Devils Claim P.A. Parenteau

Derlique

interesting pickup - he's great in shootouts so that's a plus. i think this means wood goes to ahl or speers back to juniors.

hall-henrique-dsp

cammalleri-zajac-palmieri

parenteau-zacha-bennett

kalinin-fiddler-josefson

boucher wood/speers

greene-severson

moore-lovejoy

auvitu-quincey

helgeson (this could be santini if quincey isn't ready thursday in which case helgeson goes down and quincey is the scratch

schneider

kinkaid

• Like 1

When I saw his name on the list of waivers I was intrigued so I did a bit of research and thought he might be a good fit. 

I seem to remember there was talk a long time back of the Devils being interested when he was a FA. But that was pre Shero. 

44 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

I like the move. Stempniak 2.0, sorta? I'd bump DSP off the 1st line for him.

Hall-Henrique-Parenteau

Cammalleri-Zajac-Palmieri

Boucher-Zacha-Bennett

Josefson-Fiddler/Kalinin-DSP

maybe but parenteau's knock is that he is not a good skater - i don't know if you want him with 9-14.

1.25 million for a capable top 6 er. At worst it adds some depth when injuries pop up, there's no reason not to like this.

I do feel bad for DSP as he'll probably be bumped down to the 4th now just when he was thinking this would be his chance with legit linemates.

44 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I'm still as confused as Isles fans yesterday as to why he was on waivers in the first place.

Right? It doesn't really make a lot of sense. 20-21-41 were the actual points. I mean, in this NHL, scoring 20 and assisting on 21 and you get waived??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Right? It doesn't really make a lot of sense. 20-21-41 were the actual points. I mean, in this NHL, scoring 20 and assisting on 21 and you get waived??

Especially considering that he just got signed in July, right? Maybe a bad camp. Either way, well worth the risk. 

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Especially considering that he just got signed in July, right? Maybe a bad camp. Either way, well worth the risk. 

Almost has you wondering if someone knows something that we don't.  No complaints though...if Shero had just signed him as a UFA to that money, we'd all be happy with it.  Worth the gamble.  Guy actually had a three-season stretch where he played in 209 games and put up 163 points...it was a while ago though.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1