2016-2017 Lineup Thread

sundstrom

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

probably to give Blandisi more time

not like Kalinin was lighting it up either...

Any chance in hell any playoff team will want DSP for 4th line minutes in exchange for a 5-7 pick?

As much as I hate DSP, I think we gotta keep him for the rest of the year since he's under contract for next season and we need expansion draft fodder.

3 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

As much as I hate DSP, I think we gotta keep him for the rest of the year since he's under contract for next season and we need expansion draft fodder.

Maybe with the right moves we can force Vegas into taking Can he? Whoops, meant Cammy.

Edited by Jerzey

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

It's  an interesting move, Hynes claims it's for roster flexibility - with Zacha eligible to go to IR plus Quincey a likely goner from the roster (not to mention Parenteau), what could Shero have planned that involves this much roster flexibility?

Taking on a lot of bad contracts?

2 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

Not surprised, how long will he milk this injury?

I had so many answers to this. Decided to type them all:

1) Or has he been the opposite of milking it the entire year, explaining his play?

2) Hopefully for the duration of his contract.

3) Who cares?

4) Is this a reference to how he "milked" his daughter's illness, as discussed previously in this or another thread? If so, that statement remains idiotic. 

5) Has he played hard enough to injure anything? 

3 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

Not surprised, how long will he milk this injury?

I know you are referring to your statement about him "milking" his time off due to his young daughter's surgery and that is completely classless and tasteless and you have zero proof of it other than saying you have "sources."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I know you are referring to your statement about him "milking" his time off due to his young daughter's surgery and that is completely classless and tasteless and you have zero proof of it other than saying you have "sources."

Word. 

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/a-devils-sign-macdonald-to-two-year-ahl-contract/22369/

A-Devils sign MacDonald to two-year AHL contract

By Pete Dougherty, Staff writer on March 6, 2017 at 8:29 PM
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Albany Devils have signed defenseman Jacob MacDonald to a two-year American Hockey League contract, beginning this season.

MacDonald, 24, signed a professional tryout contract Jan. 5 with Albany and has played 19 games, putting up 11 points on four goals and seven assists.

Prior to turning pro, MacDonald spent four seasons at Cornell.

16 hours ago, jagknife said:

Apparently we traded Gormley to the Sens today for future considerations

To the individuals here more informed than I, why is this trade allowed after the trade deadline?

Is it categorized as an AHL move?

Edit: Apparently the trade deadline only applies to playoff eligibility.  A trade freeze isn't put into effect.  TIL.

Edited by Devilsfan118