playing at the very least in the AHL... well you should put up numbers. 

We do need all the help we can get though so im still hoping he's signing with us

Yeah I really don't know about him and to be honest I kind of dislike all the attention this spectacle is getting, but I guess it would be nice to "win" the bidding to get him. If he signs with the rags I won't be pissed, it's his funeral.

1 minute ago, dmann422 said:

Yeah I really don't know about him and to be honest I kind of dislike all the attention this spectacle is getting, but I guess it would be nice to "win" the bidding to get him. If he signs with the rags I won't be pissed, it's his funeral.

Well it's only cause it's literally the ONLY thing happening in the hockey world at the moment. There's just so much you can talk about line combinations and talk about upcoming training camp lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Yep, to put things into perspective, he's only 1 year younger than Taylor Hall, Devante Smith-Pelly, and 2 years younger than Kyle Palmieri and John Moore. Think about all the seasoning and progress these 4 still-young players have had since being drafted. Think about all the Stanley Cup Playoff minutes DSP, Palmieri, and Moore have put up. Palmieri and Moore have played 33 playoff games, DSP has played 24. That's a veteran level of experience these guys have but their signings/trades never got 1/8 the press Jimmy Vesey's is and will be getting.

And yeah, it's like you said, the Vesey signing is literally the ONLY thing to talk about now as we wait for the World Cup of Hockey haha.. My competitive nature is coming back, and that's why I want the Devils to win the signing war and get Jimmy Vesey; but otherwise, I'm anticipating him not being too big of a deal, maybe 3rd liner? Maybe...

Edited by DJ Eco

Vesey is one of the best goal scorers to ever play for Harvard, they're not exactly a powerhouse like BC or Michigan, what Vesey has been able to do at Harvard basically single handed is pretty impressive. I think the kid has a very good chance of being a 2nd liner in the NHL, especially with the right linemates.

4 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Vesey is one of the best goal scorers to ever play for Harvard, they're not exactly a powerhouse like BC or Michigan, what Vesey has been able to do at Harvard basically single handed is pretty impressive. I think the kid has a very good chance of being a 2nd liner in the NHL, especially with the right linemates.

Maybe not a powerhouse, but they DID win the National Championship my freshman year there.  Go Crimson.

i still don't get it. But yeah for wtv reasons, looks like he really likes the Devils. We were one of his team before the Pens, Rangers, Islanders came in. It used to be us, buffalo, Toronto, Boston... all the other teams were added later (well of course from what we've heard)

So just debating this more than it needs (nothing else to do anyway) it's like the Islanders and Rangers were added since well... it's close to home and if im gonna look into the Devils, might has well hear what those teams have to say too.

Too add he and Nick Lappin for free would be simple amazing. Nick Lappin on a much much weaker team had 4.55 shots per game. Vesey had 4.27 shots per game. Both those are elite NCAA numbers which should carry over. Plus they play together on a line in the Foxboro league.

PS: Lappin put up 3.26 shots per game in the AHL against mainly the toughest competition late in the year.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

i still don't get it. But yeah for wtv reasons, looks like he really likes the Devils. We were one of his team before the Pens, Rangers, Islanders came in. It used to be us, buffalo, Toronto, Boston... all the other teams were added later (well of course from what we've heard)

So just debating this more than it needs (nothing else to do anyway) it's like the Islanders and Rangers were added since well... it's close to home and if im gonna look into the Devils, might has well hear what those teams have to say too.

Whats not to get? New Jersey is a great place to live and a great place for a NHL player.

Beautiful beaches

Amazing shore towns

Mountains

Camping, hiking, hunting, sightseeing everywhere

4 distinct seasons

15 professional sport teams within driving distance if you want to catch a game

NYC and Philly as close neighbors

Atlantic City for gambling

Every kind of world class food you can ask for due to the diversity

Practice arena is at the same location as the arena itself

Least amount of travel in the league

Somewhat close to his family

Out of the spotlight

Can be given top 9 time

Get it now? Maybe just maybe players and other fans will finally learn just how great this state is and just how beautiful it actually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Zubie#8 said:

Whats not to get? New Jersey is a great place to live and a great place for a NHL player.

Beautiful beaches
Amazing shore towns
Mountains
Camping, hiking, hunting, sightseeing everywhere
4 distinct seasons
15 professional sport teams within driving distance if you want to catch a game
NYC and Philly as close neighbors
Atlantic City for gambling
Every kind of world class food you can ask for due to the diversity
Practice arena is at the same location as the arena itself
Least amount of travel in the league
Somewhat close to his family
Out of the spotlight

Get it now?

No i don't. The city is one thing. And how many of those things he couldn't get anywhere else?

But he's coming here to play hockey... so who is he gonna play with... Zajac? Henrique? who are decent players... but put them against  Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane, Tavares, Austin Matthews etc etc... then you wonder why he'd pick NJ. We have Zacha, but he's still unproven. 

Then there's a few teams where he could end up on the first line. there's no way he ever outplay Hall in NJ.

Then our future... we are one of the team on the way up. Along with Buffalo, Toronto and the Islanders. Islanders are already a playoffs team. Our futureis certainly brighter than the last few years... but to become a contender, we're still a few pieces away and it's really up in the air. Not something you can sell someone "we don't know how we'll get the players to be contenders... but we will!"

It really depends on what he wants, i hope to god he picks us. And if he does huge kudos to Shero.

No i don't. The city is one thing. And how many of those things he couldn't get anywhere else?

But he's coming here to play hockey... so who is he gonna play with... Zajac? Henrique? who are decent players... but put them against  Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane, Tavares, Austin Matthews etc etc... then you wonder why he'd pick NJ. We have Zacha, but he's still unproven. 

Then there's a few teams where he could end up on the first line. there's no way he ever outplay Hall in NJ.

Then our future... we are one of the team on the way up. Along with Buffalo, Toronto and the Islanders. Islanders are already a playoffs team. Our futureis certainly brighter than the last few years... but to become a contender, we're still a few pieces away and it's really up in the air. Not something you can sell someone "we don't know how we'll get the players to be contenders... but we will!"

It really depends on what he wants, i hope to god he picks us. And if he does huge kudos to Shero.

He doesn't want to be far away from his family so that essentially rules out Buffalo Chicago Toronto and Pittsburgh if he stays true on that. Boston management is a mess and may not want to play for his hometown as a rookie. Rangers are on the downswing and the Islanders have a crap playing and practice facility. Devils have family and friends connections, amazing facilities, out of the spotlight, good up and coming squad and he can get playing time. Everything that he stated he wants the Devils can offer so its really not surprising at all.

And who cares about the city they play in. They don't live there. Do Flyers players care about playing on the outskirts of Philly in a dirty old industrial shipyard? Do the Yankees care that they play in crappy Bronx? No and no.

And out of all of those choices only New Jersey can offer everything I listed. NJ literally has it all.

2 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

He doesn't want to be far away from his family so that essentially rules out Buffalo Chicago Toronto and Pittsburgh if he stays true on that. Boston management is a mess and may not want to play for his hometown as a rookie. Rangers are on the downswing and the Islanders have a crap playing and practice facility. Devils have family and friends connections, amazing facilities, out of the spotlight, good up and coming squad and he can get playing time. Everything that he stated he wants the Devils can offer so its really not surprising at all.

And who cares about the city they play in. They don't live there. Do Flyers players care about playing on the outskirts of Philly in a dirty old industrial shipyard? Do the Yankees care that they play in crappy Bronx? No and no.

well you do realize that you look at this with spaceship size blinders right?

i mean lol you focus strictly on the positive of NJ and just on the negative of the other teams. 

why would he meet those teams at all if i wouldn't want to play in Boston as a rookie, in Toronto or Chicago?

He's just looking for the perfect package  and figure what compromises he has to make. He can have a bunch of stuff he wants in NJ but his chance at a cup is really nothing certain... he can sacrifice a few things he wants and he could be raising a cup in the next 2-3 years with other teams. You got to look at the big picture here.

46 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean lol you focus strictly on the positive of NJ and just on the negative of the other teams. 

why would he meet those teams at all if i wouldn't want to play in Boston as a rookie, in Toronto or Chicago?

He's just looking for the perfect package  and figure what compromises he has to make. He can have a bunch of stuff he wants in NJ but his chance at a cup is really nothing certain... he can sacrifice a few things he wants and he could be raising a cup in the next 2-3 years with other teams. You got to look at the big picture here.

I don't see him necessarily focusing on negatives. He's making the case that New Jersey offers everything he is looking for and everything that the other main cities in contention can offer

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude.

You literally said "I still don't get it" in terms of NJ's selling points for Vesey as a team and location.

I gave you reasons why you should get it.

Now I am at fault for not focusing on other teams? When my only purpose of my post was to tell you why he is looking at NJ intently.

BaiAm9hCAAEFwbW.jpg

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Dude.

You literally said "I still don't get it" in terms of NJ's selling points for Vesey as a team and location.

I gave you reasons why you should get it.

Now I am at fault for not focusing on other teams? When my only purpose of my post was to tell you why he is looking at NJ intently.

BaiAm9hCAAEFwbW.jpg

No i was not talking about "selling points" at all. I was simply talking about him wanting to join this team at this stage.

Sure but it's like anything you can just name a bunch of pros no cons to support what you're saying.... and then a bunch of cons and no pros. It doesn't give any perspective at all.

I myself said awhile ago that i'm surprised that there's not more players wanting to be in NJ or go to the Islanders, they want NY Rangers for the city. You get everything the city offers anyway. I get that.

I'm really just talking that i don't get it that a guy who could join almost any teams in the league would have picked us as an early destination. Like i said we were like top 3-4 even before NY, pittsburgh and Chicago came up. 

We got Hall so we are "Sexier" but i still don't see us as a team that'd make players go, man i wish i played for the Devils. I would of understand 6-7 years ago when he had a super solid team, steady playoffs contenders etc etc, we have mostly average players on the roster, we are on the way up but the future is still really up in the air. That's what i mean that i don't get it. It doesn't have anything to do with the city.

Edited by SterioDesign