GDT: Game 7 - Devils vs Hawks 7:30P MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I hated Tootoo, but I wouldn't boo him.  I don't think he is a class act or anything, but he is off the team so no need for me to revisit or acknowledge that nightmare.

HFC night tonight.  That means mystery puck night and pink/purple practice jerseys.  Hope they make a lot of money off of both cause cancer sucks ass.

Anyways since it's the Hawks: 7-2 Devils.

I don't know how you possibly call a 4th line goon a "nightmare". He was fine for his role, and if he wasn't, having a 4th line goon underperform is mildly annoying at worst.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I hated Tootoo, but I wouldn't boo him.  I don't think he is a class act or anything, but he is off the team so no need for me to revisit or acknowledge that nightmare.

I like Tootoo, I am always a fan of character guys and tough guys. Plus he's got an interesting back story.

But let's be honest. You don't boo a guy when he comes back if you were happy when he left. Most people were happy. Anyone who boos a 4th liner when they come back probably also plays a vuvuzela in their spare time. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I don't know how you possibly call a 4th line goon a "nightmare". He was fine for his role, and if he wasn't, having a 4th line goon underperform is mildly annoying at worst.

That's spot on. To some extent, a 4th line good can't really underperform at all, because you shouldn't really have any expectations from them. I was happier with Tootoo with 4 goals, 5 assists in 66 games than I was with Jokesefson going 4 goals 10 assists in 58. Or Ruutu going OG-1A in 33. 

Season before  that he was 7th on the team in goals and a +1. More goals than Gomez, Ruutu, Ryder, Josefson, Havlat, Gionta, Zubrus...hardly a "nightmare". 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's spot on. To some extent, a 4th line good can't really underperform at all, because you shouldn't really have any expectations from them. I was happier with Tootoo with 4 goals, 5 assists in 66 games than I was with Jokesefson going 4 goals 10 assists in 58. Or Ruutu going OG-1A in 33. 

Season before  that he was 7th on the team in goals and a +1. More goals than Gomez, Ruutu, Ryder, Josefson, Havlat, Gionta, Zubrus...hardly a "nightmare". 

My thoughts exactly. Tootoo was a 4th liner here to protect & enforce which I think he did pretty damn well.

Don't even get me started on JJ...I already got so much flak for calling him out the other day. lol. His time here should be done. He has had years to prove himself and all we can say at the end of the day is that he's great on the PK and shootouts. The shootout ability only just makes him slightly better than lil Gio.... and that's not much.

1 minute ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Cammalleri looks out of sync and slow.

I was going to ask if he was really as bad as he looked or if it could be attributed to some bad luck with bouncing pucks late in the period. Hopefully it's one of those kinds of slumps where all it takes is 1 and then he finds his game.

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was going to ask if he was really as bad as he looked or if it could be attributed to some bad luck with bouncing pucks late in the period. Hopefully it's one of those kinds of slumps where all it takes is 1 and then he finds his game.

Hopefully, everybody it routing for him.

I other observations; I see Daneko was lazy with the half windsor knot on his tie, then again, the big lugnut needs XL length ties so, Kenny and Cang get a pass only because they're both wearing the HFC ties/colors tonight. Any other night and I'm puking to Cang's crooked knotted $3 Chinese ties.

PS: Deb is looking hot tonight in Fuchsia -Mauve... boy this wine is good.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

That was a hell of a shot by Panarin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could've had two tonight easily