2016-17 Prospects Thread

thefiestygoat

Is Spears eligible to play in the A next year? I guess we'll have Bastian, McCleod, there. Anyone else. Love to see Rykov but come to NA but

I believe he recently signed with K for a couple years.

Is Spears eligible to play in the A next year? I guess we'll have Bastian, McCleod, there. Anyone else. Love to see Rykov but come to NA but

I believe he recently signed with K for a couple years.

Bastian and McCleod aren't eligible for the A next year AFAIK, still too young. Speers will be in NJ next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McLeod with another big night.  He had 3G and 3A in a 10-1 win for Mississauga and while I don't typically put a lot of stock in racking up points in a huge blowout, he did score the first two goals of the game and all 6 of his points came on the first 6 Steelheads goals.  Bastian got a goal as well.  

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/gamecentre/22119/boxscore

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

McLeod with another big night.  He had 3G and 3A in a 10-1 win for Mississauga and while I don't typically put a lot of stock in racking up points in a huge blowout, he did score the first two goals of the game and all 6 of his points came on the first 6 Steelheads goals.  Bastian got a goal as well.  

Born in 1998... I'm getting old.

• Like 1

Love seeing McLeod really find his offensive game in a big way over the past month, knock on him was whether or not his hand speed could start to match his foot speed, looks like he might be starting to add that to his game. With his speed, he's going to be an NHLer someday no doubt, but if he develops a well-rounded offensive game to go with that speed he could be a real special player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Bastian's goal was a clear breakaway where McLeod had Bastian almost on a secondary breakaway basically and he just dropped it for him to slam home. Reminded me of that one Henrique breakaway I think last year in OT I wanna say? Think he dropped it for John Moore to slam home. Might've been Palmieri though.

Anyway, yeah, what a game for him.

Edited by Steven M.

2 hours ago, Steven M. said:

Bastian's goal was a clear breakaway where McLeod had Bastian almost on a secondary breakaway basically and he just dropped it for him to slam home. Reminded me of that one Henrique breakaway I think last year in OT I wanna say? Think he dropped it for John Moore to slam home. Might've been Palmieri though.

Anyway, yeah, what a game for him.

Here's the highlights.  The McLeod assist on the Cascagnette goal was also really nice.   

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/feb-2417-pbo-1-miss-10

FYI, the NHL Network is showing the Mississauga vs Sudbury game today at 2pm for anyone that wants to check out McLeod and Bastian.  

Edit: Game got cancelled because an ad that they painted on the ice earlier in the morning caused an issue with the ice.   What a clusterfvck

Edited by Lateralous

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Are Bastian and McLeod still on the same line?

I honestly haven't had a chance to watch a game in a while (thanks in part to the ice issue last Sunday) but I don't think so.  They rarely collect points on the same goal lately.  

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/gamecentre/22152/boxscore

Edited by Lateralous

37 points in last 21 games..100 point pace over 60 games. McLeod is at Kadri/Schenn production levels as an 18 year old. This is pretty impressive considering how raw his offensive game is. Maybe he does have Duchene potential in there. With 8 games remaining if he finishes on this recent pace he will finish with 78 points in 57 games.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac