Around the League: 2016-17 edition

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, Marshall said:

They have a b2b and Price getting his rest > Montoya's feelings. 

I get that if it's 4 or 5 goals. But 10? That's ridiculous. He's a member of your team and one that played very well while price was out. Price can handle a game and an extra period in 2 days. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Price should be able to handle a b2b by himself especially if he's just relieving his backup for one night. Marty used to do it and Price is considered to be the current best goalie in the game by some.

Coming off a big injury and knowing Price is not Marty, I wouldnt have risked him, that being said, sucks Montoya had to eat all 10 goals.

16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I've always thought Ryan Miller was a douche from his time with Buffalo, but this is an awesome veteran move:

https://streamable.com/dgck

Good old fashioned line brawl.

Nooo... why a douche?!  He did this commercial which is one of the only commercials I never turned off... You can't beat YoMammaWeen! 

21 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I've always thought Ryan Miller was a douche from his time with Buffalo, but this is an awesome veteran move:

https://streamable.com/dgck

Good old fashioned line brawl.

Towards the end in Buffalo, he was a douche. When I was living up there, you'd run into players quite often, he was cool early one, but as his patience there wore thin, so did his personality.

22 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Nooo... why a douche?!  He did this commercial which is one of the only commercials I never turned off... You can't beat YoMammaWeen! 

I think there was an incident with him and Henrique a few years back- after he stopped Henrique in a shootout he kind of gave a little attitude, that might be what he was referring to.

Edite: yes here is the "incident" 

Edited by dmann422

44 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

I think there was an incident with him and Henrique a few years back- after he stopped Henrique in a shootout he kind of gave a little attitude, that might be what he was referring to.

I don't have a problem with that. If I was an athlete I would do crap like that all the time. 

6 hours ago, jagknife said:

Towards the end in Buffalo, he was a douche. When I was living up there, you'd run into players quite often, he was cool early one, but as his patience there wore thin, so did his personality.

I'll never forgive him for that softie he left in from Crosby in OT at the Olympics either. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jagknife said:

Off topic, is Buffalo a neat city? I've been interested in visiting lately for some reason.

10 hours ago, dmann422 said:

Was this in the middle of one of those absurd losing steaks after the last lookout? I think I heard Chico mention a shorthanded goal, and I remember Rico netting a shortie in a game up in Buffalo in a loss that year.

Vegas franchise is gonna unveil their name and possibly logo and jerseys as well in two week. I've heard that the Las Vegas Desert Knights is most likely to be what they're going with.

Steve Carp @stevecarprj

It's set: Las Vegas NHL team name to be revealed 5:30 p.m. Nov. 22 at Toshiba Plaza. Free admission. Foley, Bettman and GMGM to be there.

Edited by CommonDreads

13 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Was this in the middle of one of those absurd losing steaks after the last lookout? I think I heard Chico mention a shorthanded goal, and I remember Rico netting a shortie in a game up in Buffalo in a loss that year.

Yes we were in the middle of a bad streak. Incidentally a week later we played Buffalo at home and beat Miller in the shootout to end the losing streak. Henrique didn't shoot in that shootout though.

Larry Brooks tweeted the following... apparently McIlrath was traded to the Panthers:  

1. A fresh start for McIlrath... in Florida...sent to Puddy Tats for Kampfer plus conditional 7th rounder (if McIlrath plays 30 NHL games). 2. Kampfer, 28 yo righty, recently cleared waivers and is en route to AHL Wolf Pack. Was in NYR 2014 camp, beaten for 7th D job by Hunwick.

Read it and weep. 2010 Draft: 10. McIlrath; 12. Fowler; 14. Jaden Schwartz; 16. Tarasenko; 19. N.Bjugstad; 26. Kuznetsov. Also: 24. K.Hayes

20 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Off topic, is Buffalo a neat city? I've been interested in visiting lately for some reason.

Buffalo can be a lot of fun. Just like any city, there are the elitist better-than-you douchebags so if you avoid them, you're golden, the biggest problem though, if you strike up a hockey conversation, an absurd number of them as so fvcking close minded they think we still play the trap.

I recommend hitting up Pearl Street Brewery for some good beer, Duffs for wings [fvck Anchor Bar, overpriced and overrated], and then I hear the Harbor Center/waterfront has been built up awesomely, I havent been there in about 6 years so thats the best I can do.

On 11/8/2016 at 1:16 PM, CommonDreads said:

Vegas franchise is gonna unveil their name and possibly logo and jerseys as well in two week. I've heard that the Las Vegas Desert Knights is most likely to be what they're going with.

Steve Carp @stevecarprj

It's set: Las Vegas NHL team name to be revealed 5:30 p.m. Nov. 22 at Toshiba Plaza. Free admission. Foley, Bettman and GMGM to be there.

That would be terrible.  I personally HATE when teams add an unnecessary adjective to a name.  I know their was an issue with "Knights" and I know the NHL told them no gambling references.  Just go with something else.  "Dessert Knights" sounds like minor league baseball.  But, I guess it is not as bad as "Rumble Ponies".