2016-17 Prospects Thread

thefiestygoat

51 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

What kind of ceiling does Rykov have?  I've heard nothing but good things about him?

I'm not really sure honestly, maybe he could be a similar player to Nikita Zaitsev in Toronto though. Similar development paths so far.

Also with McLeod's speed, the sky's the limit with that kid. This run of production he is in has me really excited.

Edited by CommonDreads

2 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

I'm not really sure honestly, maybe he could be a similar player to Nikita Zaitsev in Toronto though. Similar development paths so far.

Also with McLeod's speed, the sky's the limit with that kid. This run of production he is in has me really excited.

0 points in 12 WJC games for Russia vs 10 points in 14 games

2 points in 39 games on a weak KHL team vs 9 points in 47 games on maybe the best KHL team in the last 20 years.

Yegor Rykov has much higher potential than Zaitsev at the same age. Closer to Orlov IMO.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

2 hours ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

0 points in 12 WJC games for Russia vs 10 points in 14 games

2 points in 39 games on a weak KHL team vs 9 points in 47 games on maybe the best KHL team in the last 20 years.

Yegor Rykov has much higher potential than Zaitsev at the same age. Closer to Orlov IMO.

Orlov is a great player so if Rykov turned into that for us, we'd all be really happy. 

Whenever I get down on the team lately I just come to this thread and remember to trust the process...

1 hour ago, Steven M. said:

Orlov is a great player so if Rykov turned into that for us, we'd all be really happy. 

Whenever I get down on the team lately I just come to this thread and remember to trust the process...

Agreed.  Shero knows what he's doing, and so far he's pressed the right buttons.  I know it's deemed as a "weak" draft, but having 11 picks is a great asset management by him.  And it's only considered "weak" because it's not that strong at the top.  I think there will still be good players, and think Suzuki can be a real sleeper pick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎17 at 7:20 AM, MadDog2020 said:

Nice! Drew a hooking call and scored a goal all at once.

• Like 1

It's been a good start to the OHL playoffs for our guys.  On Thursday night, Blake Speers had 1 G, 1 A and a +2 in a 5-2 win.  He was 2nd star of the game.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/march-2317-flnt-2-ssm-5

Last night, Mississauga won 6-2 over Ottawa.   Bastian was second star with 1 G, 2 A and a +3.  McLeod had the first goal of the game and added an assist on an empty netter at the end.  

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/mar-2417-gm1-ott-2-miss-6

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

College hockey tournament getting underway today. Joey Anderson and UMD play Ohio State at 6:30 on ESPNU, Alex Kerfoot and Harvard play Providence at 4:00 on ESPNU as well.

FYI... 

#njdevils prospect Joey Anderson assists on GWG in OT in UMD'S 3-2 win over OSU. #NCAAHockey

12 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

any rumblings about signing Kerfoot? I believe he becomes a free agent in August.

I read a tweet from Dreger a week or two ago and, in trying to find the exact quote, found this article which is just speculation about him possibly wanting to sign in Vancouver... No reason to "worry" yet - hopefully he signs at the end of the season like Wood/Santini last year. 

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/03/16/alexander-kerfoot-and-canucks/

13 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

any rumblings about signing Kerfoot? I believe he becomes a free agent in August.

Also just read this on All About the Jersey: 

"Speaking of draft picks, it’s becoming increasingly unknown as to whether Alex Kerfoot will sign with the Devils following the conclusion of his college career. He recently gave an interview to a Vancouver radio station, in which he described it as being a dream to play for the Canucks, but mentioning that his main priority is New Jersey." 

13 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

He can't sign until his season is over; so while Harvard is still playing he can't sign anywhere. Once his season is done the Devils are the only team that can sign him until Aug 15, I believe. 

On 3/25/2017 at 1:20 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

Also just read this on All About the Jersey: 

"Speaking of draft picks, it’s becoming increasingly unknown as to whether Alex Kerfoot will sign with the Devils following the conclusion of his college career. He recently gave an interview to a Vancouver radio station, in which he described it as being a dream to play for the Canucks, but mentioning that his main priority is New Jersey." 

If he goes to Vancouver, he becomes as big of a tool as Vesey and Hayes

Steelheads win game 4 of their series last night to go up 3-1 in their series.  Bastian had a hatty and McLeod had 1G and 1 A and yet all three stars of the game were 67's.  WTF?  

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/gamecentre/22324/boxscore

2-0 Ottawa so far tonight 

Edit: Ottawa ended up winning last night 5-3 to make the series 3-2 Miss.  McLeod and Bastian each had a goal.   The Steelheads outshot the 67's 54-19, so without having seen the game, it seems like it just came down to a hot goaltender.  

Edited by Lateralous