Around the League: 2016-17 edition

MadDog2020

I like the Sergachev-Drouin deal for both teams. I had Sergachev rated as the best defenseman in 2016, think the kid has top pairing dman written all over him, and he comes as a non-factor cap-wise to Tampa Bay with 3 years remaining on his contract. Drouin is gonna help Montreal score some more goals, but they gotta make a move for some defense or else that blue line is U-G-L-Y in a couple years.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 1

Enjoyed listening to Steve Kouleos/Mike Johnson doing a moc LV draft. Consensus is the need 3 goalies (Flower/Raanta, Grubauer)  tons of quality D men, (all young) but weak on fw.  They will pick up on it tomorrow. 

Hoping Shero can nab a D man himself for a couple picks

Edited by vadvlfan
misspelled

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

And it looks like Arizona will be the latest team to rescue the Rags.  They apparently have serious interest in Stepan.  That means one of Keller, Strome or Chykrun going to the other way.  Life sucks. 

I don't think Arizona is trading any of those guys, especially not for Stepan. I could see the Yotes parting with someone like Crouse or Merkley but certainly none of their big 3.

Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie  

Assuming trade call gets done, ARI to retain 25 per cent of Smith's salary. CGY will send rights to Brandon Hickey + conditional 3rd rder...

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun  

Chad Johnson also going to Arizona as part of that deal

That conditional 3rd rounder becomes a 2nd round pick for Arizona if the Flames make the playoffs next season

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, we can Shattenkirk in our hats, he ain't coming here. 

That should make a lot of this board happy. You would think he looked as bad as Killjoy during this year's playoffs judging by some of the comments here.