2016-2017 Lineup Thread

sundstrom

physicality DOESNT MEAN FIGHTING.. it means putting guys on their butts or faces into the boards.. Ottawa was taking runs at our d-men coming over our own blueline.  they were looking for take-out checks...  theres something to making the other team uncomfortable and cautious .. we need a few big D men who can lay some wood

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, titans04 said:

just shuffling around some mediocre players for others.  Doesn't help that Zacha hasn't done much of anything to separate himself, rather underwhelming so far for a 6th pick.  Yes its very early on no doubt but I was hoping for more.

I remember people being very harsh on Larsson during his first few seasons. I'm willing to give Zacha some time to develop. He's shown some moments and he doesn't have the best cast to work with just yet. I know there's no room for him, but Elias would be great to have in the room for these young guy to learn from by example. I liked the way he carried him self. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Zacha is 19 years old playing his first pro season. People need to chill.

I think people are being caught up in the recent success of all the rookies above him, this class has been a bit amazing!  we might need to revisit the "tanking" argument!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

I think people are being caught up in the recent success of all the rookies above him, this class has been a bit amazing!  we might need to revisit the "tanking" argument!!!

This, minus any talk of tanking.  Like I said it's very early on but he hasn't shown a whole lot either.  

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Zacha is 19 years old playing his first pro season. People need to chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said he hasn't done anything to distinguish himself. He's right. Kevin Fiala made all Devils look like dumb. Face it we're an easy team to play against. They come into our building knowing there's 2 pts there for the taking.

Damn, this team pisses me off

• Like 2

He said he hasn't done anything to distinguish himself. He's right. Kevin Fiala made all Devils look like dumb. Face it we're an easy team to play against. They come into our building knowing there's 2 pts there for the taking.
Damn, this team pisses me off

Can't disagree. Entirely too easy to play against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

If we could do it all over again, would you still take Zacha or Provorov?  At this point I am not sure.

Edit: I will say in that draft I was praying that somehow we would get lucky and Marner would fall to us.  Just wasn't meant to be on that front.

Edited by DevsMan84

23 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

I think people are be caught up in the recent success of all the rookies above him, this class has been a bit amazing!  we might need to revisit the "tanking" argument!!

Can you explain your version of the " tanking argument" ? Are You suggesting losing games on purpose to gain a better position in the draft? We are doing that naturally every game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'm alright with the Gazdic move, but Helgeson brought some actual defensive zone aggression.

Agreed. Should have kept Helgeson up. Although tbf I didn't see the game against the Pens last night. 

Edited by Nicomo