2016-17 Prospects Thread

thefiestygoat

On December 3, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Toasterleavins said:

Should we be concerned about Bastian and Mcleod? Was hoping for a bit more production out of those two, especially considering the start they had.

From what I remember, that Missasauga team was supposed to be good this year. Maybe their struggles in the standings relate more to the issues McLeod and Bastian are having...who knows.  Hopefully they turn it around soon.

Joey Anderson was invited to the US U-20 camp.  He's quietly having an excellent freshman year being the second highest scorer on the number 1 ranked team at more than a point per game.  When you think of wasted third round picks like Connor Chatham, this is a very positive development.  

• Like 1

Would put money on Bellows - Keller - Anderson being a line for USA, that line tore up the U18s and I don't imagine them breaking it up.

Bracco - White - Boeser
Roslovic - Brown - DeBrincat
Bellows - Keller - Anderson
Greenway - Kunin - Thompson
Foley, Harper

Fitzgerald, McAvoy, Fox, Krys, Lindgren, Ahcan, Jones

Oettinger, Parsons

Ive been pretty critical of USA's team selection over the last couple years but that looks like a gold contending team to me this year.

Edited by CommonDreads

I'm stuck late at work tonight so I'm streaming the radio feed for Mississauga at Kitchener.   Bastian scored his 4th goal of the season in the first period.   It apparently went in and out of the net so fast that no one knew it went it.   The announcers came back from a commercial break and said that a goal had been awarded after a booth review while they were away.      

Edit: 5-1 Steelheads win.   The 1st period goal by Bastian was the only point for the two Devils prospects.  

Edited by Lateralous

If he were healthy, Santini might not be a bad player to call up to try and mix things up a bit.  The lack of points is a bit concerning, but he's a physical defensive defenseman that seems to be able to handle the puck and skate well enough.   Basically he accomplishes what you think Gadzic might, but he's not a waste of roster spot

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Tri, I hear ya, but you think he could be any worse, than what we have now. lol

Probably not.  But that's not the point.  You want him to learn and adjust to being a pro in the minors, so he can continue to improve.  Throwing him into the NHL when he isn't ready could hurt his development and isn't worth it for a few more wins in a season where we aren't going anywhere.

• Like 1

Probably not.  But that's not the point.  You want him to learn and adjust to being a pro in the minors, so he can continue to improve.  Throwing him into the NHL when he isn't ready could hurt his development and isn't worth it for a few more wins in a season where we aren't going anywhere.

Bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk