Hall adjusting to Jersey

MadDog2020

I wonder who Taylor Hall is supporting for this year's election. :joker:

On topic, if neither Henrique or DSP wants to be Egg or Cheese for the Taylort, Egg, and Cheese line, maybe we can convince them to be simply "Oates" so we can call the line "Hall and Oates". Or Holland Oates if you like Sunny.

Edited by Jerzey

South-Central Jersey is the part that always gets ignored and disrespected. But it exists and is its own region with its own culture. It's where you have the weird crossover of Giants/Phillies, Mets/Eagles, Jets/Flyers fan combos that are rarely seen anywhere else

2 hours ago, '7' said:

South-Central Jersey is the part that always gets ignored and disrespected. But it exists and is its own region with its own culture. It's where you have the weird crossover of Giants/Phillies, Mets/Eagles, Jets/Flyers fan combos that are rarely seen anywhere else

Yea, there was a lot of that where I grew up. Most people were Giants/Yankees/Devils/Nets, but a lot of people had a Philly team or 2 thrown in, the Eagles and Sixers especially. The NBA wasn't entirely popular, but there were definitely more Sixers fans than Knicks fans in my part of Ocean County. The Eagles and Sixers were both pretty good when I was younger, though, the Iverson/McNabb days. The Phillies fans were mostly the rare older people who had been raised in the area before the migration of New Yorkers and North Jersey folks. I think that's why the line between New York and Philly support in the state isn't east-west, but northwest-southeast. All of the transplants brought NY sports culture with them to Ocean and Monmouth counties but not Burlington.

We had both Philly and New York sports channels locally (which must be an anomaly; that can almost never happen with strict territory rights issues), and even though the Vet/Citizens Bank Park was a shorter and easier trip than to the Bronx or Queens, mostly Mets and Yankees fans. The other 3 major sports were/are more accessible at the Meadowlands and Newark, though, which is also somewhat unique I'd guess, in that some Philly teams are closer (MLB, now NBA) and some NJ/NY teams are closer. Maybe that's true too on parts of the Route 1/Princeton/Trenton/New Brunswick corridor.

That directional broadcasting is fine tuned to a couple of miles now, I believe. But cable even beats that. I know a guy who moved to Allentown NJ at the far western end of Monmouth County, but wanted to see NY sports, so he used his mother's address in Brick for billing to get NY channels on DirecTV. Not every workaround involves technology.

Edited by point

18 hours ago, point said:

That directional broadcasting is fine tuned to a couple of miles now, I believe. But cable even beats that. I know a guy who moved to Allentown NJ at the far western end of Monmouth County, but wanted to see NY sports, so he used his mother's address in Brick for billing to get NY channels on DirecTV. Not every workaround involves technology.

Us having CSN and TCN Philadelphia and SNY, YES, and MSG weren't workarounds. Everyone in the area always had both. I know in Freehold they don't get any Philadelphia stations (and it's not far from Allentown where you're saying only Philadelphia channels are offered). My family's cable in Toms River still has both.

As a northern Jersey guy I've always said that the Driscoll bridge is central jersey.  Not the area or towns around it, just the bridge itself.  I know it is a tad more complex than that, but it works for me.

Please save the 'Taylor ham' line names until Zacha is on the lines (was hoping with patty also) so you can have Taylor hall with czech(cheese).  Or is that pushing it?

whats the goosey / mischief / cabbage night breakdown?

Yes i'm getting antsy for the season,  would like to talk about the team but have no clue what to expect again so I am reading back on off topic threads and will try to wait 15 games to take it all in.

Joe