Cammalleri

BostonNala370

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

He has a modified NTC, whatever that means.

Edit: Actually that was his last contact.  Not sure what he has now.

He does still have a NTC.  However, only players with NMC must be protected.  He can be left open, and someone could potentially claim him.  Not sure why they'd want him though, at 34, he has a cap hit of $5M til 2019.  

6 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He does still have a NTC.  However, only players with NMC must be protected.  He can be left open, and someone could potentially claim him.  Not sure why they'd want him though, at 34, he has a cap hit of $5M til 2019.  

It Vegas is looking to reach the cap floor and have another veteran in the room they may 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, Mu6atu said:

Cammo isn't the problem. The problem is the team does not have any way to establish possession. That starts with defensive stops. Lovejoy should have his own thread, or Larsson. 

P.S.

Shero sucks 

Man really - he's absolutely a part of the problem.  You could say that about every player, sh!t blame it on the next guy, way too many of the "better" players are underperforming and it adds up top a steaming turd.  Of course "better' is all relevant.  They shouldn't be this bad this often, but yet night after night they get outshot.  You can't fix the lack of hockey smarts in the case of last nights ill advised change.  Just a really tough combination to win with at this point.  I don't think they are as bad as we make them out to be but damn they aren't any good either. Another tough year.  

On an overall offensive-starved team, the guy is 5th in points, just 4 behind the leader, and has played 5 less games than him.  Sure he hasn't performed the way we had all hoped when we signed him, but none of the guys on this team really have, including and especially Hall.  It's an overall lack of team and lack of chemistry.  Great players should be making good players better, i.e. Hall should be making Henrique great, and Zajac should be making Palmeri great, and Cammalleri should be making Parenteau great, or vice versa, but none of that is happening.  Instead, player A is playing like crap, and rather than player B picking him up and making him better, player B is mimicking player A and also playing like crap.  It's a weird situation of "playing to the level of your competition", in this case with the competition being their peers.

To point the finger solely at Cammaller is unjust in my opinion.  We need 21 fingers, one for every guy on the active roster each night.  Actually, more like 25 or so -- a few for the coaching staff as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

I have to bring this thread back.

Cammy scores a goal 12/3/16, then 1/3/17 and then nothing. Thanks Lou  We will be stuck with him until the end. No team wants an injury prone lefty that scores 10 goals so far this season and can't score one per month at $5M.

Including the empty netter he shanked tonight. 

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Including the empty netter he shanked tonight. 

when he does have opportunities he just has zero confidence. Keep waiting for him to snap out of it. Could be a long two+ years waiting for his contract to expire.

His not scoring is not the only problem, last night 15 seconds left and a chance to end the game with the puck on his stick, instead of making the safe play he shoots, misses gets called for icing and puts the team in a defensive zone face off when he could have easily skated the puck out,...  Camms has been a disaster would love to see him go...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redruM said:

His not scoring is not the only problem, last night 15 seconds left and a chance to end the game with the puck on his stick, instead of making the safe play he shoots, misses gets called for icing and puts the team in a defensive zone face off when he could have easily skated the puck out,...  Camms has been a disaster would love to see him go...

Just doesn't seem to give a fvck anymore.

Absolutely agree, he's been a disaster this year.  When he's not scoring he's a complete liability in both ends and he doesn't seem to do anything besides shoot the puck better than anyone else on the team.

FWIW if a young player does what Cammy did last night, he's benched/scratched and getting lectured by the coaching staff.  Cammy embodies that "country club" atmosphere that plagued us over the past few years.  

OUT OUT OUT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just doesn't seem to give a fvck anymore.

Absolutely agree, he's been a disaster this year.  When he's not scoring he's a complete liability in both ends and he doesn't seem to do anything besides shoot the puck better than anyone else on the team.

FWIW if a young player does what Cammy did last night, he's benched/scratched and getting lectured by the coaching staff.  Cammy embodies that "country club" atmosphere that plagued us over the past few years.  

OUT OUT OUT

I don't know if it's him embodying a country-club like mentality as much as it is a reality of not having any other guys better to replace him.  We definitely don't have a player capable of scoring the way he *should/can* score just waiting in the wings, and even if you make the argument to bench him and move everyone else up a notch (i.e. someone from the 3rd line to the 2nd line, taking his spot), whoever you call up and plug into the 4th line is also not going to be capable of producing the way he should.  Fact of ht matter is, even with him not scoring the way we want right now, and making the occasional dumb play like we saw last night, we're just not better with him not in the line up.  At least not when you factor in what he COULD be doing (again, no argument here that he's not producing, but if he ever finds his knack again, it's better than anything else we have right now sitting as a health scratch or in the minors)

Cam is Cam does...destined to disappoint, either due to injuries that take away from his more productive seasons, or due to less production that you're hoping for.  Just a guy that's impossible to count on.

But yeah, goes back to the same thing...who's that obvious candidate to take his place?  Hope he plays well enough and picks it up through the end of the season or the deadline, and then see what you can get for him.  Probably not a ton of course. 

• Like 1

Good discussion re: Cammy. This is my thread. 

I agree he has zero or almost zero trade  value.

If you look at our present team and Albany there isn't a better option to bench him.

I feel  he knows he has 2 yrs at 5 M so why bust his ass and that's why he hasn't has as.many injuries this season. 

Sorry to say this but he already milked his daughter's pneumonia, yes it was bad but to be out so long says he doesn't care about the team.

We are not going to make the playoffs IMO  so now let's deal with him because  it sends a bad message to the players and fans.

So I propose  the following: 

Bench him for two  games.

Strip him of the A, doesn't  deserve  it. 

Waivers or trade we pick up 50% of salary, sends good message to  players and fans.

What do you think? 

47 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

Good discussion re: Cammy. This is my thread. 

I agree he has zero or almost zero trade  value.

If you look at our present team and Albany there isn't a better option to bench him.

I feel  he knows he has 2 yrs at 5 M so why bust his ass and that's why he hasn't has as.many injuries this season. 

Sorry to say this but he already milked his daughter's pneumonia, yes it was bad but to be out so long says he doesn't care about the team.

We are not going to make the playoffs IMO  so now let's deal with him because  it sends a bad message to the players and fans.

So I propose  the following: 

Bench him for two  games.

Strip him of the A, doesn't  deserve  it. 

Waivers or trade we pick up 50% of salary, sends good message to  players and fans.

What do you think? 

Agree with everything other than the comments about his daughter's pneumonia, which we don't know the details of and regardless, if he was saying he cares more about his family than the team, I am not sure his priorities are off at all. Your family is more important than your job. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 3

As others have referenced part of the problem with dealing with Cammy is we don't have better options. Guys like him are not playing for a job so they get complacent. If we had a deep roster and robust crop of forward prospects pushing him we would probably be getting more mileage out of him. I don't think he is blatantly dogging it but I do agree he could and should be playing harder. More try also would help him get out of his slump.

I would be fine with healthy scratching him to send a message. Not sure I would strip the A, not yet anyways.

Regarding trading him, doesn't he have a no trade. His salary vs. production is also an unofficial not trade as well. Salary would need to be retained. Even then we wouldn't get much, and we have lots of cap space so I am sure trading him really advances us at this time, we would probably need another top 6 winger to be in a position to dump him.