Around the League: 2016-17 edition

MadDog2020

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And Schlemko went to Montreal for a fifth round pick.  I would have taken that, unless there are bigger plans for our defenseman that's going to QB the powerplay, if you catch my drift.

ugh. Yea but standing in our way will be bright lights and tradition brah. Blueshirts faithful brah.

We should go all out for him, but be absolutely ready for a plan B.

Edited by '7'

Habs need D.

Which young defenseman would you part ways with for him?  Santini?  If they're looking for a proven commodity there's only one guy back there that fits the bill.. and I assume Severson is worth a whole lot more than just Galchenyuk.

That's quite weird that the Devils are interested in Galchenyuk. Not that he isn't a good player, but with Nolan/Nico, there will be enough top 6 centers and LWs in the organization that I'm not sure where he fits in, unless there is a trade to send one of those players elsewhere...OR unless the Makar rumors have some truth :(

3 minutes ago, nessus said:

That's quite weird that the Devils are interested in Galchenyuk. Not that he isn't a good player, but with Nolan/Nico, there will be enough top 6 centers and LWs in the organization that I'm not sure where he fits in, unless there is a trade to send one of those players elsewhere...OR unless the Makar rumors have some truth :(

I was thinking the same thing.  Doesn't seem to fit our most pressing need unless we then move out Henrique for a D.

ugh. Yea but standing in our way will be bright lights and tradition brah. Blueshirts faithful brah.

Broadway brah. Worlds most famous arena brah. Rangerstown brah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, '7' said:

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Don't forget all that extra endorsement money that being a Rag gets ya. All those commercials and billboards. Inundated with all those Rick Nash and Ryan McDonagh billboards and posters can't take it every where you turn around.

• Like 2

I have today's episode of Leafs Lunch on in the background at the office and they are talking about how good Tavares is and how he makes people around him better and that Eberle should be excited to play with him.  The host referenced how he makes the other guys on his line a lot of money and then brought up Patrik Elias as the person who made other skaters more money than anyone, referencing Clarkson, Sykora, Gionta etc. "Everyone who played with Elias got rich" was the exact quote from either Gord Miller or Dave Poulin (I have no idea which one is which just based on voice).  Good to hear people in other markets that understand this.    Hour 2 about 29 minutes in if you want to listen.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

HOT TAKE COMING IN:

Trade 1: Chicago-NJ, based around Henrique and Hjalmarsson

Trade 2: Montreal-NJ, based around Santini and Galchenyuk.

You heard it here first, folks.

I have no sources

Swedish newspaper also reports about a rumour that NJ wants to trading for Hjalmarsson but no information about what devils offers 

Edited by hrasvalg

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Montreal would want Santini as part of that deal for sure.

Yah, Santini sounds like he fits Bergevin's philosophy (such as it is) to a tee, that he could be the centerpiece of the deal.

But please don't be a prelude to taking Makar at 1.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

You can make more money selling your family members' tickets to a bunch of investment bankers that don't know what offsides is brah.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Galchenyuk is a good hockey player coming off a subpar season. He could be a good buy. I am intriigued.

His subpar season of 44 points would still be good for 4th on the Devils last year. :lol:

• Like 1