Around the League: 2016-17 edition

MadDog2020

12 hours ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

If anyone else was watching the Hawks game, could you explain why when Blues were on a 5 on 3 and scored during a delayed penalty to the Hawks, the penalty was still called?

I wasn't watching the game but I'm assuming what happened is the following rule (15.4 in the nhl rulebook) applied:

15.4 Calling a Penalty – Short-handed Team – Goal Scored - If when a team is “short-handed” by reason of one or more minor or bench minor penalties, the Referee signals a further minor penalty or penalties against the “short-handed” team and a goal is scored by the non-offending side before the whistle is blown, then the goal shall be allowed. The penalty or penalties signaled shall be assessed and the first of the minor penalties already being served shall automatically terminate under Rule 16 – Minor Penalties. Major and match penalties shall be imposed in the normal manner regardless of whether or not a goal is scored.

So it would be the same thing if it was just a 5v4 and a goal was scored on a delayed penalty- the penalty already being served is switched out for the new penalty.

Edited by dmann422

30 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Oilers fans raving about Larsson after their first game- nothing we should be surprised about. I'll be rooting for them this year, with the addition of him and Lucic they could be a serious threat out West as long as the goaltending is decent.

Saw like the first 10 minutes of the game, and in his first shift, he threw a huge hit, crowd went nuts. Happy for the kid, hope he thrives and pans out like we all suspected he would after last season. Oilers fans deserve it, and so does he.

Edited by DJ Eco

On 10/14/2016 at 4:51 PM, sokar said:
with this signing the Ducks have $323,335 in cap space and they still have to sign Lindholm.  Would not be surprised if they make a trade soon

Cam Fowler's definitely gotta be on his way out, nothing else really makes sense...

What happened in the Sharks-Rangers game last night? I tuned in for 5 minutes during the 3rd and it just looked like San Jose completely stopped playing. It seemed like Sharks' D wasn't even trying to defend on Vesey's goal (the 5th goal), it was a farce, so I just turned it off. Was San Jose really that bad all game, or am I not giving the Rangers enough credit?

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lmfao lighten up there Al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be giving Al too much credit (more like definitely), but sometimes people do the "Fake Mad" thing for a good 10-15 seconds, just to fvck with someone (I've done that more than once, sometimes TOO convincingly) and make them feel uncomfortable as hell. Was kind of funny seeing Valiquette having to explain the joke to Al...his second laugh was a lot more forced than his first.

Not like Al has many hair options either...for him it's the shaved head/peach fuzz, the Danny DeVito skullet, or the look he's currently "rocking".  One of the crappier parts about aging as a man.  It's pretty much close-cropped for me or bust now.  Keeps the back-o-the-head beany from standing out too much.

At any rate, something kinda sad about a guy waving bye-bye to his follicles who has the word "wig" in his last name.  Poor schmuck.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

27 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

No matter how bad Al is Steve is 100000x worse to listen to. Steve is the living breathing definition of douche chills. 

Valiquette, Trautwig, Rosen, and Micheletti are the equivalents of syphilis, gonorrhea, the clap, and genital warts...no offense to syphilis, gonorrhea, the clap, and genital warts.  

• Like 5

Very controversial goal in the shootout last night of the Tampa Florida game. They reviewed it  and said it counted but it looks like he loses control on his first attempt and scores on his second attempt. I don't get why this one counted even though they explained it as forward motion. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Very controversial goal in the shootout last night of the Tampa Florida game. They reviewed it  and said it counted but it looks like he loses control on his first attempt and scores on his second attempt. I don't get why this one counted even though they explained it as forward motion. 

That is absurd. 

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was at the game.  It was even more terrible to watch in person.   I always thought the rule was if the player's momentum was stopped, which it looked like it was, that the play was over and it was whistled dead.  The worst part seemed to be that not only did bobble the puck, but he pretty much had to go back/sideways to corral it in order to try to take another shot.

Actually, I take that back.  The real worst part is, now whenever I play my son in NHL 16 for Xbox, I can't say how stupid, unfair, and cheap it is when he skates in circles and goes around and around in a shootout before eventually taking a shot on goal, because they allowed it in a real game!