GDT: Game 6 - Devils vs Coyotes - 7PM

RunninWithTheDevil

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I absolutely do not understand this analogy whatsoever but I am laughing so hard right now I can't breathe.

A potentially pretty win turned out to be less so, but I'm still takin' it, lol.

• Like 1

this game shouldn't have even been this close.

decent crowd tonight numbers wise but pretty quiet for most of the night.

taylor hall - jesus christ this guy is good. he did absolutely everything right tonight and made anyone he skated with better - that's why it seemed like hynes was triple shifting him and gifting him to every player to try and get them going.

zacha - another strong game - hynes gave him a couple d-zone starts but then put zajac out there instead eventually. terrific instincts by zacha were on display.

severson - started out terribly - some really dumb decisions and mishandling of the puck - but almost like a switch got turned on and he was like first season severson when he was great.

greene still concerns me a bit - but not nearly as much as the first 3 games.

what i am concerned about is cammalleri. i was amazed to see he had 5 SOG because he looked slow and uninterested. decisions with the puck were poor - couldn't escape defenders - couldn't (or wouldn't) fight through traffic. it's only 6 games in but i am seeing nothing there so far.

and cory was great - i don't even care about the 3 goals he couldn't do anything about.

38 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Kind of an ugly win, but 2 points are 2 points!  Definitely need to be better if we're gonna beat Chicago on Friday.

EVEN STRENGTH

• CF%: 51.69
  • FF%: 52.78
  • SF%: 52.46
  • SCF%: 51.52
  • HDCF%: 42.86

Wow, I thought we dominated possession.  That third was worse than I thought

Shot attempts were pretty even all game past the 1st - the Devils had several good looks in that period where they didn't get a shot off.

Anyway, Taylor Hall is what the Devils have needed - he's like a combination of Parise and Kovalchuk, he brings the excitement of Kovalchuk with the puck possession ability of Parise.  He can't shoot like Kovalchuk and he won't win as many puck battles as Parise, but he's damn talented and I'm glad the Devils got him.

I would love to know why the 4th line played a shift after the Devils got the lead back in the 3rd.

Cammalleri's playing okay but it's easy to not like him when pucks aren't going in for him because he will make poor decisions in the neutral zone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Wow, I thought we dominated possession.  That third was worse than I thought

Those are even strength (not a problem) but unadjusted for score. Natural Stat Trick have Devils at 54.7% CF 5v5 when adjusted (and 53% for the third alone).

Edited by Marshall

The fact that Cammy was unnoticeable for most of the night is worrying and when I did it was for the wrong reasons.  He needs to get it going soon.

Henrique can't be on a line again with Boucher and Bennett as his wingers.  He deserves better than that.

Cretins on social media are still bashing Zajac about his contract that was offered to him.  I think even outside of this game he has been one of the better performers on this team this year.

Really liking Zacha and Hall together.  Hall was awesome as usual this year.  Cory was great too.  Auvitu looked confident in everything he did which was nice.

Went to the game last night using e-tickets.  I entered the building at about 6:40 and it looks like most people had e-tickets too on their phone and the doom and gloom predictions of long lines and confusion from this was just overreaction as usual.  I actually kind of prefer having e-tickets over paper ones now.

I saw the Marty statue and I have to say I was more impressed by the pedestal than the actual statue itself.  It's pretty tall and assuming it was done that way on purpose so people wouldn't be able to easily vandalize it.

Only heard the vuvuzela-less YS chant 1 or 2 times out of the 5 goals.  I was in the lower bowl.  Also only heard the Kill chant on one PK.

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I saw the Marty statue and I have to say I was more impressed by the pedestal than the actual statue itself.  It's pretty tall and assuming it was done that way on purpose so people wouldn't be able to easily vandalize it.

https://frinkiac.com/meme/S04E05/752701.jpg?b64lines=IFdPVywgTE9PSyBBVCBUSEUgU0laRSBPRgogVEhBVCBQTEFURk9STSE=

9 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Cretins on social media are still bashing Zajac about his contract that was offered to him.  I think even outside of this game he has been one of the better performers on this team this year.

Only heard the vuvuzela-less YS chant 1 or 2 times out of the 5 goals.  I was in the lower bowl.  Also only heard the Kill chant on one PK.

Okay, I do have a couple stories from where I was sitting, section 1, row 5.  Next to me were two guys - one with a $500 haircut in a pinstripe suit with a Devils pin on the lapel who had a green Devils cap on his head some of the time and a guy in regular clothes.  It's weird how on the MSG replay I can pick them out very clearly and can't see myself standing next to them in my Brodeur jersey, lol, but anyway.  Prior to the game some other dude in a suit came up talking to them, another pin on his lapel saying JERSEY.  I'm not sure if they were team or arena mucky mucks, but it started to sound like it after a while.

- Regular clothes guy remarked on the size of the crowd saying the "app promo" didn't help, as it "looks like 5,000 people are here."  Suit guy remarked "about 8, better than a usual Tuesday or against some bullblank team like the Coyotes."  I then checked the ESPN recap page after going home and saw the 12,756 mark and thought about the empty seat I was clapping on in front of me for the 3rd period.

- They were worried that Hall was, quote, "92 percent" of the offense.  "The team is Hall and Cory and nobody else." 

- Zajac was a "serviceable player" getting paid way too much. 

- DSP is "robbing us blind" this year.

- You could hear "you suck" chants very easily after every goal, at least where we were.  Suit guy sighs, "Can't we blanking go back to the old song already?  These people are gonna do this blank for 38 blanking years, it doesn't matter what we pick."

- Suit guy commenting on Cammy's problems quickly turned into joking about Cam Janssen after regular clothes guy misheard him and thought that's who he mentioned.  Suit guy - "6 blanking lifetime goals and we saw 2 of 'em in person." 

- Talk of Brodeur playing in a Blues alumni game.  Suit guy - "I love Marty but he's gonna play in more alumni games than he ever did for the actual team.  What the blank!"

Edited by JSR

20 hours ago, JSR said:

Okay, I do have a couple stories from where I was sitting, section 1, row 5.  Next to me were two guys - one with a $500 haircut in a pinstripe suit with a Devils pin on the lapel who had a green Devils cap on his head some of the time and a guy in regular clothes.  It's weird how on the MSG replay I can pick them out very clearly and can't see myself standing next to them in my Brodeur jersey, lol, but anyway.  Prior to the game some other dude in a suit came up talking to them, another pin on his lapel saying JERSEY.  I'm not sure if they were team or arena mucky mucks, but it started to sound like it after a while.

- Regular clothes guy remarked on the size of the crowd saying the "app promo" didn't help, as it "looks like 5,000 people are here."  Suit guy remarked "about 8, better than a usual Tuesday or against some bullblank team like the Coyotes."  I then checked the ESPN recap page after going home and saw the 12,756 mark and thought about the empty seat I was clapping on in front of me for the 3rd period.

- They were worried that Hall was, quote, "92 percent" of the offense.  "The team is Hall and Cory and nobody else." 

- Zajac was a "serviceable player" getting paid way too much. 

- DSP is "robbing us blind" this year.

- You could hear "you suck" chants very easily after every goal, at least where we were.  Suit guy sighs, "Can't we blanking go back to the old song already?  These people are gonna do this blank for 38 blanking years, it doesn't matter what we pick."

- Suit guy commenting on Cammy's problems quickly turned into joking about Cam Janssen after regular clothes guy misheard him and thought that's who he mentioned.  Suit guy - "6 blanking lifetime goals and we saw 2 of 'em in person." 

- Talk of Brodeur playing in a Blues alumni game.  Suit guy - "I love Marty but he's gonna play in more alumni games than he ever did for the actual team.  What the blank!"

what an odd exchange.. anybody who's anybody shouldn't be saying ANYBODY is "robbing us blind this year" when we're 5 games into the year... smh

what an odd exchange.. anybody who's anybody shouldn't be saying ANYBODY is "robbing us blind this year" when we're 5 games into the year... smh

They sound like a couple of younger twenty/thirty-somethings who think they're hot sh!t and brag to anyone who'll listen to them that they work for the Devils, but don't actually know sh!t about sh!t when it comes to hockey. Truthfully, they sound like a couple of a$$holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They sound like a couple of younger twenty/thirty-somethings who think they're hot sh!t and brag to anyone who'll listen to them that they work for the Devils, but don't actually know sh!t about sh!t when it comes to hockey. Truthfully, they sound like a couple of a$$holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? Junior ticket reps are right there with Shero on making critical hockey decisions.  SMH.

• Like 2