GDT Home Open Jamboree - Ducks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+/WFAN

thelastonealive

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Josefson is a solid power-play guy, and Zajac has looked strong this year and is clearly our best face off guy. Do you have any other reason other than "lul Zajak sux"? 

Yeah having two offensive black holes on a power play doesn't seem like the best idea unless you're trying to safely run out time. 

10 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Good win. Couldn't believe it when I saw both Zajac and Josefson on the power play at the same time. How do you expect to score like that? Must have been towards the end of the power play or period. Or both.

They spent a ton of time together on the power play last year and the Devils actually scored a bunch of goals with them on the ice.

I think the team has improved each game so far and is starting to find its feet. Also...

1. After looking out of sorts in pre-season Schneider has carried on where he left off from last season.

2. Auvitu looks a real find. He seems to be on the ice all the time. Doesn't scare the crap out of me when he's on the puck in the defensive zone unlike Schlemko.

3. Both Zacha & Fiddler have looked really good. Think that we'll see more from Zacha in the O zone as the season goes on. Fiddler definitely a step up from Gionta.

4. Hall is exciting to watch isn't he? 

Where to begin - well, they gave Auvitu the third star and while that doesn't sound right given how Schneider played, he is quite a good player coming forward 5 on 5.  Exactly the kind of defenseman this team needs.  I just hope he can hold up for the whole season - he may need some nights off as he's adjusting.  But this isn't Anssi Salmela - this guy seems legit.

Zacha had an excellent night as well, creating havoc down low for the Ducks defense.  

Cammalleri-Henrique-Palmieri is a bit of an adventure given that it's basically 3 wingers together.  

Oh yeah and Taylor Hall is pretty good.

Also man is Anaheim poorly coached and disciplined.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Where to begin - well, they gave Auvitu the third star and while that doesn't sound right given how Schneider played, he is quite a good player coming forward 5 on 5.  Exactly the kind of defenseman this team needs.  I just hope he can hold up for the whole season - he may need some nights off as he's adjusting.  But this isn't Anssi Salmela - this guy seems legit.

Zacha had an excellent night as well, creating havoc down low for the Ducks defense.  

Cammalleri-Henrique-Palmieri is a bit of an adventure given that it's basically 3 wingers together.  

Oh yeah and Taylor Hall is pretty good.

Also man is Anaheim poorly coached and disciplined.

This was just about everything I wanted to say. I couldn't believe Cammy had 5 SOG tonight - there was a lot I disliked about his game tonight. Henrique too. Just too much passing for him. 

Still not seeing a whole lot from Bennett again. 

I was again concerned about Greene in the d-zone again tonight. He didn't seem like he could get a good clear or an outlet pass at all. 

The Ducks kinda stunk tonight and sort of just threw their sticks out there. What Hynes was wishing for - playing hard on the puck - I didn't see much of that tonight. 

I hate to sound negative but every positive I saw (Cory, Hall, Zacha, Fiddler, Auvitu) has been discussed. 

56 minutes ago, Triumph said:

This can't be right.  And I looked it up and it isn't, the Devils won their home opener against the Islanders in 2008-09.

54 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

We also won the home opener in the shortened 12-13 season against philly.

Thanks guys, I didn't think it was right but couldn't remember. 

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I didn't even realize it was that bad till you brought it up...3-5-2 in ten home openers at the Rock including tonight.

Definitely understand why I didn't remember now lol I remember losing the very first game against Ottawa and losing last year but clearly not a lot to remember. 

Great to have an awesome home opener with the new star scoring 2 goals to forget about the rest of those games. Shame he couldn't have gotten the hat trick.

18 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Great to have an awesome home opener with the new star scoring 2 goals to forget about the rest of those games. Shame he couldn't have gotten the hat trick.

He was so close! The entire stadium was yelling for him to get it. If he did..... the rock would have been shaken! Awesome game. Hopefully more to come!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ralliart90 said:

He was so close! The entire stadium was yelling for him to get it. If he did..... the rock would have been shaken! Awesome game. Hopefully more to come!

Agreed, the place was dying to see it. 

Honestly my only real complaint tonight was the pre-show. This technology can be amazing and they did actually less with it this year, barely any depth to the visuals compared to last year. I just don't follow the thinking there. 

Edited by Satans Hockey