Devils to reveal 'One Jersey' initiative

MadDog2020

Hugh Weber discusses how the team is going to try and connect more with the community, as well as the possibility of a third jersey down the road: http://fireandice.northjersey.com/mobile/fire-ice-1.174987/devils-to-unveil-one-jersey-initiative-team-prudential-center-president-weber-explains-what-it-is-1.1678697

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh to a 3rd jersey.  

I do like that they are talking more to the Red Bulls though because my season tickets for them barely coat me anything and their customer service blows away the Devils. 

Also they shouldn't be having home games at the same time if possible, I usually have to choose between the two once or twice in a calender year. I know this doesn't affect a huge amount of people but there is still crossover of people liking both teams. 

Feels like more and more changes will be coming through the years.  I'm not against change for the sake of being against change, and I like that these guys are trying to put more thought into every aspect of the franchise, but as far as jerseys go, that's one where they're really going to have to tread carefully.  For every good idea/positive evolution, there's a Fishsticks and Buffa-slug disaster.  If the designers go with some kind of actual Devil on the jersey, it's going to be very tough to find one that everyone will like.   

I'm not dead-set against a new third jersey, but my thinking is the same as the above...it better not be something that has us all saying "Bleech!" 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ugh to a 3rd jersey.  

I do like that they are talking more to the Red Bulls though because my season tickets for them barely coat me anything and their customer service blows away the Devils. 

Also they shouldn't be having home games at the same time if possible, I usually have to choose between the two once or twice in a calender year. I know this doesn't affect a huge amount of people but there is still crossover of people liking both teams. 

Definitely affects me, I'm always in the same boat haha.. Especially because Red Bulls are perennial playoff contenders so they're always extending right into at least mid-November each season. Excited for the coming playoffs. I didn't say this last year, even though many people were, but I will say it this year, this feels like our year. The team is so balanced and our bench is so unbelievably strong; they'd all be starters on other teams.

“There’s 4.8 million in North Jersey, eight million in the entire state and the state is almost immediately dividing itself: north-south, Jets-Giants,” Weber said. “This is really more about representing everything we love about the communities we represent, what is different about our community, the 500-plus small towns that make up this community.”

Good boy, Hugh:)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Definitely affects me, I'm always in the same boat haha.. Especially because Red Bulls are perennial playoff contenders so they're always extending right into at least mid-November each season. Excited for the coming playoffs. I didn't say this last year, even though many people were, but I will say it this year, this feels like our year. The team is so balanced and our bench is so unbelievably strong; they'd all be starters on other teams.

Its usually an easy choice, I'll skip preseason or early regular season Devils games to go to Red Bulls late season / playoff games and if the Devils actually make the playoffs I'll skip early season Red Bulls games for late season / playoff Devils games. At least it works out well in that way. 

And honestly the playoffs are such a crap shoot who knows. I'm just glad Chicago, Columbus and Orlando are out so it makes getting to the away playoff games easier with the rest of the teams left. 

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

“There’s 4.8 million in North Jersey, eight million in the entire state and the state is almost immediately dividing itself: north-south, Jets-Giants,” Weber said. “This is really more about representing everything we love about the communities we represent, what is different about our community, the 500-plus small towns that make up this community.”

Good boy, Hugh:)

Oh look at that, someone from out of town is on your side.

This initiative is an Ok idea, I've been saying that this team needs to connect better with the state in this way for a long time. However, working with New York teams isn't going to help distinguish our team from the New York market. The Red Bulls, Jets, and Giants are carpetbagging New York teams that don't belong in the same sentence with the Devils.

No third jerseys. Period. And I have somehow become the minority. What happened to respecting our team's traditions? It really is disappointing.

It has nothing to do with "disrespecting traditions".  It's ok to have an open mind about a possible jersey change or a third jersey.  I'd like to at least see what the designers might come up with, instead of just dismissing the idea altogether.  

5 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Yeah I'm fine with an alternate 3rd jersey but our regular jerseys have to stay the same. 

Quite honestly, I have collected a lot of jerseys over the years. It'd be nice to get one that's a little different to normal people, not just jersey collectors (THIS one is a CCM, this one is Koho...the difference is so obvious!!).

1 hour ago, thecoffeecake said:

Oh look at that, someone from out of town is on your side.

This initiative is an Ok idea, I've been saying that this team needs to connect better with the state in this way for a long time. However, working with New York teams isn't going to help distinguish our team from the New York market. The Red Bulls, Jets, and Giants are carpetbagging New York teams that don't belong in the same sentence with the Devils.

No third jerseys. Period. And I have somehow become the minority. What happened to respecting our team's traditions? It really is disappointing.

Only you would not take my post as tongue and cheek.

I'll remember this next time you accuse me of having a stick up my ass though your second paragraph already sort of confirms that you do.

Edited by DevsMan84

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It has nothing to do with "disrespecting traditions".  It's ok to have an open mind about a possible jersey change or a third jersey.  I'd like to at least see what the designers might come up with, instead of just dismissing the idea altogether.  

We have 4 jerseys we can use, there's no need for any new designs. We're not just going to "see what the designers come up with". We're going to see when they unveil a 3rd jersey. I see our jerseys and logo as sacred.

I bet it's going to end up being something similar to what they did in Philly, where they tweeked the traditional logo and put wording around it. If we absolutely needed to have a third jersey and it was non-negotiable, it better be done right and not some cartoony gimmick. There's a reason teams time and time again teams go back to their traditional look. I'd hope it will be heavily New Jersey themed, with the state outline or a buff and Jersey blue thing or something. It's probably inevitable at this point.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm cool with a third jersey as long as they DON'T TOUCH our primary jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They introduced a new chant after the goal song.

"We are" followed by "Jersey".

Not sure whose bright idea it was to introduce a Penn State chant into the arena but, needless to say, I hate it.

Edit: Yeah I goofed sorry, I should've posted "after the national anthem".  Not after the goal song.

Edited by Devilsfan118

16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

They introduced a new chant after the goal song.

"We are" followed by "Jersey".

Not sure whose bright idea it was to introduce a Penn State chant into the arena but, needless to say, I hate it.

As a Devils fan, I would never want to try to force in a chant popular in another sports setting into our arena. It's embarrassingly bush-league. As a person, I find the Penn State brand deplorable. As a Temple alum, fvck Penn State.

Yea, I'm with you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

As a Devils fan, I would never want to try to force in a chant popular in another sports setting into our arena. It's embarrassingly bush-league. As a person, I find the Penn State brand deplorable. As a Temple alum, fvck Penn State.

Yea, I'm with you.

At least it's better than swiping one from another team in the same sport, that Woo Woo Woo nonsense I associate with the Isles (and wrestling) but we do it too.