Can we just appreciate how dynamic and just good Hall is

roomtemp

24 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The Devils had 26.2 shots per 60 minutes at even strength that year.  So far this year they're at 30.3.  They're also playing a different offensive system.

And even with the eye test, we've had some really dangerous opportunities in each game. Dubnyk robbed us several times. Gibson's heroics saved our home opener from being a 4-5 goal affair. We've been hitting some posts, Zacha's been robbed a few times over the first few games, super unlucky.

I like the chances they're generating, a lot of high quality chances, or so they've seemed. This is not like last year where we'd finish the game with 17 SOG, 12 of which were from the point with no traffic.

Edited by DJ Eco

4 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

the great majority here thought the trade was grand larssony , 5 games in and I'm not changing my opinion!  this team needed a top line, hall makes one.  if zacha continues to impress and gains chemistry w hall, it will level our roster out nicely.. btw. hall is much stronger than I thought,  I actually thought he was a bit soft as an oiler... wrong!!!

I see what you did there...and I like it. 

Feels like Hall is doing 75% of the work.... Palms had a nice chance toward the end of the 3rd, Rico was ok, DSP in front of the net, but what would the team be like now if we didn't have Hall? No one else has scored... Palms has 2, PAP has 2, Rico has 1... our current standing would be so much worse. Idk. Idk if I'm ranting or whatever. Just noticing stuff. Love Hall. Definitely extremely fun to watch. He's always in the right spot. I hope things settle, and Rico and Palms can hit 30(+) goals this year again. 

Feels like Hall is doing 75% of the work.... Palms had a nice chance toward the end of the 3rd, Rico was ok, DSP in front of the net, but what would the team be like now if we didn't have Hall? No one else has scored... Palms has 2, PAP has 2, Rico has 1... our current standing would be so much worse. Idk. Idk if I'm ranting or whatever. Just noticing stuff. Love Hall. Definitely extremely fun to watch. He's always in the right spot. I hope things settle, and Rico and Palms can hit 30(+) goals this year again. 

Can't forget Travis and his 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Can't forget Travis and his 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's probably gotten the best puck luck of anyone on the Devils.  If he finishes with 20 goals, I'll be thrilled.  

Just to add - not only does Hall score (and in dynamic fashion) but he backchecks like a monster and makes ridiculously smart plays in the defensive end.. he saved an OT goal two games ago, and he broke up at least 2 or 3 passes last night that would've led to great chances against.

He's like a more talented Parise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just to add - not only does Hall score (and in dynamic fashion) but he backchecks like a monster and makes ridiculously smart plays in the defensive end.. he saved an OT goal two games ago, and he broke up at least 2 or 3 passes last night that would've led to great chances against.

He'll probably leave when his contract is up like Parise also...

...but hopefully not. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He'll probably leave when his contract is up like Parise also...

...but hopefully not. 

Got him for four seasons, not going to worry about that until he's entering his walk year.  At least the rules help teams keep their players now.  That definitely wasn't the case with Parise. 

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Maxim Afinogenov was considered to be dynamic and good too.

Don't be an idiot for the sake of being an idiot.  That's the only reason you'd bother to make a comparison like that. 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't be an idiot for the sake of being an idiot.  That's the only reason you'd bother to make a comparison like that. 

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

It's a joke from the game day chat. You're the Duke, CR1976! fvckin' A!

It can definitely be both things.

On 10/26/2016 at 11:49 AM, Devilsfan118 said:

Right now he actually reminds me of a young Elias.  Kovy and Parise both had some great seasons here but they each had relatively big holes to their game.   Hall is the first one I've seen here since a prime Elias that can seemingly do everything.  As he's tearing down the wing, you have no idea what is coming but you know it's going to be good.  He's just as likely to snipe one as he is to make an insane pass.  Hall has been such a pleasure to watch so far.      

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1