No More Hard Tickets

DevsMan84

You have to login to your Devils Account every single time. The previous app kept you logged in. Who the fvck thought this was a good idea? How is this going to do anything but slow down the process of getting in the building. We really do have a bunch of stupid idiots that run the ticketing department for this team. Absolute morons. 

This is a total F'ing joke. I went to transfer the tickets to tomorrow's game to a friend of mine using the Devils app.  Not only does it redirect to the NHL app, but when I finally got into the area to manage my tickets, I found that none of them were loaded into my account.  

it's bad enough getting this team to do almost anything right.  Now they are relying on technology like this that is just doomed to fail.  Can't wait for the 3 block long lines to get into the building on opening night.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

This is a total F'ing joke. I went to transfer the tickets to tomorrow's game to a friend of mine using the Devils app.  Not only does it redirect to the NHL app, but when I finally got into the area to manage my tickets, I found that none of them were loaded into my account.  

it's bad enough getting this team to do almost anything right.  Now they are relying on technology like this that is just doomed to fail.  Can't wait for the 3 block long lines to get into the building on opening night.

To add to this I requested hard tickets and still haven't fvcking received them because the idiots there didn't ship them out yet. I've had to call and speak to them more times in the past 2 weeks then I have in years and years. Dealing with the ticket people of this team fvcking blows right now. It's a shame too because this is one thing the team can't afford to get wrong. 

I'm on vacation in Chicago this weekend and I'm hitting up the Blues-Hawks game tonight. They are another team that is going all electronic for tickets, so I'm curious to see how it affects lines and how people feel about it here.

Let us know what happens if you can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

So for those who went, how was it trying to get in the other night?

Well, the only issues I encountered were related to the additional 4 tickets (2 for the Rangers game) I was able to claim for free as a season ticket holder. Rightly and smartly so, they made those harder to send and sell, I couldn't even save them to Apple Wallet. That makes sense though, and *that* at least is a good system moving forward. It keeps a better handle on the freebees so that fans don't claim a bunch of free tickets and then sell them. I know a lot of people will say, "But that's a perk of STHers, so they can get some of their money back!" but I'm fine with that.

One thing they should fix is that you have to type in your login info everytime your phone goes off. My friends and I were standing there at security just keeping our phones active so they didn't turn off, because if they did, you had to reopen everything from scratch and type in your login all over again. Super annoying; however, that's how these apps work when they roll out for the first time. Don't overreact, because they'll probably roll out an app update by the time the home opener comes around.

My own seat's tickets, I was able to save to Apple Wallet with no problems and access them; all good. I still don't look forward to selling my tickets on TicketExchange when I can't make it, I've tried before and don't think I've ever made a sale on there. I guess we'll see how that goes.

Edited by DJ Eco

• 2 weeks later...
Meanwhile the Leafs have awesome season tickets this year.  I always love getting the actual tickets as a keepsake.   Cup6o_dXYAE6rth.jpg&key=57f8617baf66e966c291a286c08fcb180ecc3e8e9c8b31007957ceb7f2c6284b

Me too, I save all my stubs so this whole 'no paper ticket' garbage pisses me off... Those Leafs tickets are awesome.

Since this is all ticket related I just want to say that in my long tenure as a full season ticket holder, almost 15 years now that I have never had as bad as customer service as this year. I'm beyond sick of calling to have them fix their mistakes. I'm asking for so little from them and they still manage to have made more mistakes then in my entire tenure of having tickets. 

My rep has until Tuesday, if this isn't resolved by then I'm speaking to someone at the game because I'm sick of this nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Since this is all ticket related I just want to say that in my long tenure as a full season ticket holder, almost 15 years now that I have never had as bad as customer service as this year. I'm beyond sick of calling to have them fix their mistakes. I'm asking for so little from them and they still manage to have made more mistakes then in my entire tenure of having tickets. 

My rep has until Tuesday, if this isn't resolved by then I'm speaking to someone at the game because I'm sick of this nonsense.

They laid my rep off last year so I didn't even renew because I knew this would wind up happening

Last night while watching the pre-game, they had a shot of Panthers fans entering the building.  Almost every single one had a pdf print-out of their tickets.

I like the direction the Devils are moving on the business end, but wish they would just stop the charade that getting rid of paper tickets and pdf's was for security and because TM is forcing them too.  It is 100% to cut out of the secondary market.

• Like 3

I assuming they are citing some B.S. about fraud protection.  So, if I buy tickets as PDF's, print them up 20 times and then sell them outside?  It is so stupid.  I would be very annoyed if the Rangers or Giants got rid of the hard tickets.  I like to keep the tickets of games I attend.  I hate the printed tickets, but that is a better option than a "card".

Does anyone have Jets tickets?  How does it work going into the stadium?  When you swipe, do they give you some kind of print-out, so you can prove your seat location?  The one time I used my phone for entry into Citi Field, they printed me up a receipt-like ticket right at the gate to use inside.

Edited by Matteau#32

2 minutes ago, Matteau#32 said:

I assuming they are citing some B.S. about fraud protection.  So, if I buy tickets as PDF's, print them up 20 times and then sell them outside?  It is so stupid.  I would be very annoyed if the Rangers or Giants got rid of the hard tickets.  I like to keep the tickets of games I attend.  I hate the printed tickets, but that is a better option than a "card".

Does anyone have Jets tickets?  How does it work going into the stadium?  When you swipe, do they give you some kind of print-out, so you can prove your seat location?  The one time I used my phone for entry into Citi Field, they printed me up a receipt-like ticket right at the gate to use inside.

I don't know how the Jets work but the Red Bulls season tickets are like a credit card, one per seat and it has your name and seat location on it and you just swipe it to get it and show it to the usher. For people who just have mobile tickets they have a receipt print out of your seat location.

Devils didn't have any print outs during the preseason. 

On 10/14/2016 at 4:06 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah when I used an e-ticket for the first time this preseason, they scanned the QR code on my phone and that's it.  Didn't get a print out.

They said if your phone dies during the game after you get in, you have to go to the Box office to get a printed version

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I got my tickets for opening night held at will call. fvck this e-ticket bullsh!t.

I'm not sure how that's better, why wouldn't you want to have them on your device and ready to go rather than going to the arena and potentially having to stand in line and wait for them?