Jump to content

Pru Center to (finally) enforce noisemaker ban


RunninWithTheDevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

I read in several different places that the staff at Pru Center have banned horns for the upcoming season.

 

I had written them about it last week:

"Good afternoon, 

 
I'm contacting you regarding the man who plays the Vuvuzuela (soccer horn) after a goal is scored at the game. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, and he seems to be a season ticket holder because he's at EVERY game I go to. 
 
Noisemakers of any kind are forbidden from entering Prudential Center, according to its own rules. This horn is distracting and annoying, not to mention the "you suck" chant makes us look like a bunch of children.
 
A number of other people also agree with me, as I have been a part of a Devils fan community message board online for the past 10 years. I've been a Devils fan my whole life. We all have. I would rather watch 2001 Ray Borque steal our cup over and over again for the rest of my life then to have to bear another season with that idiot blowing his horn after every goal.
 
I understand losing a few fans wouldn't matter much in the long run, drops in the ocean;
 
but this could be your solution to get rid of the "You suck" chant once and for all. 
 
The worst that happens is that a few people are upset that their dumb friend doesn't have his Vuvuzuela. 
 
Thanks for taking time to read this

"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I read in several different places that the staff at Pru Center have banned horns for the upcoming season.

 

I had written them about it last week:

"Good afternoon, 

 
I'm contacting you regarding the man who plays the Vuvuzuela (soccer horn) after a goal is scored at the game. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, and he seems to be a season ticket holder because he's at EVERY game I go to. 
 
Noisemakers of any kind are forbidden from entering Prudential Center, according to its own rules. This horn is distracting and annoying, not to mention the "you suck" chant makes us look like a bunch of children.
 
A number of other people also agree with me, as I have been a part of a Devils fan community message board online for the past 10 years. I've been a Devils fan my whole life. We all have. I would rather watch 2001 Ray Borque steal our cup over and over again for the rest of my life then to have to bear another season with that idiot blowing his horn after every goal.
 
I understand losing a few fans wouldn't matter much in the long run, drops in the ocean;
 
but this could be your solution to get rid of the "You suck" chant once and for all. 
 
The worst that happens is that a few people are upset that their dumb friend doesn't have his Vuvuzuela. 
 
Thanks for taking time to read this

"

Although I disagree with people who are anti -YS chant generally (freedom of speech/expression being what they are), I gotta say, I hate that guy and his dumb horn, and your last paragraph pretty much summed it up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I read in several different places that the staff at Pru Center have banned horns for the upcoming season.

 

I had written them about it last week:

"Good afternoon, 

 
I'm contacting you regarding the man who plays the Vuvuzuela (soccer horn) after a goal is scored at the game. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, and he seems to be a season ticket holder because he's at EVERY game I go to. 
 
Noisemakers of any kind are forbidden from entering Prudential Center, according to its own rules. This horn is distracting and annoying, not to mention the "you suck" chant makes us look like a bunch of children.
 
A number of other people also agree with me, as I have been a part of a Devils fan community message board online for the past 10 years. I've been a Devils fan my whole life. We all have. I would rather watch 2001 Ray Borque steal our cup over and over again for the rest of my life then to have to bear another season with that idiot blowing his horn after every goal.
 
I understand losing a few fans wouldn't matter much in the long run, drops in the ocean;
 
but this could be your solution to get rid of the "You suck" chant once and for all. 
 
The worst that happens is that a few people are upset that their dumb friend doesn't have his Vuvuzuela. 
 
Thanks for taking time to read this

"

You really prefer to lose the Stanley Cup then listen to the horn?!?!? SMFH

Do everyone a favor, stop being so uptight about life and stay home.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The horn sucked.  It wasn't ever clever or funny, it was just lame and annoying, and the dipsh!t who insisted on blowing it was like a little kid who never knew when to stop.  It added nothing to the game-day experience.  Glad it's gone.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

 I would rather watch 2001 Ray Borque steal our cup over and over again for the rest of my life then to have to bear another season with that idiot blowing his horn after every goal. 

This is one of the worst things I have ever read on this board.

And I also heard the horn at the flyers game so it's not banned yet. I didn't go to or watch the Rangers game so can't speak for that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

i thought it was kinda funny.  dont see where i wind, i guess that chant really means a lot to you hahaha

Nope, I've said this numerous times over the years that I dont care either way about the chant but even if the horn isn't there people will still do the you suck in whatever goal song we have. The horn just doesn't bother me either way. 

And like I said above I heard it on Monday during the flyers game when I was there.  

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The chant just makes zero sense, and reflects badly on us as a fan base, both intelligence wise, and class wise. Im more concerned about the former than the latter.

 

Yea im sure chanting "you suck" to Pittsburgh and their 2 recent cups while we keep missing the playoffs because we managed to score a goal really gets them good. Sick burn bro.....

Edited by Toasterleavins
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm kind of upset about this.  Even though I had to sit next to the vuvuzela guy's section while the Devils scored 7 goals in a game last season and found it annoying, it confined the You Suck to well after the goal.  Maybe some Bauman-esque leatherlungs can get it going now at that time.  Otherwise they're going to try to bring it back during the goal song.

Edited by Triumph
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Toasterleavins said:

The chant just makes zero sense, and reflects badly on us as a fan base, both intelligence wise, and class wise. Im more concerned about the former than the latter.

 

Yea im sure chanting "you suck" to Pittsburgh and their 2 recent cups while we keep missing the playoffs because we managed to score a goal really gets them good. Sick burn bro.....

Yeah, I guess after the Devils score a goal against Sid and his army we should all just chant "Let's Go Pens!"

I don't see how the chant reflects on us badly as a fan base. And not that it matters, but there are other fan bases in hockey that have the same chant after goals.

I think no matter what rules the team tries to enforce, fans will still find ways to get the chant started, so there's no use in arguing about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Joonas #6 said:

I think it's funny every time when I hear it on tv, because the "song" is so bad. Haha. But I guess it sounds more annoying to guys who are actually there hearing it in person. 

Yeah, I definitely wasn't a fan of it, especially when I was there.  Something about it was just irritating.  I think mostly because the guy who brought it had no idea of what moderation is. 

6 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Yeah! Let's sit on our hands and let the Rock be more of a morgue than it already is! 

Not liking the horn doesn't correlate to wanting a quiet building.  I'm all for noise.  I just despised the vuvu.  There wasn't universal hatred for it, but I definitely think a lot of people weren't feeling it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

Yeah, I guess after the Devils score a goal against Sid and his army we should all just chant "Let's Go Pens!"

I don't see how the chant reflects on us badly as a fan base. And not that it matters, but there are other fan bases in hockey that have the same chant after goals.

I think no matter what rules the team tries to enforce, fans will still find ways to get the chant started, so there's no use in arguing about it.

It doesn't. It's an expression of excitement and exuberance.

It became lame when people were so invested in it that they had to keep doing it when the goal song changed and the vuvu took over. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Nope, I've said this numerous times over the years that I dont care either way about the chant but even if the horn isn't there people will still do the you suck in whatever goal song we have. The horn just doesn't bother me either way. 

And like I said above I heard it on Monday during the flyers game when I was there.  

Not really.  That vuvuzela was a cue and without the cue, the you suck chant can't be orchestrated nearly as good.  Apparently the guy with the horn said he tried to just sing it and I did hear him (he was in sec 129 and I was in sec 12).  I did hear him, but barely on maybe 2 of the goals.  Didn't hear him at all on 3 of the goals as there was either music played or something else going on.  I say it was pretty damn effective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I despise the horn and glad it is gone.  The guy who does it went on FB on Saturday night and cried up a storm about it and he got maybe a couple dozen people agreeing with him.  Apparently to the cretins that inhabit that group a couple dozen people = a majority of the fanbase.  I know I was by far not the only one who hated that horn and glad it's gone.

To those who think those who hate the horn want the arena to be quiet; just shut up already with that dumb angle.   Just because we hate the horn doesn't mean we want a quiet arena.  We just want an end to the dumb chants that have taken over the experience for the last 5-10 years.

Is it really that cliché that maybe we prefer to spend most of the game cheering for our team rather than against the team we are playing (or often more times than not against a team we are not even playing that night!)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.