Cammalleri

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys had it coming to you. Karmalleri

This thread is not about Funks. If you'd like me to make a thread about funks, please ask me to do so and I will.

As if I'm actually interested in hearing it  To insinuate that anyone should care more about a hockey team more than the welfare of their daughter is asinine. Clearly Mike has his priorities in line,

2 hours ago, redruM said:

His not scoring is not the only problem, last night 15 seconds left and a chance to end the game with the puck on his stick, instead of making the safe play he shoots, misses gets called for icing and puts the team in a defensive zone face off when he could have easily skated the puck out,...  Camms has been a disaster would love to see him go...

Just doesn't seem to give a fvck anymore.

Absolutely agree, he's been a disaster this year.  When he's not scoring he's a complete liability in both ends and he doesn't seem to do anything besides shoot the puck better than anyone else on the team.

FWIW if a young player does what Cammy did last night, he's benched/scratched and getting lectured by the coaching staff.  Cammy embodies that "country club" atmosphere that plagued us over the past few years.  

OUT OUT OUT

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just doesn't seem to give a fvck anymore.

Absolutely agree, he's been a disaster this year.  When he's not scoring he's a complete liability in both ends and he doesn't seem to do anything besides shoot the puck better than anyone else on the team.

FWIW if a young player does what Cammy did last night, he's benched/scratched and getting lectured by the coaching staff.  Cammy embodies that "country club" atmosphere that plagued us over the past few years.  

OUT OUT OUT

I don't know if it's him embodying a country-club like mentality as much as it is a reality of not having any other guys better to replace him.  We definitely don't have a player capable of scoring the way he *should/can* score just waiting in the wings, and even if you make the argument to bench him and move everyone else up a notch (i.e. someone from the 3rd line to the 2nd line, taking his spot), whoever you call up and plug into the 4th line is also not going to be capable of producing the way he should.  Fact of ht matter is, even with him not scoring the way we want right now, and making the occasional dumb play like we saw last night, we're just not better with him not in the line up.  At least not when you factor in what he COULD be doing (again, no argument here that he's not producing, but if he ever finds his knack again, it's better than anything else we have right now sitting as a health scratch or in the minors)

Cam is Cam does...destined to disappoint, either due to injuries that take away from his more productive seasons, or due to less production that you're hoping for.  Just a guy that's impossible to count on.

But yeah, goes back to the same thing...who's that obvious candidate to take his place?  Hope he plays well enough and picks it up through the end of the season or the deadline, and then see what you can get for him.  Probably not a ton of course. 

• Like 1

Good discussion re: Cammy. This is my thread. 

I agree he has zero or almost zero trade  value.

If you look at our present team and Albany there isn't a better option to bench him.

I feel  he knows he has 2 yrs at 5 M so why bust his ass and that's why he hasn't has as.many injuries this season. 

Sorry to say this but he already milked his daughter's pneumonia, yes it was bad but to be out so long says he doesn't care about the team.

We are not going to make the playoffs IMO  so now let's deal with him because  it sends a bad message to the players and fans.

So I propose  the following: 

Bench him for two  games.

Strip him of the A, doesn't  deserve  it. 

Waivers or trade we pick up 50% of salary, sends good message to  players and fans.

What do you think? 

47 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

Good discussion re: Cammy. This is my thread. 

I agree he has zero or almost zero trade  value.

If you look at our present team and Albany there isn't a better option to bench him.

I feel  he knows he has 2 yrs at 5 M so why bust his ass and that's why he hasn't has as.many injuries this season. 

Sorry to say this but he already milked his daughter's pneumonia, yes it was bad but to be out so long says he doesn't care about the team.

We are not going to make the playoffs IMO  so now let's deal with him because  it sends a bad message to the players and fans.

So I propose  the following: 

Bench him for two  games.

Strip him of the A, doesn't  deserve  it. 

Waivers or trade we pick up 50% of salary, sends good message to  players and fans.

What do you think? 

Agree with everything other than the comments about his daughter's pneumonia, which we don't know the details of and regardless, if he was saying he cares more about his family than the team, I am not sure his priorities are off at all. Your family is more important than your job. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 3

As others have referenced part of the problem with dealing with Cammy is we don't have better options. Guys like him are not playing for a job so they get complacent. If we had a deep roster and robust crop of forward prospects pushing him we would probably be getting more mileage out of him. I don't think he is blatantly dogging it but I do agree he could and should be playing harder. More try also would help him get out of his slump.

I would be fine with healthy scratching him to send a message. Not sure I would strip the A, not yet anyways.

Regarding trading him, doesn't he have a no trade. His salary vs. production is also an unofficial not trade as well. Salary would need to be retained. Even then we wouldn't get much, and we have lots of cap space so I am sure trading him really advances us at this time, we would probably need another top 6 winger to be in a position to dump him.

I think Cammalleri has been pretty bad this year, we all see that, but to say he was milking time off for his daughter's pneumonia is a pretty ludicrous claim. C'mon.

This season of his appears to be what we all knew what would happen in the later years of his contract. He's falling off. Is it really that surprising that it's happening even earlier than we all hoped? No, not really, given how many injuries he's had in his career.

I like him and have enjoyed some of his better moments on the team but I honestly think the best case scenario is that we expose him if we can (admittedly I am lost on all of the expo draft rules) and Vegas takes him.

Edited by Steven M.
10 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

Thank you. It's an opinion. Since you think I am a jackass I won't share with you how I came to that opinion.

I didn't say you were a jackass, and I'd love to hear that explanation. 

11 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

Thank you. It's an opinion. Since you think I am a jackass I won't share with you how I came to that opinion.

As if I'm actually interested in hearing it :rolleyes: To insinuate that anyone should care more about a hockey team more than the welfare of their daughter is asinine. Clearly Mike has his priorities in line, you don't.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

As if I'm actually interested in hearing it :rolleyes: To insinuate that anyone should care more about a hockey team more than the welfare of their daughter is asinine. Clearly Mike has his priorities in line, you don't.

This.

+1

6 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

I didn't say that "anyone shouldn't care more about a hockey team more than the welfare Of their" learn to read 

So, is he getting traded? It's clearly not working out. And the Devils are better off promoting from within. They have Quenneville. Any chance he'll be back? I could see a team        taking a chance on Cammalleri. But he's got two years left at an AAV of $5 million. Not easy to fit in.

53 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

So, is he getting traded? It's clearly not working out. And the Devils are better off promoting from within. They have Quenneville. Any chance he'll be back? I could see a team        taking a chance on Cammalleri. But he's got two years left at an AAV of $5 million. Not easy to fit in.

I dont see him being traded unless we take some of that contract back.

Edited by fsu1852
8 hours ago, fsu1852 said:

I dont see him being traded unless we take some of that contract back.

Saw some Sens fans wanting a Camalleri-Ryan swap.

Can't imagine Bobby Ryan is struggling that much but I'd take that trade.

41 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Saw some Sens fans wanting a Camalleri-Ryan swap.

Can't imagine Bobby Ryan is struggling that much but I'd take that trade.

Might be just the trade to wake both guys up. But Ryan is owed a TON of money, not that we have cap issues but we may find a better use for that money in free agency.