GDT: Game 7 - Devils vs Hawks 7:30P MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

9 hours ago, Triumph said:

Agree with all of this - that Kane PP in the 3rd period was an utter disaster.  Devils get a neat zone entry to Henrique, then Henrique throws the puck away.  They get the puck back in and then Cammalleri does some Pavel Bure sh!t that has everyone wrong-footed and wrong-handed.  Chicago's PK is a passive box disaster, they are just hoping to get clears.  

But I also don't see Auvitu in here.  Auvitu could be the Devils' best defenseman pretty soon.   He just runs the neutral zone.  When he and Bennett and Zacha get on the ice it's like Total Hockey.  (This is an idea from soccer and I kind of love it for hockey too.)

You're right - i should have given auvitu proper recognition. he has been very good, boneheaded OT decision aside.

but someone needs to tell him that in the NHL, your teammates know where you are. you don't need to bang your stick every single time you're on the ice. EVERY time.

13 hours ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Hopefully, everybody it routing for him.

I other observations; I see Daneko was lazy with the half windsor knot on his tie, then again, the big lugnut needs XL length ties so, Kenny and Cang get a pass only because they're both wearing the HFC ties/colors tonight. Any other night and I'm puking to Cang's crooked knotted $3 Chinese ties.

PS: Deb is looking hot tonight in Fuchsia -Mauve... boy this wine is good.

12 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I never understood why anyone, forget people on television seen by 65,000 households a night, can't make an effort to look nice in a more formal environment. I dress pretty casually 99% of the time, but when it's time to wear a suit, look fvcking decent.

You guys sound like Sean Avery working for Vogue

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Triumph said:

But I also don't see Auvitu in here.  Auvitu could be the Devils' best defenseman pretty soon.   He just runs the neutral zone.  When he and Bennett and Zacha get on the ice it's like Total Hockey.  (This is an idea from soccer and I kind of love it for hockey too.)

Jimmy Hogan taught the Hungarians and the dutch the concept of total football.  seeing a fullback come up, overtake a forward, and "make a run" is common now.. I think you see it in basketball as well, like the old fab 5 , basically 5 guys who are interchangeable . whats good about hockey is you get a rest every 2-3 mins

Edited by EdgeControl

No complaints about how they played the first 40 minutes that was awesome to see. Some quick thoughts:

Zacha was fanastic...again. I'd like to see him exclusively against Hall but I can understand Hynes not wanting him to play against mega lines like Toews/Kane and Backstrom/Ovie.

Speaking of Hynes, I really hope his tactics with a lead are more on the players than him. Sitting back, waiting for a team like Chicago to pounce is asking for trouble. Even before the 4 min. double minor, the team was getting destroyed. Henrique dumping the puck in on a 3 on 2 made me want to stab my eyes out with a pitchfork.

Henrique, Cammalleri and Palmieri really need to get their asses going. Cammalleri looks especially bad. He looks slow and weak out there. 

Kinkaid was fine...made all the stops he had to, didnt give up anything cheap

Auvitu looks goooood. 

• Like 1