2016-2017 Lineup Thread

sundstrom

11 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

What are peoples thoughts on bringing up Quennville for some NHL experience vs letting him ride out the season/playoffs in the AHL? Also, any guys eligible that we should send down for the AHL playoffs (Zacha/santini)? 

My position is, if it doesn't adversely affect the contract situation, bring them up. In terms of sending people down for the playoffs, I'm not a huge fan of that.  At least not for guys who have been in the NHL all year. 

Edited by mfitz804

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My position is, if it doesn't adversely affect the contract situation, bring them up. In terms of sending people down for the playoffs, I'm not a huge fan of that.  At least not for guys who have been in the NHL all year. 

I'm actually more of a "Let the kids like Quenneville stay down" guy...especially with the current state of the big team.  I also don't mind some young NHL guys getting some extra games down in the A, with a little something to play for.  But I can't honestly say that I feel very strongly about any of this either way. 

This is excellent news. You have a defensmen who has led his team in scoring the last two years and the other led his team in scoring by over 20 points as a winger. To make things better, his center McNicholas was second on team in scoring. the two previous seasons he put up 13 points in 44 games his previous two seasons. Both would most likely be instant offensive leaders in the AHL IMO.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

39 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Numbers look good, but seems way too small.

I don't really see that as a problem in the post-lockout NHL. David Desharnais put up 60 points one year for the Habs and he's the same height. Kelleher could stand to put on a little weight though. 

• Like 2

Interesting news. Kelleher and Bayreuther were two of the prospects I was hoping the Devils would have interest in this spring.

I'm a fan of signing Kelleher. Everyone's going to talk about his size, understandably, but being able to add a playmaking prospect that has produced at the NCAA level (1.09 Pts/GP) since being a natural freshman is awesome. I've been hoping the Devils would be able to sign him eventually since he attended the 2015 prospect camp. Doesn't turn 23 until next January so it's not like he's one of the older UDFA's, especially for a guy that played 4 years. Still a longshot to make it, but at least there is some potential there.

Here's some of what SBN College Hockey had to say on Kelleher recently as one of the top UDFA's out of the NCAA:

When focusing on Kelleher, it doesn't take long to realize what his game is all about. He has a quick stick and is relatively shifty, but he doesn't have elite NHL speed. He's undersized as well. He makes up for that with elite hockey sense. He knows where to be in the offensive zone at all times. He's always one step ahead of the defensemen at this level. He finds seams and he knows where he's going with the puck before he gets it on his stick.

His size is less the reason he's behind Vecchione and Aston-Reese than his play in his own zone. He's struggled for whatever reasons to engage and be a purposeful player when defending.

Strengths: Elite hockey sense, quick stick, makes linemates better

Weaknesses: Lack of size, NHL speed, defensive zone responsibility

Bayreuther is a guy I've kept tabs on this season since I found him to be one of the more interesting invites to last summer's prospect camp. Offensive producer from the back end (0.78 Pts/GP in his NCAA career) and Last Word on Sports ranked him as one of the top UDFA's last spring with this to say:

He has an outstanding slap shot, with excellent power and accuracy.  He shows the ability to be a power play quarterback with solid puckhandling skill, good vision, and strong passing ability.  He is a very good skater showing good speed and the agility to walk the line and open up shooting and passing lanes.  Bayreuther could use some extra upper body strength as he can be manhandled along the boards and in front of the net in his own end of the ice.

Honestly don't know much about his defensive ability, but it seems like there may be a player there. With how thin the Devils are as an organization, why not take a chance? I hope they can get a deal done.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

No he actually got hurt a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my bad. I thought I heard Daneyko saying how tough it must be for him to watch the games from the press box and I guess I misheard him say he was healthy.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

No he actually got hurt a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go figure, the guy is made out of glass. If we can move him and continue on I say we do it this summer even if we have to retain a little bit of salary, its not like we don't have the space

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Has Cammy been a healthy scratch all these games? Gotta think he's traded this summer.

AG revealed today Cammy has a shoulder injury - he's missed 10 games already... 

"Cammalleri acknowledged he suffered a shoulder injury. Josefson, without specifying his injury, said it was not a concussion."

45 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

AG revealed today Cammy has a shoulder injury - he's missed 10 games already... 

"Cammalleri acknowledged he suffered a shoulder injury. Josefson, without specifying his injury, said it was not a concussion."

Funny, I thought it was just suckitis.