NJDevs '16-17 Fantasy Hockey

NJDevs4978

5 minutes ago, krunko7 said:

Why was it canceled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone does a trade and asks on two different mediums to cancel it thirty seconds later before I put it through they obviously made a mistake, I'm not holding anyone to that in a free albeit competitive league.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sworn Defenders and Zamboni Warriors have reached a revised agreement.

Sworn Defenders send Jimmy Vesey, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, and their 2017 6th round pick to Zamboni Warriors, in return they receive Anzei Kopitar, Johnny Gaudreau and their 2017 10th round pick.

Futures for Present value trade...   I hope it pays off.   I likely can keep Suter and Seabrook another year, hopefully Toffoli steps it up after he shakes his injury.     But I'm desperately missing Stamkos production, hopefully this helps.

If I lose this league it's going to be because of my box of chocolates goaltending, which has already melted away most of my lead.  I play Allen against the Preds and Canes at home and he spits the bit, I play him against the Hawks last month and he spits the bit.  I don't play him against the Hawks in the Winter Classic and he plays well.  And Lundqvist has spit the bit lately again too aside from the Flyer game.  Watch him pitch a shutout after I bench him against CBJ though :rant:

I would have thought AT LEAST one of these guys would play well but nope.

Edited by NJDevs4978

19 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

If I lose this league it's going to be because of my box of chocolates goaltending, which has already melted away most of my lead.  I play Allen against the Preds and Canes at home and he spits the bit, I play him against the Hawks last month and he spits the bit.  I don't play him against the Hawks in the Winter Classic and he plays well.  And Lundqvist has spit the bit lately again too aside from the Flyer game.  Watch him pitch a shutout after I bench him against CBJ though :rant:

I would have thought AT LEAST one of these guys would play well but nope.

haha you're telling me man.. ive been sitting in 4th most of the year with a garbage goaltending line of:

2.82GAA, .907 SV%, 0 SO

lol.. and my second round pick was a goalie! crazy 

31 minutes ago, Onddeck said:

haha you're telling me man.. ive been sitting in 4th most of the year with a garbage goaltending line of:

2.82GAA, .907 SV%, 0 SO

lol.. and my second round pick was a goalie! crazy 

Bishop was actually a first rounder :P 

At least the roster construction makes it likely that nobody can hoard more than two goalies, or risk having no depth elsewhere (either at forward or D) since you only have four bench spots and at least one of them are already going to your #2 goalie.  Of course red's hoarding them like they're going out of style with Murray, Ward and Howard/IR to go along with Price.

I always feel like every time I burn an early draft slot on a goalie it blows up on me, so I 'only' paid a keeper slot and a fifth rounder for my tandem this year.  Sometimes you get what you pay for too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:23 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

Of course red's hoarding them like they're going out of style with Murray, Ward and Howard/IR to go along with Price.

Anything I can do to thin the heard!!  No real option inFA so I figured hoarding goalies better then hoarding 4th liners!!

I have already traded 1 goalie this year, anyone looking for a goalie feel free to make me an offer..

My Lundqvist curse is alive and well...this is why I always shied away from him after he blew up on me early his sophomore season.  You guys just had to leave him for me in the fifth round. 

I wish my magical powers worked FOR Camm as much as they do against Lundqvist :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

54 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So I thought this would be a real snoozer for the rest of the year - but it looks like 1, 2, and 3 are up for grabs right now.  Teams changing around almost nightly.

My goaltending month from hell made it exciting again but Lundy putting up a shutout and two wins the last few days helped me get some of my still tenuous cushion back.

I never thought I would find myself battling for one of the top spots. I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. It just goes to show that there is a lot of Luck involved. Crosby fell into my lap because everyone stayed away from him because he was diagnosed with a concussion shortly before the draft. I didn't pay attention and drafted him because I had no clue about the concussion. Mrazek was supposed to be my work horse in goal. Dubnyk was just supposed to be the backup. He turned out to be gold while Mrazek has disappointed for most of the season.

5 hours ago, eaglejelly said:

I never thought I would find myself battling for one of the top spots. I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. It just goes to show that there is a lot of Luck involved. Crosby fell into my lap because everyone stayed away from him because he was diagnosed with a concussion shortly before the draft. I didn't pay attention and drafted him because I had no clue about the concussion.

It was probably half the reason I avoided him, I also liked Pavelski and his intangibles (faceoff wins/hits/high point total on wing) and had him on my team last year too.  I also try to avoid in general picking too many center-only guys early unless they're going to give you pretty much every category - Backstrom was the only one I picked before the first ten rounds, but I wound up with Staal and Wennberg late and scarfed up Little when devilsfan got impatient with his injury and waived him early.

I'm jealous about Dubnyk cause I had him last year when he was a roller coaster :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

21 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

My goaltending month from hell made it exciting again but Lundy putting up a shutout and two wins the last few days helped me get some of my still tenuous cushion back.

I'm in the midst of my goaltending month of hell...

27 minutes ago, redruM said:

I'm in the midst of my goaltending month of hell...

Couldn't have been that bad considering you're still in the top 5 in wins/GAA/save percentage. Of course you also had more wiggle room there cause Price was so dominant for three months. I'm only getting 24.5 points out of my goaltending categories (and that's with not playing Allen in a good chunk of his hideous games), you're currently at 38.5. Eagle's getting 47 points out of his goaltending which has helped him vault into the race.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm getting 45 points out of goaltender  (14/13/14/4     ugh SHO).

My huge problem this year is scoring.   5/7/7    for G/A/PTS.   I'm typically upper echelon with that.
Realistically; I need to pick up an extra 15-20 goals and 20 assists and I'll be back competing for top 5 at least... 

I did that trade last month for Johnny Gaudreau to address that; but it hasn't panned out.   Kopitar has helped a touch; but I need Johnny Hockey to shape up quickly if I have any realistic shot of climbing.    

You know what the Sworn D needs?   Steven Stamkos.       So does Tampa.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe I'm still dead last in PPP, was hoping all these trades would have improved, but I guess I must have been much farther back then I realized!

And only 3.5 pts from shut outs w/ Price & Murray is mind boggling to me!

Edited by redruM