Around the League: 2016-17 edition

MadDog2020

As others have mentioned when I brought up the Brodin possibility in the past, it seems Minnesota is not likely to trade one of their defensemen before the expansion draft. If they're going 7-3-1 (which they absolutely should, unless a significant/unlikely trade involving Pominville/Koivu is coming), then the Wild will protect Suter, Spurgeon, and most likely Dumba on D. That would leave Brodin and Scandella exposed. They could either lose Vegas's preference of the two (e.g. Brodin) for nothing in the expansion draft or both players (one to Vegas and the other to a different team via trade). From Minnesota's perspective, it may make more sense to only lose one unless the trade is an overpayment, imo.

Edited by nessus

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

According to SNY: 

The Islanders have signed F Steve Bernier to a two-year, two-way contract, the team announced Friday.

Bernier, 32, had 16 goals and 10 assists in 33 games with Bridgerport of the AHL last season.

I still hold a grudge for that major in 2012.

I know, I know. I should let it go. It was a bad call, Scuderi (I believe) turned into it, it could happen to anyone, etc. But God damn it if that penalty wasn't an awful way to end a phenomenal run to the finals.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I still hold a grudge for that major in 2012.

I know, I know. I should let it go. It was a bad call, Scuderi (I believe) turned into it, it could happen to anyone, etc. But God damn it if that penalty wasn't an awful way to end a phenomenal run to the finals.

Agreed. I wish it wasn't the first thing I think of when I hear his name.  I am glad he's signed but I'm extra glad it's not with the Devils. 

18 hours ago, sokar said:

Seabrook is getting paid almost 6.9 million for the next 7 yrs in order for a team to take that imo Debrincat or Pokka has to go the with him

That contract is just way too long.   I don't mind taking cap dumps while we're rebuilding but I don't think Shero should take anything longer than 2-3 years.  It was a stupid contract the day it was signed, let Chicago deal with the implications.    

At first I thought you guys were crazy - a 1st AND Seabrook coming back to us?  Why the hell not?

But then I looked him up - didn't realize he was 32, and I didn't realize he had one of those "career contracts".  

I'd still take him if Chicago really sweetened the pot, but agreed that a 1st isn't enough.

20 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

According to a beat writer in Chicago (as of yesterday), Seabrook had not yet been approached.  He's not a fast skater and it's only going to get worse - I would not touch that contract... 

His best days are easily behind him.  We all need to remember, playing on a good deep team keeps your stats decent.  Imagine him on Arizona? Seabrook, no thanks

If Klein retires, the Rangers just opened up 6 million in space. They could likely afford Shattenkirk if they choose

Never fails. Ever. And he'll sign there too, not even a question now. He won't win anything, just like every other jerk-off that sells out and goes there, but he'll go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not the least bit surprised that they bought out Girardi, but Klein can go fvck himself- this schmuck is gonna forgo $3 million so he can go play in a glorified beer league overseas? Did the Rags threaten his family or something? I'm sick and tired of these stupid fvcktard players doing that sh!tbag organization favors, be it 'retiring' early when there's no reason to, or taking 'less than market value', like what Shattenprick is probably gonna do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 6:27 AM, Lateralous said:

That contract is just way too long.   I don't mind taking cap dumps while we're rebuilding but I don't think Shero should take anything longer than 2-3 years.  It was a stupid contract the day it was signed, let Chicago deal with the implications.    

Yup, by the time we would actually be getting good, that contract would hurt the most and ultimately undermine the rebuild results.

Edited by Antiquated Colorado Rockie