2016 Training Camp thread

MadDog2020

8 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Boucher #15 Lovejoy takes #12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder why Bennett was given 8? Nothing should probably be assumed by this, but often when you go from say 41 to 14, thats usually a sign of mainstream faith in me

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Wonder why Bennett was given 8? Nothing should probably be assumed by this, but often when you go from say 41 to 14, thats usually a sign of mainstream faith in me

Bennett, when fully healthy, fit in the top 6 of a strong Stanley Cup contender. Bennett, if healthy, will play in the top 6 and perform well.

Not really related to TC numbers but it's good to see players choosing the numbers they want for the season. Back in the past Lou would be too controlling with this in his attempt to keep jersey numbers under 30. We'd have like...3-4 guys come up and wear 15 over the course of a season. So annoying. 

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Zubie, you just reached hero status in my book.

I'll take half the credit. I first thought about it way back when we signed Bennett hoping he'd take 8 for BB8 but I totally forgot about it until someone on HF thought of the same thing and posted it. Glad I wasn't alone haha.

38 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Is it just me, or does it seem bizarre that preseason games begin on Monday after only a couple days of practice. Is this the norm or is it just because of the WCH?

No, that is standard.  Last year they also started on Friday and had their first game Sunday.

Edited by Triumph

3 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Sounds like Jon Merrill is fully healed and looked strong today. Good, good.

Also rocking a crazy flow!

He and Severson need to take huge steps forward this season or good luck making playoffs with this group.  I hope Hynes plays the sh!t out of Merrill early and really irons out the final kinks in his game or we get to see him drop like a fly out of the roster.