No More Hard Tickets

DevsMan84

I didn't see this story until just now, and all I can say is the Devils are stupid. Well, that and the fact that Ripoffmaster is really, really good at screwing people over. Even when they "try" to do something fan-friendly, like giving people access to free GA ticket vouchers as a result of that music concert fan lawsuit and settlement, TM/ROM makes the program so fan-unfriendly that it isn't even worth it.

BTW, TM/ROM pulls the same sh!t on Ticket Exchange with music concerts too. I had an extra ticket for a Black Sabbath concert held on 8/21 near DC, and the fvcking a$$holes wouldn't let me sell the extra ticket for below face value. fvck Ripoffmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

I didn't see this story until just now, and all I can say is the Devils are stupid. Well, that and the fact that Ripoffmaster is really, really good at screwing people over. Even when they "try" to do something fan-friendly, like giving people access to free GA ticket vouchers as a result of that music concert fan lawsuit and settlement, TM/ROM makes the program so fan-unfriendly that it isn't even worth it.

BTW, TM/ROM pulls the same sh!t on Ticket Exchange with music concerts too. I had an extra ticket for a Black Sabbath concert held on 8/21 near DC, and the fvcking a$$holes wouldn't let me sell the extra ticket for below face value. fvck Ripoffmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, don't remind me. Thought their voucher settlement was a step in the right direction and I was beginning to look at them in a positive light, and then the way it was implemented made me hate them even more. 

I had like 35 free ticket vouchers, and a) the selection was pretty garbage, and b) within a couple days, everything was snatched up... What's even the point?

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

Ugh, don't remind me. Thought their voucher settlement was a step in the right direction and I was beginning to look at them in a positive light, and then the way it was implemented made me hate them even more. 

I had like 35 free ticket vouchers, and a) the selection was pretty garbage, and b) within a couple days, everything was snatched up... What's even the point?

Yup, I wasn't able to use any vouchers either. I did get $2.25 off a couple tickets, that was a real budget saver. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 0:15 PM, DJ Eco said:

Yeah, Print-At-Home is the major issue here, and I hope they reconsider. That's kind of a big deal.

I just spoke to my rep about getting paper tickets, and he said nothing is changing in regards to managing our tickets online. He said, and I quote, "You'll still be able to forward or sell your tickets online exactly like before." To which I asked, specifically, would I still be able to email tickets to my brother-in-law that he could print out like always. He said yes.

I suppose only time will tell, since this seems to conflict with other information we've heard.

(He said he'd keep me on his list as a "maybe" for paper tickets, until we have our tickets in-hand and I can see for myself.)

18 hours ago, Brick Pig said:

I just spoke to my rep about getting paper tickets, and he said nothing is changing in regards to managing our tickets online. He said, and I quote, "You'll still be able to forward or sell your tickets online exactly like before." To which I asked, specifically, would I still be able to email tickets to my brother-in-law that he could print out like always. He said yes.

I suppose only time will tell, since this seems to conflict with other information we've heard.

(He said he'd keep me on his list as a "maybe" for paper tickets, until we have our tickets in-hand and I can see for myself.)

I hope you're right.  However, that's the exact opposite of what I've heard from my ticket rep. a few weeks ago.  She told me that the only way to forward tickets would be through the Devils App to a person with a Ticketmaster account who would then have to use their smartphone to enter the building through use of an "electronic ticket."  Seems like they can't get their stories straight, unless they caved to the pressure put on by fans who are not happy with the change and decided it wasn't worth their trouble to "get out ahead" of the alleged Ticketmaster policy change. 

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I hope you're right.  However, that's the exact opposite of what I've heard from my ticket rep. a few weeks ago.  She told me that the only way to forward tickets would be through the Devils App to a person with a Ticketmaster account who would then have to use their smartphone to enter the building through use of an "electronic ticket."  Seems like they can't get their stories straight, unless they caved to the pressure put on by fans who are not happy with the change and decided it wasn't worth their trouble to "get out ahead" of the alleged Ticketmaster policy change

Yep, that's exactly why I posted this here; because what my guy said is not what other people have been told. And my guy also said we're behind the Ticketmaster change, not "getting out ahead" of it. 

As I said, only time will tell. I don't think there's any real chance we're going to know how any of this works before we actually get the tickets and our online accounts get updated. I don't think the ticket reps really know, either.

Just checked stubhub and they still have entire rows (10-12 seats together) for sale.  So either someone has figured out how to beat the system or the Devils are playing both sides of the fence.  STH's can't use stubhub but they can to unload tickets.

2016-17 Ticketing FAQ

To accommodate changes being made throughout the ticket industry, and to increase the security of the ticket-buying and event entry process, the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center will be adopting full digital ticketing over the course of the next few years. Digital tickets help reduce or eliminate fraud and counterfeiting, and help create a safer environment for ticket holders entering the arena.

Starting with the 2016-17 Devils season, PDF tickets will be phased out with the elimination of the “print-at-home” function on Devils Account Manager and Ticketmaster.com. Paper tickets will still be available for delivery and pick up at the Prudential Center box office.

For additional information about digital ticketing, please see the FAQ below.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are digital tickets? 
Digital tickets are tickets without barcodes. They are not necessarily electronic.

Are digital tickets and mobile tickets the same? 
No. Your mobile smartphone is only one medium to deliver or access a digital ticket. Digital tickets can be delivered in several forms: 

• Devils Membership Personal Identification Card (PID) (for example, the Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket) 
  • Mobile smartphone
  • Special thermal (paper) stock encoded with radio frequency identification (RFID) technology

Will all events at Prudential Center be using digital tickets? 
While we are not entirely eliminating barcodes this year, we are implementing a phased approach starting with New Jersey Devils 2016-17 tickets. Other concerts and events will adopt digital tickets on a rolling basis.

If I purchase Devils tickets for the 2016-17 season, how do I access my tickets? 

• Season Ticket Members who renew, relocate or purchase seats before 11:59 p.m. on September 15 will receive one Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket per seat that will be valid for entry for all Devils home games. Season Ticket Members can also manage and access their tickets on their smartphones or request paper tickets. 
  • Flex Members can manage and access their tickets on their smartphones or request paper tickets.
  • Partial Plan buyers can manage and access their tickets on their smartphones or request paper tickets.
  • Group buyers will receive thermal (paper) stock tickets or opt to manage or access their tickets on their smartphones. 
  • Single game buyers purchasing online via Ticketmaster.com will have the option to choose tickets on their smartphones, or choose paper tickets at Will Call or via mail delivery. 

njd-ticket-faq-chart-1.jpg

Do all Season Ticket Members receive a Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket? 
No. Only members who renew, relocate, or purchase seats, in each case, by 11:59 p.m. on September 15, 2016 will receive the Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket.

What about Season Ticket Members that renew, relocate, or purchase tickets after September 15, 2016?
You will be able to manage tickets via Devils Account Manager or on your smartphone through the Devils App. You will use mobile tickets on your smartphone to gain entry into the Prudential Center. You can also request paper tickets through your client service account executive.

Can I still get PDF tickets for certain games?
Although PDF tickets are being phased out, requests for PDF tickets by Members will be accommodated. However, they will not be managed in Devils Account Manager.

NOTE: If you request PDF tickets for the entire season, your Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket will be deactivated and you will not be able to use it for entry. If you request a PDF ticket for individual games, the Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket will remain active, but you will be denied entry if the PDF has already been scanned.

Why is the “print-at-home” delivery method or “print-at-home” functionality in Devils Account Manager being eliminated? 
When digital ticketing is fully adopted, special paper stock is needed to print paper tickets. The paper you have in your printer in your home or office cannot encode data as RFID. Therefore, PDFs cannot exist in that ticketing environment. PDF tickets are not secure and can be easily duplicated and/or counterfeited. In preparation for digital ticketing, we will be phasing them out.

By phasing out PDF tickets, do I still have the ability to resell on third party sites of my choice?
Yes, subject to our other terms and conditions on resale. As digital ticketing continues to grow, most platforms have adapted to accommodate digital tickets. However, all third party sites are different, and some still require a PDF or paper tickets. PDF and paper tickets can be requested through your client experience account executive.

How can I request paper tickets? 
All Devils Members can contact their client experience account executive to request paper tickets.

Will I be charged a fee to receive paper tickets? 
No.

How do I manage or access my tickets? 
If you are using your smartphone, download the Devils App, click ‘Mobile Tickets’ on the menu, and login using your Account ID or email address. Or, if you purchased your ticket through Ticketmaster.com, use your Ticketmaster.com login info.

You can also manage your tickets on your computer by accessing the Devils Account Manager. Click here to access Account Manager: 
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/devils/EN/account/login

Login using your Account ID or E-mail address.

If you purchased on Ticketmaster.com and are using a computer, then you must log into your Ticketmaster Account to manage your tickets. It is not the same portal as the Devils Account Manager. Click here to access your Ticketmaster.com Account: 
https://www.ticketmaster.com/member?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_my_account

What does ‘manage’ my tickets mean? 
Once logged into Devils Account Manager or the Devils App, you can: 

• Access and view your tickets on your smartphone for entry (Devils App only)
  • Transfer tickets to friends or family
  • Donate tickets to charity
  • Post tickets for resale directly on Ticketmaster’s TicketExchange, as in prior seasons

What if I forgot my password? 
Click ‘Forgot Password?’ then enter the email address associated with your account and check your email to reset your password.

When I transfer tickets via Devils Account Manager or through the Devils App, how does the recipient access the tickets?
Once you transfer tickets, the recipient will receive an email from the New Jersey Devils. Click here for sample. The recipient can accept the transfer via their computer or smartphone.

If using a computer to accept tickets, click here to view the 4 easy steps to get tickets.

If using a smartphone to accept tickets,click here to view the 4 easy steps to get tickets.

NOTE: Tickets transferred through Devils Account Manager can be managed on a computer, but you will need to view tickets on your smartphone to gain access into the arena.

What if I don’t have a smartphone? 
Tickets can be left at Will Call or mailed upon request. Contact your client experience account executive for more information.

What does a ticket on a smartphone look like? 
Tickets viewed on smartphones will have a square, QR code along with all the regular ticket information – game date and time, section, row, seat.

Can I enter the arena with multiple tickets for multiple people using one smartphone? 
Yes, as long as everyone is present and enter the arena at the same time. The ticket holder (smartphone holder) can access multiple tickets on their phones and swipe to scan as their friends or family enter after each ticket scan. However, we recommend that you transfer, via Devils Account Manager, tickets to each person attending the game for easier access into and throughout the arena.

What if my smartphone battery dies or my screen is cracked? 
If your smartphone battery dies before entering the arena, you can visit the Customer Service windows at the Box Office to get your tickets reprinted (proof of purchase and identity will be required). Depending on the location and severity of the cracked screen you may have to visit the Box Office to get your tickets reprinted. 

This is the biggest bs of the whole thing. 

Digital tickets help reduce or eliminate fraud and counterfeiting, and help create a safer environment for ticket holders entering the arena.

Aka we want to control the price floor as much as possible. Our team is ass backwards when it comes to this stuff. It's going to be a cluster fvck this year. They better pray we have a competitive team or this could be the worst season in a awhile attendance wise. 

Can I still get PDF tickets for certain games?
Although PDF tickets are being phased out, requests for PDF tickets by Members will be accommodated. However, they will not be managed in Devils Account Manager.

NOTE: If you request PDF tickets for the entire season, your Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket will be deactivated and you will not be able to use it for entry. If you request a PDF ticket for individual games, the Commemorative Laminated Season Ticket will remain active, but you will be denied entry if the PDF has already been scanned.

I'm sure they will phase this out pretty quickly since it seems to go against everything they are trying to do with this move but as long as they don't it seems like all they have done is add an extra hoop for people to jump through.

2 hours ago, Section 1 said:

Well...it's about time they put something out.  I'm very befuddled about how this is going to work out for me.

Welcome to the boards, are you a full season ticket holder?  

My situation is that I really only do miss 3-5 games a year depending on what else is going on but I've been very vocal about how awful this is to my rep and the Devils front office. Even though it really doesn't affect me much I don't like what they are doing, especially because they can't afford to do this. It's amazing how the higher ups have this Rangers mentality that we have no attendance issues. 

They should be making it easier for people to get into the building, not harder. 

17 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Welcome to the boards, are you a full season ticket holder?  

My situation is that I really only do miss 3-5 games a year depending on what else is going on but I've been very vocal about how awful this is to my rep and the Devils front office. Even though it really doesn't affect me much I don't like what they are doing, especially because they can't afford to do this. It's amazing how the higher ups have this Rangers mentality that we have no attendance issues. 

They should be making it easier for people to get into the building, not harder. 

Hi!  Yes, I am new on here (only recently stumbled on it...don't know how I missed).  I am a full season ticket holder for over 20 years.

I probably miss a few more games than you, but not by much.  (I don't keep count, but it's definitely a single digit number.)  In addition to the games I can't make, every season there are games I sell even though I am attending.  (Sometimes it is because I have other seats.  I have also learned that if I go to the game alone, as I do at times, it is better financially to sell the pair and buy a single.)

Like many of the posters on this topic.  I am concerned about the impact of these changes,  I don't see much benefit to the fans, but perhaps there will be something we are missing.  (Perhaps entry will move more quickly using rfid rather than scanning bar codes.)  But that remains to be seen.

I find it disturbing that this organization seems to have developed an obsession with the secondary ticket market when they, themselves, are listing tickets on ticket exchange and stubhub for every game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Section 1 said:

Hi!  Yes, I am new on here (only recently stumbled on it...don't know how I missed).  I am a full season ticket holder for over 20 years.

I probably miss a few more games than you, but not by much.  (I don't keep count, but it's definitely a single digit number.)  In addition to the games I can't make, every season there are games I sell even though I am attending.  (Sometimes it is because I have other seats.  I have also learned that if I go to the game alone, as I do at times, it is better financially to sell the pair and buy a single.)

Like many of the posters on this topic.  I am concerned about the impact of these changes,  I don't see much benefit to the fans, but perhaps there will be something we are missing.  (Perhaps entry will move more quickly using rfid rather than scanning bar codes.)  But that remains to be seen.

I find it disturbing that this organization seems to have developed an obsession with the secondary ticket market when they, themselves, are listing tickets on ticket exchange and stubhub for every game.

It's all about money.  They get a cut from ticketmaster of all tickets sold on ticket exchange.  Plus, any competition on the secondary market that undercuts the prices the Devils charge for their tickets is a problem for them.  By forcing everyone to use Ticketexchange, they create a false floor which prevents that from occurring.  It's a win win for the team (in theory), but a major issue for fans buying and selling individual game tickets on the secondary market.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 3:56 PM, Brick Pig said:

Clearly my rep either had no idea what he was talking about, or he plain old lied to me about forwarding tickets.

On September 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM, rpaq88 said:

Just checked stubhub and they still have entire rows (10-12 seats together) for sale.  So either someone has figured out how to beat the system or the Devils are playing both sides of the fence.  STH's can't use stubhub but they can to unload tickets.

Despite the lip service they paid to the anti broker campaign the last few years the brokers still have plenty of tickets and no need for commemorative crickets or whatever they're called, they probably got PDF's or paper tickets already. And clearly resale limits don't apply to them since brokers work with the team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On September 17, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Brick Pig said:

Clearly my rep either had no idea what he was talking about, or he plain old lied to me about forwarding tickets.

Most likely the former, the reps are basically middlemen and half of them weren't even here last year. Plus every time the organization tries to implement sweeping changes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and neither know what the head is thinking.

39 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Got my season tickets, I don't know why they made the season ticket cards so big, you can't even fit it in your wallet. Why didn't they just make it like the membership card which is actually credit card size? 

Yes I know they gave a lanyard to put it around my neck but I don't like wearing them. 

That seems stupid. Who wants to wear a lanyard, really?

i got these today also and got an update from my rep since I'm getting paper tickets made for me also. when they make the paper tickets, the big plastic ones will be useless. But the mobile app will still also work. so i have paper tickets and mobile tickets which is 90% ok for me. I never sell my tickets but i transfer them and so not being able to send pdf's will still suck but as long as you have a smart phone, you can use mobile tickets (you actually don't need the devils app - you can open the email w/ the transferred tickets and the link in safari will show the qr code to get in).

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

i got these today also and got an update from my rep since I'm getting paper tickets made for me also. when they make the paper tickets, the big plastic ones will be useless. But the mobile app will still also work. so i have paper tickets and mobile tickets which is 90% ok for me. I never sell my tickets but i transfer them and so not being able to send pdf's will still suck but as long as you have a smart phone, you can use mobile tickets (you actually don't need the devils app - you can open the email w/ the transferred tickets and the link in safari will show the qr code to get in).

So, technically, a person can still sell his ticket on stubhub, nullifying any artificial floor. The stubhub purchase would just include an email link instead of a link to a PDF?

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

I asked for paper tickets as well but over on hf boards numerous people asked and received the entire season in pdf form.

The other thing I don't get is that we still have the Devils membership card that's the size of a credit card. Why didn't they just combine the two? So silly. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

15 hours ago, sundstrom said:

...as long as you have a smart phone, you can use mobile tickets (you actually don't need the devils app - you can open the email w/ the transferred tickets and the link in safari will show the qr code to get in).

Assuming all this is true, and assuming it works as well in reality as it says in the description, then I'll be fine with it. More than fine with it, in fact; if it works properly I'll be in favor of it.