Devils Ring of Honor

MadDog2020

Word through the grapevine is that the Devils Den will have little if anything for merchandise for McMullen night.  Not even sure if the patches will be available for retail sale.
Could be completely wrong, but I have heard more than 1 person say this to me.

These fvckers never learn. They. Never. Learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Event was nicely done. I was in with Richer, McKay, Chico, Driver, and Dano. I got to announce McKay out into the room which was awesome. I'll follow with pics later...

I was in the same room, good job! I saw some people go into the other room as well. Some people feel they are just special and above the rules. Amazing. 

1 minute ago, Weekes Head said:

Disappointed in the lack of merch available for sale. They definitely dropped the ball. Buuut....the poster is really nice. I have an extra if anyone wants it. 

I only saw the poster, did you see anything else? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was in the same room, good job! I saw some people go into the other room as well. Some people feel they are just special and above the rules. Amazing. 

I only saw the poster, did you see anything else? 

Thanks! It was a lot of fun getting to announce one of my all time favorite players!  I only saw the poster too. They gave me an extra pin when I exited the event and into the arena. Really was hoping for a patch. 6 months from now I'm sure the Den will be stocked.

• Like 1

Nice ceremony.  Love that the fonts were 100% accurate on the alumni jerseys.  Nice to see Patrik too.  And that "RockyDevils" McMullen logo really fit in perfectly.

• Like 3

Nice ceremony.  Love that the fonts were 100% accurate on the alumni jerseys.  Nice to see Patrik too.  And that "RockyDevils" McMullen logo really fit in perfectly.

It was beautifully done, and a great tribute to Dr. McMullen. Great to see some of the old dogs like McKay, Richer, Pep, Shanny, Driver, and Chico. I'll just say it looks Sergei Starikov looks like he maaaay have put on a few pounds since his playing days lol. One question I have: is that the permanent location for the McMullen banner/picture? I'm trying to picture how this Ring of Honor is gonna look in five or ten years once a few names have gone in. I can't imagine old players are all gonna have a banner type of thing like McMullen got or what Lou will have. Anyone have any thoughts?

15 hours ago, Weekes Head said:

Disappointed in the lack of merch available for sale. They definitely dropped the ball. Buuut....the poster is really nice. I have an extra if anyone wants it. 

I left 3 in section 11 after walking out early. fvck me

13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was beautifully done, and a great tribute to Dr. McMullen. Great to see some of the old dogs like McKay, Richer, Pep, Shanny, Driver, and Chico. I'll just say it looks Sergei Starikov looks like he maaaay have put on a few pounds since his playing days lol. One question I have: is that the permanent location for the McMullen banner/picture? I'm trying to picture how this Ring of Honor is gonna look in five or ten years once a few names have gone in. I can't imagine old players are all gonna have a banner type of thing like McMullen got or what Lou will have. Anyone have any thoughts?

Why not? 

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's definitely permanent for awhile at least because it's not just a banner / picture. I can't think of the right word right now but the lettering on it is actually like painted wood panels that are attached to the wall. I'll take some up close pictures tonight and post them here.  

The only thing I can see them doing is maybe  putting up a banner with the names like the Flyers do and keeping 103 as the designated spot for the ring of honor inductee for that year before removing it at the end of the season and placing the name on a banner. So like next season Lou will be in the 103 spot then his name added to the banner after that season, etc etc. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

What are the approx. measurements of the pins?  Just bought one off ebay. 

17 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

I'll take the poster if no one else beat me to it!! 

Thanks, that would be nice. They may just leave this as is with McMullen and create something else for players. Their marketing efforts are so poor and I thought they hired a marketing guru. To think they didn't take advantage of the this event is sickening.  

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's definitely permanent for awhile at least because it's not just a banner / picture. I can't think of the right word right now but the lettering on it is actually like painted wood panels that are attached to the wall. I'll take some up close pictures tonight and post them here.  

The only thing I can see them doing is maybe  putting up a banner with the names like the Flyers do and keeping 103 as the designated spot for the ring of honor inductee for that year before removing it at the end of the season and placing the name on a banner. So like next season Lou will be in the 103 spot then his name added to the banner after that season, etc etc. 

Thanks for posting pictures latter, that would be nice. They may just leave this as is with McMullen and create something else for players. Their marketing efforts are so poor and I thought they hired a marketing guru. To think they didn't take advantage of the this event is sickening.

17 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

Thanks for posting pictures latter, that would be nice. They may just leave this as is with McMullen and create something else for players. Their marketing efforts are so poor and I thought they hired a marketing guru. To think they didn't take advantage of the this event is sickening.

To be fair it was a pretty good crowd, not sold out but really only a few patches of empty seats here and there 

32 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

I was speaking to merchandise sales for the event. Probably a ticket sell out. Game was hard to watch on TV. I can't imagine being there. 

That I agree with, I would have liked to buy the patch and maybe a puck or shirt with that logo on it. They definitely blew their chances on that. 

• Like 1

That I agree with, I would have liked to buy the patch and maybe a puck or shirt with that logo on it. They definitely blew their chances on that. 

I just don't get it... They would've sold a lot of patches and a lot of shirts with the logo. Pucks, you name it. It's a missed opportunity. I don't understand a business willfully passing on an opportunity to make money. I mean are production and inventory costs THAT high? [emoji848]

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

As you can see its not actually a banner, it extends off the wall. The lighting is tough so the pictures aren't the best. x7oOmBP.jpg

73TohMah.jpg 

PjtBdTJh.jpg 

DUcRrPKh.jpg

Thanks Satans, looks like it is a permanent setting. They must have another plan for future Ring of Honor candidates. I will be checking in but watching football. Hope you get to see a good game with a Devils win.

• Like 1