Hall adjusting to Jersey

MadDog2020

It's called pork roll, fellas. It even says pork roll on the Taylor ham box.

Whenever we get a new player, I just want to take them on a personalized tour of the state to make sure they're seeing the real Jersey off the bat. Island Beach, the Pine Barrens, Cape May, Asbury, the Delaware Water Gap, Lambertville, get some seafood and Jersey blueberries. I don't know what their heads are getting filled with otherwise.

Whenever we get a new player, I just want to take them on a personalized tour of the state to make sure they're seeing the real Jersey off the bat. Island Beach, the Pine Barrens, Cape May, Asbury, the Delaware Water Gap, Lambertville, get some seafood and Jersey blueberries. I don't know what their heads are getting filled with otherwise.

Taylor Ham. End of story. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

It says pork roll on the WHAT?

EXACTLY 

• Like 1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

I'm sticking with Taylor Ham out of respect for Mr. Taylor's original intentions. That's how I always ordered one. 

Also, I don't know if anyone is in the area but what happened to the Lido dinner in Springfield on 22? I was on google maps street view the other day, just reliving the old days, and I noticed the Lido is gone. I used to go there all of the time especially when I worked at the Bennigan's that used to be right there too.

Edited by Jerzey

In North Jersey, it's Taylor Ham. If you go anywhere in North Jersey and order a 'pork roll, egg, and cheese', you're going to be asked what the fvck you're talking about. That's a fact. You central and south Jersey folks should know this in the event you find yourself up here and you want a breakfast sandwich. [emoji1]

• Like 1

Dispute aside, its. It funny if you say pork roll because his name isn't Pork Roll Hall*.

Incidentally, I worked in the Short Hills Mall for two years while in law school and the lack of a food court was disturbing. You either had to eat from Sbarro (not sure if it's still there, I'm talking 15 years ago), spend too much for takeout from one of the restaurants, or get a delivery from outside the mall.

*EDIT: unless we want to nickname him Pork Roll, I'm ok with that. 

Edited by mfitz804

On 9/30/2016 at 9:03 PM, thecoffeecake said:

Get him Jersey tomatoes and corn. And stay out of the west side of Asbury for Chrissakes

• Like 1

" I figured you could just pay with a credit card and I was scrambling around looking for cash," explained Hall. "Luckily, I found a ten dollar bill in one of my bags, but the line was now 10-15 cars deep because this idiot at the front of the line didn't have cash." 

He went from "clueless Northerner" to "Jersey Boy" in 2.7 sentences.

• Like 1

Always both amusing and irritating to read how surprised people are at how great NJ can be, once they get out of Newark Airport (and surrounding area).  So many outsiders think the whole damned state is like that.

So much to see and do here...last weekend went apple-picking at one of many NJ's massive farms, spent yesterday checking out three awesome NJ wineries...spent two nights with my wife at a B&B right on the Delaware, spent yesterday walking seven miles on a quiet toepath.  Lots of open space and natural scenic beauty.  Just wish more people knew about it. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, MadDog2020 said:

In North Jersey, it's Taylor Ham. If you go anywhere in North Jersey and order a 'pork roll, egg, and cheese', you're going to be asked what the fvck you're talking about. That's a fact. You central and south Jersey folks should know this in the event you find yourself up here and you want a breakfast sandwich. emoji1.png

Central Jersey doesn't exist.  It is made up by people living in the northern reaches of South Jersey who cannot live with the fact that they still live in South Jersey.

• Like 1