2016-17 Prospects Thread

thefiestygoat

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/gamecentre/22346/boxscore

I had the house to myself yesterday so I was able to buy the Missasauga vs Oshawa game.  The Steelheads closed out the Generals 3-1 (4-1 series) and move on to play Peterborough in the OHL semis.   Bastian had 1 G and 1 A.  Despite not getting on the scoresheet, I thought McLeod was probably the best player on the ice.  His linemates Watson and Ryan McLeod were good as well.  MM could have easily had a few points if not for the Gens backup goalie standing on his head.   If it translates to the NHL, I don't think we've had a guy who could so easily gain the zone on the rush or PP since Gomez 1.0.  

I was one of the people saying we should have taken Logan Brown at the time but McLeod really has me excited by the development he's shown this year.   One year out, it definitely looks like Shero and staff knew what they were doing at the draft.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 10:14 AM, Jerzey said:

When is Ryan McLeod's draft year and where does he project to go at this point? Does he play with Mikey? I hear his skating is on par with Mikey's.

I think he's a 2018.   Saturday he was on the top line with Spencer Watson and his brother and he seemed to keep up just fine.  He had a beautiful pass to Watson, where Watson got robbed by the goalie.  I've heard he has a better shot that MM but that's hard to tell when you're just streaming a game on an ipad.  I have no idea where he would be projected to go.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I don't think anyone here will complain if McLeod's ceiling is prime Gomez. That would be outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the skill set he's displayed this year. And it's absolutely something the Devils could use and good teams possess - a player that can enter the zone consistently and with speed and break a NZ defense. 

• Like 1

This is the skill set he's displayed this year. And it's absolutely something the Devils could use and good teams possess - a player that can enter the zone consistently and with speed and break a NZ defense. 

No question- it's imperative to have that element in today's game. If McLeod can help provide it, he'll be very valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2017 at 10:14 AM, Jerzey said:

When is Ryan McLeod's draft year and where does he project to go at this point? Does he play with Mikey? I hear his skating is on par with Mikey's.

I was bored on the plane today and bought the hockey news 2017 Future Watch issue.  They have Ryan McLeod ranked 10th for 2018

• Like 1

I can't believe the Senators swapped first round picks with us in 2016 and added a 3rd rounder that became Joey Anderson so that they could get Logan Brown. I would be bummed if I were a Sens fan! Great work by Shero/Castron. McLeod looks legit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mississauga dropped the first two games of their series with the Erie Otters.   McLeod was held pointless in those games but scored the winning goal last night and was 1st star.  Bastian scored the tieing goal in the third period as the Steelheads won 4-3 to make the series 2-1 Erie.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/trout-send-pucks-to-the-net-come-out-on-top-in-game-3