Jump to content

GDT: Game 7 - Devils vs Hawks 7:30P MSG+


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys sound like Sean Avery working for Vogue

I love Hall   

Not much to say. Here's Andy Greene carved into the side of a pumpkin.

Posted Images

fvck the Blackhawks and the insta-fans of theirs that showed up tonight.  But Devils didn't give it away.  Same old story...too many unfinished chances.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
fvck the Blackhawks and the insta-fans of theirs that showed up tonight.  But Devils didn't give it away.  Same old story...too many unfinished chances.

Most of those people are frauds. You couldn't find a Blackhawks fan if you enlisted the CIA to locate one around here 10 years ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadDog2020 said:


Most of those people are frauds. You couldn't find a Blackhawks fan if you enlisted the CIA to locate one around here 10 years ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exacta-fvcking-mundo 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:


Most of those people are frauds. You couldn't find a Blackhawks fan if you enlisted the CIA to locate one around here 10 years ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You couldn't find most of them in Chicago either, it's amazing how people forget that as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Hopefully, everybody it routing for him.

I other observations; I see Daneko was lazy with the half windsor knot on his tie, then again, the big lugnut needs XL length ties so, Kenny and Cang get a pass only because they're both wearing the HFC ties/colors tonight. Any other night and I'm puking to Cang's crooked knotted $3 Chinese ties.

 

PS: Deb is looking hot tonight in Fuchsia -Mauve... boy this wine is good.

I never understood why anyone, forget people on television seen by 65,000 households a night, can't make an effort to look nice in a more formal environment. I dress pretty casually 99% of the time, but when it's time to wear a suit, look fvcking decent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You couldn't find most of them in Chicago either, it's amazing how people forget that as well. 

Well to be fair, Chicago is a good hockey town. Bill Wirtz was an awful owner... I mean, he redefined awful. He was a putrid owner. At one point, he pulled the home games off of local TV just to stick it to the fans. He was so despised, that when the Blackhawks held a moment of silence for him after he died, the Hawks fans booed the entire time. Think about that. Now his son- that guy is beloved in Chicago lol. He's the polar opposite of his father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Devils last season were last in the NHL in 5 on 5 shots % with a lead last year, getting only 39% of the shots when they were ahead.  They were able to outrun their expectation due to some favorable percentages, but the Devils had a comically low 19.8 shots per 60 minutes.  They just managed to score on nearly 11% of those shots.  

Now Fiddler took a dumb penalty and that changes the calculus, but Hynes or the coaching staff or somebody has to be able to get it through to these players that the days of trying to sit on one goal leads like that are over.  This team is too good to start dumping pucks in when they have a 1 goal lead and a 3 on 2 or 3 on 3 on the Hawks.  Go for the fvcking win.  I mean, I cannot believe how awful they played after the Chicago tying goal was scored.  Absolutely no plan other than icing the puck and hoping to get a breakout somehow.

The loss in OT was whatever, Auvitu had a terrible turnover and he'll figure 3 on 3 out and he won't do that again.  It's a learning process.  The team overall played very well, but they can't get 40% of the shots with the lead and expect to do well again this year.

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The Devils last season were last in the NHL in 5 on 5 shots % with a lead last year, getting only 39% of the shots when they were ahead.  They were able to outrun their expectation due to some favorable percentages, but the Devils had a comically low 19.8 shots per 60 minutes.  They just managed to score on nearly 11% of those shots.  

Now Fiddler took a dumb penalty and that changes the calculus, but Hynes or the coaching staff or somebody has to be able to get it through to these players that the days of trying to sit on one goal leads like that are over.  This team is too good to start dumping pucks in when they have a 1 goal lead and a 3 on 2 or 3 on 3 on the Hawks.  Go for the fvcking win.  I mean, I cannot believe how awful they played after the Chicago tying goal was scored.  Absolutely no plan other than icing the puck and hoping to get a breakout somehow.

The loss in OT was whatever, Auvitu had a terrible turnover and he'll figure 3 on 3 out and he won't do that again.  It's a learning process.  The team overall played very well, but they can't get 40% of the shots with the lead and expect to do well again this year.

fvcking Bingo. This was so much more than score effects.

Also - fvcking cammalleri. now, good job on keeping the puck in on the PP on goal 1. but otherwise, he was fvcking dog sh!t tonight. got pushed off the puck, lost every battle, and again made terrible decisions. hall is great. zacha is pretty good. palmieri is a good player. severson seems like he's got his mojo back. henrique is fine. and zajac has had a nice start. but besides that, everyone else looks like passengers.

I came into this weekend saying 2 of 4 points would be acceptable. I'm pissed because the devils gave one away tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I never understood why anyone, forget people on television seen by 65,000 households a night, can't make an effort to look nice in a more formal environment. I dress pretty casually 99% of the time, but when it's time to wear a suit, look fvcking decent.

yeah, I'm a major stickler for looking your absolutely best in a public job, esp. when your job and image are a requirement. New Jersey Devils employees should be doing it cleaner and better than the major market teams to set an example of professionalism.

****************************************

Same goes for hockey standards of maintaining control of your stick, esp after one game we had to call First Aid paramedics for my own recklessness with my stick/blade at a game. Fiddler is a veteran and should of know better late in the game to do something like that and noone should be getting their stick above the hips unless it's to tip pucks in today's NHL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.