2016-2017 Lineup Thread

sundstrom

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The team's flight to Edmonton yesterday was delayed five hours: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/when-your-charter-flight-gives-you-lemons/c-285558842

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice article, but one huge gaff  ...it insinuated we are a good hockey club. Lol. 

But seriously, that must have been such a pain in the ass. Good for them making the best of it. Maybe it'll translate to a win tomorrow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So is the scoring, and the goaltending...

They don't do anything well unfortunately. 

At least Cory is starting to come around.  But all that will lead to is the Devils being less bad, as opposed to flirting with good. 

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looks like Greene will be back tomorrow: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/defenseman-andy-greene-eyes-return-to-lineup/c-286371970

fvck yeah.  If Cory continues to play well, things could be on the up and up.  I hope they don't fvck with the lines much, especially that Noesen-JJ-Zacha line.  Would also keep Palms Henrique and Hall up top.  Might make the 2nd line suffer in terms of pure and/or "star" talent, but Cammy-Zajac-PAP isn't bad at all.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looks like Greene will be back tomorrow: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/defenseman-andy-greene-eyes-return-to-lineup/c-286371970

Merrill on IR as well.

Does anyone know the exact nature of Greene's injury anyways?  I heard it was a bad bruise/swelling or possible small fracture in his thumb.

5 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

fvck yeah.  If Cory continues to play well, things could be on the up and up.  I hope they don't fvck with the lines much, especially that Noesen-JJ-Zacha line.  Would also keep Palms Henrique and Hall up top.  Might make the 2nd line suffer in terms of pure and/or "star" talent, but Cammy-Zajac-PAP isn't bad at all.

as long as Greene picks right back up this obviously fills a hole. lets hope everyone can manage to stay healthy now and hopefully we can go on a tear this month and stack up some W's

15 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Merrill on IR as well.

Does anyone know the exact nature of Greene's injury anyways?  I heard it was a bad bruise/swelling or possible small fracture in his thumb.

fvck, is he really?  Not gonna say this is a wash, but with the way Merrill was playing lately, it feels like one.   So it's a damn good thing Greene is back tonight, and we better hope he does pick up right away and plays well, otherwise we're kinda fvcked.

This has me excited. I loved watching him play last year. Seemed to bring a ton of energy and some raw skill to the team. Who can forget that tweener top tits goal against Philly last year?

He needs to cut the sh!t with the diving though. I don't wanna see any of that garbage anymore. I hope he's learned.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Merrill on IR as well.

That sucks about Merrill.  He really stepped up in Greene's absence, and seemed to have finally turned a corner.  Hopefully this is just a minor injury and he will be back in a few games.  However, he gets injured too often.

How the fvck does Pareanteau get 4th line minutes?  Just doesn't seem commensurate with his playing level, at least the results he's delivered this year.  Also seems borderline disrespectful, but perhaps unfair is a better word.  Either way, if I were him, I'd be confused and kinda pissed.   He's been one of our better forwards for most of the year, and deserves more playing time than the 4th line, and deserves a better Center than Kalinin.

13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

How the fvck does Pareanteau get 4th line minutes?  Just doesn't seem commensurate with his playing level, at least the results he's delivered this year.  Also seems borderline disrespectful, but perhaps unfair is a better word.  Either way, if I were him, I'd be confused and kinda pissed.   He's been one of our better forwards for most of the year, and deserves more playing time than the 4th line, and deserves a better Center than Kalinin.

This is an understatement. He's second on the team in goals, with more than Taylor Hall!!

Despite that he's a minus 10, but he's not alone in that category this season. He definitely deserves a better spot. But, they want to leave that 3rd line the way it is right now. So where do you put him? Only one you could switch him with is Miles Wood, but I don't think he benefits from 4th line minutes either. 

With regard to deserving a better center than Kalinin, that guy should be in the AHL, he's horrible. Another big body forward who plays like he's 5'4" most of the time. And not a speedy, goal scoring 5'4". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This is an understatement. He's second on the team in goals, with more than Taylor Hall!!

Despite that he's a minus 10, but he's not alone in that category this season. He definitely deserves a better spot. But, they want to leave that 3rd line the way it is right now. So where do you put him? Only one you could switch him with is Miles Wood, but I don't think he benefits from 4th line minutes either. 

With regard to deserving a better center than Kalinin, that guy should be in the AHL, he's horrible. Another big body forward who plays like he's 5'4" most of the time. And not a speedy, goal scoring 5'4". 

Well Thought  Out reply. Agree leave the 3rd line alone until. ... 

• 2 weeks later...