Pru Center to (finally) enforce noisemaker ban

RunninWithTheDevil

I'm done responding so hopefully the thread doesn't go too off the rails.. Offered my opinion, and that's all it is. It's not like I have any ability to effect change with this issue and I go to less games than probably a decent amount of you as I live in west jabib new jersey. At the end of the day we are all Devils fans.

While I don't go to any games in person because I don't live there anymore, as an impartial guy (but obviously Devils fan) I can say that I could definitely see where the horn might be annoying, yet at the same time I wouldn't really have a hard time ignoring it.  It's kinda like when you're young and your sibling is doing something that annoys you or bothers you, your parents always tell them (especially if you're the older one) to look the other way and ignore it.   Pretty easy to do when the horn only lasts, I'm assuming, 3-4 seconds or so.  

That said, I was also bothered by the "would rather watch Bourque steal our Cup" line.  I don't get any more satisfaction as a sports fan than watching my favorite team win the Stanley Cup, but one thing that I've ALWAYS wanted, especially in the late 90s early 2000s when we were really good, was to watch them win it back to back, because it's so hard to do.  To me, in an era of ultra competitiveness that we see in all major sports leagues, winning the Cup back to back is the true measure of dominance and "dynasty". 

• Like 1

On October 1, 2016 at 9:13 PM, trailblazer said:

If the horn really bothers you, then you really are a dork. Simple as that. 

On October 1, 2016 at 9:16 PM, trailblazer said:

You really prefer to lose the Stanley Cup then listen to the horn?!?!? SMFH

Do everyone a favor, stop being so uptight about life and stay home.  

Hmmm, a little touchy on this topic ehh?  Is it perhaps because we all want to take your horn away?  I'm sure you can think of something else to play with..... hopefully not at the same venue.

11 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

While I don't go to any games in person because I don't live there anymore, as an impartial guy (but obviously Devils fan) I can say that I could definitely see where the horn might be annoying, yet at the same time I wouldn't really have a hard time ignoring it.  It's kinda like when you're young and your sibling is doing something that annoys you or bothers you, your parents always tell them (especially if you're the older one) to look the other way and ignore it.   Pretty easy to do when the horn only lasts, I'm assuming, 3-4 seconds or so.  

That said, I was also bothered by the "would rather watch Bourque steal our Cup" line.  I don't get any more satisfaction as a sports fan than watching my favorite team win the Stanley Cup, but one thing that I've ALWAYS wanted, especially in the late 90s early 2000s when we were really good, was to watch them win it back to back, because it's so hard to do.  To me, in an era of ultra competitiveness that we see in all major sports leagues, winning the Cup back to back is the true measure of dominance and "dynasty". 

Yes, I think that line was over-the-top, but I doubt it was meant literally either.  People say things like that all of the time, like: "I'd rather have my eyes poked out with dull needles than read another annoying internet advert."   However, I can assure you that, in fact, all of us would, in fact, much prefer reading millions of those annoying, g-dforsaken adverts instead of having our eyes ruthlessly impaled, right?  Okay, maybe not the pop ups, those are worth gouging ones own eyes out to avoid, but you get my meaning..... 

Horn guy got kicked out of the arena yesterday and went on FB to cry about it.  He says it was because he was chanting Let's go Devils in or near the club sections, but later admitted that he also brought a horn in and got it taken away.

Guy needs to give it up already.  Feel bad that he lives his life through that dumb horn and that it defines him.

• Like 1

Horn guy got kicked out of the arena yesterday and went on FB to cry about it.  He says it was because he was chanting Let's go Devils in or near the club sections, but later admitted that he also brought a horn in and got it taken away.
Guy needs to give it up already.  Feel bad that he lives his life through that dumb horn and that it defines him.

I guarantee he brings the horn to opening night. Guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, if you really think i meant the Ray Borque line literally, you're an idiot.

Second, the team itself did just fine without a dumb horn under the guise of "tradition".  This is an organization that won 3 championships inside of a swamp. What happens on the ice isnt dictated by some dummy with a horn or by how loud you can chant the other team sucks or any other stupid fan gimmick. 

Going to Devils games for this guy isnt about trying to watch a game and be a fan and cheer like we do.

Going to a game for this guy is about HIM and HIS HORN and how HE will blah blah, making it a slightly sh!tty experience for everyone else. If they ban him good riddance, if he wants to sit there and start chants, by all means go ahead, just lose the horn and grow up, or go to a Red Bulls game if it bothers you that much.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

First off, if you really think i meant the Ray Borque line literally, you're an idiot.

Second, the team itself did just fine without a dumb horn under the guise of "tradition".  This is an organization that won 3 championships inside of a swamp. What happens on the ice isnt dictated by some dummy with a horn or by how loud you can chant the other team sucks or any other stupid fan gimmick. 

Going to Devils games for this guy isnt about trying to watch a game and be a fan and cheer like we do.

Going to a game for this guy is about HIM and HIS HORN and how HE will blah blah, making it a slightly sh!tty experience for everyone else. If they ban him good riddance, if he wants to sit there and start chants, by all means go ahead, just lose the horn and grow up, or go to a Red Bulls game if it bothers you that much.

Bullseye.  He is pissy because he won't be known as the "horn guy" anymore and won't get the adoration from the cretins who like it.

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

How many people really know this guy? I barely miss any home games and I couldn't pick this guy out of a lineup if I my life depended on it. 

When did he get thrown out? Cause I saw him doing the chants minus the horn for both goals. 

If you follow some of the bigger Devils fan groups on FB, you would know who it is.  He makes it a point to be known as the "horn guy"

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I guarantee he brings the horn to opening night. Guarantee it.

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

And I guarantee it will get it taken away again either at the door or during the game and will then cry about it on FB.

You are absolutely a giant loser if you are not supposed to bring a horn, said horn is confiscated, and then you try to justify your actions on Facebook. 

Also, I would add that if he actually did get kicked out of a game he paid for for bringing a horn that he knew he wasn't supposed to bring, or for continuing with his horn activities, he needs to readjust his priorities and someone should throw a slice of pizza at him.

I would add further that if there is anyone out there who teaches dumb plastic horn lessons, that guy should sign up. He's not even on key, if I wasn't a Devils fan, and I heard him start "playing" R&R Part II, I wouldn't even know what it was until people started shouting "Hey, you suck", which, interestingly enough, that guy does. Maybe they are just talking about his horn playing. 

• Like 1

i really don't understand all the hate from the people who don't like that horn.  I'm in 101 so maybe if I was next to it.  Probably not as a punk / metal fan.  

I didn't chant along when it was rock and roll (and honestly I'm quite while watching and will talk hockey but don't usually yell) but I do occasionally now cause it pisses some of you off and it has been a fun cat and mouse game.  

start chant right after goal, > play music to drown it out >  start after puck drops > announce goal to drown out chant > start chant immediately after goal is announced > ???

Mascot did start the drums over the vuvuzela once so maybe that is the next step.  I just hope we score enough to see how this plays out.

Our end of the building does seem to chant along on big goals.  Few here and there on every goal, but very notcable on big goals

I didn't mind rangers sucks once a game / period.  Hate all the ad-ons.  Ric flair wooing is annoying.  Yelling 'red' during anthem, just stop, i'm trying to listen to the fvcking song.  I do like the 'it's a pp goal, fvck you sam rosen' and the mike (brief pause) miller goal score chant.  Bauman used to chant after every goal(and he still gets the crowd going occasionally) , I do like that we have some sort of tradition for it.  

Our fanbase is good at 2 things.  Booing and yelling you suck.  Why take away one of our strengths?

I don't understand the Bourque line in the complaint letter.  If you didn't mean it literally, why should i take any other line you write in the letter literally?

calling someone a cretin casue they don't like the chant?  I have heard that all good cretins go to heaven but as a Ramones fan and an athiest I'm conflicted.

Joe

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

I didn't chant along when it was rock and roll (and honestly I'm quite while watching and will talk hockey but don't usually yell) but I do occasionally now cause it pisses some of you off and it has been a fun cat and mouse game.  

Our fanbase is good at 2 things.  Booing and yelling you suck.  Why take away one of our strengths?

within 2 sentences you prove my point about the type of people who get their kicks out of this stupid sh!t.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Why are they doing a ring of honor?  Very lame. Also, retro night in January? It's a st pattys day time tradition for us. Every time traditions take root or fans latch onto something, ownership stomps on it.

There are 2 retro nights so one will be around St Pattys. There were 2 last year as well.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

There are 2 retro nights so one will be around St Pattys. There were 2 last year as well.

That being said, no problem with it. Going to try to get to one of them this year, always fun to see them in the green, makes me feel like I've traveled back in time. 

7 hours ago, devlman said:

Why are they doing a ring of honor?  Very lame. Also, retro night in January? It's a st pattys day time tradition for us. Every time traditions take root or fans latch onto something, ownership stomps on it.

One, as mentioned, there will be 2 just like last year. Two the Ring of Honor is a great way to honor players and people who are important to the team but not necessarily at number retirement levels. Like Lemeiux, Brylin, even guys like Terreri etc. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:27 AM, Joe B said:

I didn't mind rangers sucks once a game / period.  Hate all the ad-ons.  Ric flair wooing is annoying.  Yelling 'red' during anthem, just stop, i'm trying to listen to the fvcking song.  I do like the 'it's a pp goal, fvck you sam rosen' and the mike (brief pause) miller goal score chant.  Bauman used to chant after every goal(and he still gets the crowd going occasionally) , I do like that we have some sort of tradition for it.  

calling someone a cretin casue they don't like the chant?  I have heard that all good cretins go to heaven but as a Ramones fan and an athiest I'm conflicted.

Joe

The remaining lines I quoted are why you are one of the cretins in the stands.

Interesting how this thread has brought out some posters who have been MIA for the longest time.

Had to bump this thread lol so it seems the horn is definitely officially band. The you suck is still done during the goal song though, can hear it clear as day at the arena, probably not so much at home. 

They hey song with the you suck is still there is as well. It's not as organized as it was with the horn but definitely doesn't look like it's going anywhere 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Had to bump this thread lol so it seems the horn is definitely officially band. The you suck is still done during the goal song though, can hear it clear as day at the arena, probably not so much at home. 

They hey song with the you suck is still there is as well. It's not as organized as it was with the horn but definitely doesn't look like it's going anywhere 

I said it in another thread, but it actually happened at least 2 times after the first goal and 4 times after the second (instead of the 1 when the horn was used).  It's not as organized, but now we are getting it more often, so I don't think ownership has accomplished anything with enforcing the ban.  There was a group of STH's in my section that started it first after each goal and they just got up and sang/yelled the RRPartII chant to get it started.  It worked and was loud, especially after the second goal when people started catching on to the fact that the horn was banned.  They should have just left it alone and let the guy bring in his horn, now you are getting the YS chant 2-4 times after every goal, instead of 1.

• Like 1