GDT: Game 2 - Devils @ Lightning 7PM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LGD! Lines for tonight: Hall - Zajac - Parenteau Cammalleri - Henrique - Palmieri Bennett - Zacha - DSP Wood - Fiddler - Speers Defense stays the same, Schneider between the p

Off to a better start already, Deb has makeup and decent clothes and glasses on, doesn't look like that season opener Miami bag lady look.

All things considered, not a bad game. Hung tight with a team that's in my opinion the 2nd best in the conference and we could have easily won this game if we got a break or two. That's hockey. Move o

Not like we haven't seen Devils teams that don't finish.  

Not really that disappointing unless you thought the Devils were going to fly out of the gate.  Does suck losing after a 2-0 lead, but this team clearly has weaknesses.  

Two out of the next three at home, hopefully they pick up some points (and get some puck luck).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

So frustrating to watch them do everything BUT score at the end of the game there. Hoping for a clean slate at home and a few points next week. Wasn't expecting a win tonight but after watching such a fast start, it stings seeing it piss away. Ah well. On to the next...

• Like 2

Some tough breaks there, but a lot to like about this game - the continued impressive offensive play of Auvitu, some good things from Parenteau, Speers getting more time late.  I think we'll see Wood sent down when Kalinin returns, which should be after this game.  The finishers are there and when they get 34 shots they're usually going to score more than 2.

Was interesting that Hall and Henrique were broken up pretty early there, they really haven't shown a ton together.

I still cannot for the life of me understand why the referee blew the whistle when the Devils cleared the puck on the PK when there may have been a goal.  It was not called a goal, and the play had no reason to stop.  Why did it?  Terrible officiating job.  I can understand missed calls but missed procedure really upsets me. 

• Like 1

I hate the offside rule. 

Zajac looks really big and strong out there.

Auvitu looks great and is better in the d-zone than I thought he would be. I can't see him coming out of the lineup when Merrill is healthy. 

Parenteau is a bit better all-around than I thought he was going to be. Still... don't need to see him on the first line of every power play or on the top line. I would like to see Hall and Palmieri together.

I don't know if Palmieri is using a longer stick this year, but he's poke checking guys all over the place.

Taylor Hall is awesome. Cory is awesome.

On the minus side -- Severson still looks indecisive with the puck to me. Beau Bennett seems like a cool guy off the ice, but he doesn't seem to add a whole lot out there yet.

20 minutes ago, devils102 said:

Auvitu looks great and is better in the d-zone than I thought he would be. I can't see him coming out of the lineup when Merrill is healthy. 

See if we can trick St. Louis into a Merrill plus Blandisi or Boucher for Shattenkirk. 

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

emoji23.png

Why not? Maybe we can get Armstrong to throw in Tarasenko too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't do that because we don't have Steven Gionta to sweeten the deal. Obviously. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Triumph said:

I still cannot for the life of me understand why the referee blew the whistle when the Devils cleared the puck on the PK when there may have been a goal.  It was not called a goal, and the play had no reason to stop.  Why did it?  Terrible officiating job.  I can understand missed calls but missed procedure really upsets me. 

thanks tri thats a new protocol for me

we see close calls go back up ice for goals all the time

Edited by lazer

So much better than florida and the D was improved.  very even game over all. we traded the first two periods and dueled it out in the third.  our breakout were finally nhl quality.  lots of chances and opportunities for us offensively.. in the finally analysis, if cammy, hall, palms (I know he tipped one in) don't bury wristers in a game, its going to be hard to win.  cory is so sound.  PA was very involved!