2016-2017 Lineup Thread

sundstrom

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Makes me wonder what the procedure actually was to where he is back on the ice this quickly.

It's quite possible that a small piece had torn up say on the side. the procedure for a small tear like that is to just remove it if it is small enough or too damaged to be put back in place. I'd say there is a decent chance that it was a very small tear that required a small amount of the meniscus to be removed.

Wonder if Q plays tomorrow night, wouldn't be against a lineup of

Hall - Zajac - Cammalleri

Wood - Henrique - Palmieri

Quenneville - Zacha - Parenteau

Kalinin - Fiddler - Lappin

EDIT: Although Quenneville's recall might indicate that Hall won't be ready to go tomorrow, activating him off of IR would put us over the roster limit I believe

Edited by CommonDreads

21 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Wonder if Q plays tomorrow night, wouldn't be against a lineup of

Hall - Zajac - Cammalleri

Wood - Henrique - Palmieri

Quenneville - Zacha - Parenteau

Kalinin - Fiddler - Lappin

EDIT: Although Quenneville's recall might indicate that Hall won't be ready to go tomorrow, activating him off of IR would put us over the roster limit I believe

You're correct. 

41 minutes ago, Triumph said:

They could stick Auvitu on to IR for that if they wanted to.  Or come up with a fake injury for Boucher.  I'm really not sure what's going on with this roster - I don't see why they'd call Quenneville up for one game.

May not be for 1 game if he plays well. 

My my view is the team's top guys haven't been working hard enough this year. The guys the Devils have been calling up are all workers, who skate and dig for pucks. It's getting long enough in the season for some guys they may need a "rest" game to think about why they aren't working harder. 

4 hours ago, Devils731 said:

May not be for 1 game if he plays well. 

My my view is the team's top guys haven't been working hard enough this year. The guys the Devils have been calling up are all workers, who skate and dig for pucks. It's getting long enough in the season for some guys they may need a "rest" game to think about why they aren't working harder. 

Right, but what I'm saying is, the Devils have 23 on their roster now plus Taylor Hall wants to come back tomorrow.  The only players they can send down without waivers are Wood, Quenneville, Lappin and Zacha.  Even if Hall doesn't play tomorrow, he will almost certainly play on Saturday, so who is coming off the roster at that point?  If they wanted to add Hall and keep the 4 waiver-ineligible guys up without putting someone else on IR, they would've had to put someone on waivers today.

Edited by Triumph

It's never going to happen with Josefson. Now granted there have been guys of his ilk that found some semblance of a scoring touch in their mid 20's but I've almost lost all faith in him. It's clear he has ability, we see it in shootouts and some rare flashes. He just can't make plays or score on NHL goalies during the course of a game enough to take a regular NHL shift. Plus he's brittle.

Horrible pick with Marcus Johansson still on the board. Also Robbie Ftorek was coaching Ryan O'Reilly in Erie. Wish he would've looked into that a bit harder. O'Reilly went early in the 2nd round so he would've been a bit of a reach. But a guy the old Lou would've found and nabbed.

Boucher on waivers to make room for Hall's activation: 

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord  6m

Reid Boucher, 23, has played 82 NHL games. Waiver exemption for a player at age 23 is 60 NHL games. But Devils have not confirmed move yet.

#Devils confirm LW Reid Boucher on waivers and LW Taylor Hall activated off IR

Edited by LittleBallofHate