GDT preseason 10/5 vs Islanders

Satans Hockey

2 other people in my section right now lol 

Also noticed today that Joes crab shack was closed. 

Also maybe the Devils den haven't received any shipments yet because there are no larges in the majority of the player t shirts. I did grab a Hall though.

They had some players on the concourse meeting fans. Saw Kinkaid, Smith-Pellly and Moore. Said hello to Lindback cause he had no line and wished him good luck this season. 

Hall in the lineup and Cory in net.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Top notch job by security lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they apparently took it away from him but after the goal he had what looked like a poster rolled up and yelled through that and the crowd did it just as loud. And it's still done in the goal song as usual lol

• Like 1

Well they apparently took it away from him but after the goal he had what looked like a poster rolled up and yelled through that and the crowd did it just as loud. And it's still done in the goal song as usual lol

Lmao...too funny! Maybe he reads these boards and had a backup plan.

Sent from my TAB2 using TapaTalk

Lmfao. Dude is persistent, I'll give him that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Some may ask, what is Zacha's and Lappins total corsi over the preseason?

+25 for Zacha and Lappin. These two have pretty good chemistry together and I think they both stick.

I think both have looked great tonight so far. Lappin had one shot which he should have buried for a goal. 

Just now, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Who was better between Lappin and Speers?

Definitely Lappin to me. I thought he was way more involved in the plays offensively and defensively to me. He had a really nice scoring  chance that I thought he should have scored on and he had a great diving play to knock a puck out of the defensive zone. 

Personally just didn't notice Speers as much

devils started off pretty well tonight but shades of last year with too much overpassing and not enough shooting.

greene had a pretty tough night with a couple of bad turnovers. furthermore he continues to convince me beyond a shadow of a doubt that he should not be on the PP.

i thought lappin was just ok - boucher-blandisi-lappin didn't do much for me at all - blandisi, outside of one nifty pass beyond the net in the 3rd did not have a good game.

zacha was the one guy tonight that tried to force shots or hold the puck to make a play when a pass was the right play.

hall, who had several shifts where he kinda look uninterested, was still amazing and is just so skilled.

bennett, after a couple good games, was pretty invisible tonight.

cammalleri-zajac-palmieri was a disappointment tonight - just one of those games where none of them had anything. i'm not really worried about it and i think it's a line that will stick.

i thought wood was by far the best player for the devils tonight - he is really making it difficult not only to stick for opening night, but actually be in the lineup. i would like to see them roll w/ a 3rd line of wood-zacha-dsp and see what that can do.

as for the isles (if anyone cares), ho-sang was far and away their best player tonight.

Kind of amazing the score stayed so close all night, given that the Devils had almost a ful period's worth of penalty minutes.

On the seemingly rare occasion that they were even strength, I thought they didn't look too bad overall. (More or less agree with all Sundstrom's observations above.) Nice to see some good speed on our team after several seasons of ... well ... not very good speed.

15 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

3-2 final. Way too many penalties. I really hope they get this sorted out before the regular season. Hard to get the offense going when they are killing penalties all night. 

Sounds like Hynes really giving it to them today. A lot of conditioning and drills related to the onslaught of penalties last night.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sundstrom said:

devils started off pretty well tonight but shades of last year with too much overpassing and not enough shooting.

greene had a pretty tough night with a couple of bad turnovers. furthermore he continues to convince me beyond a shadow of a doubt that he should not be on the PP.

i thought lappin was just ok - boucher-blandisi-lappin didn't do much for me at all - blandisi, outside of one nifty pass beyond the net in the 3rd did not have a good game.

zacha was the one guy tonight that tried to force shots or hold the puck to make a play when a pass was the right play.

hall, who had several shifts where he kinda look uninterested, was still amazing and is just so skilled.

bennett, after a couple good games, was pretty invisible tonight.

cammalleri-zajac-palmieri was a disappointment tonight - just one of those games where none of them had anything. i'm not really worried about it and i think it's a line that will stick.

i thought wood was by far the best player for the devils tonight - he is really making it difficult not only to stick for opening night, but actually be in the lineup. i would like to see them roll w/ a 3rd line of wood-zacha-dsp and see what that can do.

as for the isles (if anyone cares), ho-sang was far and away their best player tonight.

Any thoughts on Auvitu? Per the box he led the team in SOG (4) and saw the 2nd most TOI on the PP among the defensemen (Greene, on the other hand, had 0 SOG despite more than 3.5 minutes of PP time)...