Around the League: 2016-17 edition

MadDog2020

Its an improvement but why don't they just ban the use of a challenge for an offside? 

No one seems to like it. I honestly feel like offside is the sort of thing where if its not obviously an offside, the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacking team (you know, more goals and all that), and calling back goals because someone's toe was in over the line a microsecond early was never the intention, and is HORRIBLE for the flow of the game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Its an improvement but why don't they just ban the use of a challenge for an offside? 

No one seems to like it. I honestly feel like offside is the sort of thing where if its not obviously an offside, the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacking team (you know, more goals and all that), and calling back goals because someone's toe was in over the line a microsecond early was never the intention, and is HORRIBLE for the flow of the game.

I think the offsides challenge needs to stay in there for that one in a million Duchene play where he was about 5 feet offside, so I'm content with just making the change to the penalty, that should (hopefully) be enough to deter coaches from just using it flippantly.

12 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I think the offsides challenge needs to stay in there for that one in a million Duchene play where he was about 5 feet offside, so I'm content with just making the change to the penalty, that should (hopefully) be enough to deter coaches from just using it flippantly.

how about taking away the challenge portion and let the room full of people watching EVERY GAME in Toronto do their freaking jobs? Like they get the alert a goal is scored in the office, watch the play, including the blue line, goal stands or they buzz the arena if they need more time. Take it out of the coaches hands and make the league call out their already crappy officials.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jagknife said:

how about taking away the challenge portion and let the room full of people watching EVERY GAME in Toronto do their freaking jobs? Like they get the alert a goal is scored in the office, watch the play, including the blue line, goal stands or they buzz the arena if they need more time. Take it out of the coaches hands and make the league call out their already crappy officials.

Couldn't agree more. With the technology we have these days and that hidden blue line camera that they only show us when they feel it there's no reason for this challenging stuff. It shouldn't ever take as long as it does either. 

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Couldn't agree more. With the technology we have these days and that hidden blue line camera that they only show us when they feel it there's no reason for this challenging stuff. It shouldn't ever take as long as it does either. 

Exactly, they have so much more than what is shown on TV, taking out the middle man [aka refs and coaches] on crap like that could speed up the game and actually get things right

• Like 1

That quote is really frustrating, implying that the organization made him play when he didn't believe he was healthy.

IMO, they would be more likely to force him not to play if he was healthy. The Devils could not wait to get rid of him.

Whatever, thanks for helping us tank to get Nico, DSP.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, nessus said:

That quote is really frustrating, implying that the organization made him play when he didn't believe he was healthy.

IMO, they would be more likely to force him not to play if he was healthy. The Devils could not wait to get rid of him.

Whatever, thanks for helping us tank to get Nico, DSP.

Exactly. They were not going out of their way to play him. Sure they were, DSP. 

• Like 1

Panthers finally trade Demers - to AZ - for Jamie McGinn, with FL retaining 12.5% salary: 

https://sports.yahoo.com/trade-panthers-send-jason-demers-201148418.html

And the Isles won at the Nassau Coliseum tonight :D 

Mike Morreale‏ @mikemorrealeNHL 

The Isles get dramatic win in return to Nassau Coliseum; their 1st gm at former home since 2015.

20 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Isabelle Khurshudyan‏ Verified account @ikhurshudyan 

DSP said he and his agent didn't get any head's up on the buyout by Devils. It was a surprise.

DSP said he was hurt all of last year. A nagging knee thing that he mentioned to Devs in Oct. "I don't want to say I was forced to play ..." :cryriver:

What a little bitch.  He had plenty of time to heal in the numerous games he was scratched.  How does he account for the same thing happening in Montreal, a city he was tearful of leaving?

Him and Gelinas can go fvck themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

What a little bitch.  He had plenty of time to heal in the numerous games he was scratched.  How does he account for the same thing happening in Montreal, a city he was tearful of leaving?

Him and Gelinas can go fvck themselves.

Or each other, if that's easier. 

• Like 1