GDT - Tampa Bay Lightning @ YOUR New Jersey Devils - 7 PM, MSG+/WFAN

thelastonealive

15 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Holy sh!t Cammy had a breakaway and tried to pull an Elias....which we all know never works.

Was that hand injury much worse than we think?  he would have ripped a wrister by the goalie last year

Edited by EdgeControl

Lot to like here - love that Severson finally got a goal, he's deserved that for a long time.  Like that Henrique finally got his first real goal.  Love how Lappin is making that 4th line go.  Love Kalinin's hustle.  Schneider was great of course.  I loved how the PP looked even if it didn't score.

Things I didn't like - the penalty kill needs to be fixed, they allow zone entries way too easily and they don't have enough speed to pressure point-men.  Kalinin, Zacha, Zajac, Fiddler, Henrique - this is just not a fast enough bunch of PKing forwards.  Oh and also please score goals when the net is empty for 3 minutes.

• Like 4

Just got back from my first game at the Rock. Glad I got to see a winner. We had a great view of 2 of the Devils goals (especially Henrique's nice goal) from section 6. Couple standouts for me were Severson and Kalinin. Kalanin seemed to be doing everything but score. He won a fight, threw some good hits, and just looked like one of the most physical players on the ice tonight. 

• Like 5

Nice win to finish up a solid homestand...I would've happily signed up for a 4-2-2 October, especially after an 1-2-1 start.  

Game #2 of the season in person for my daughter, who is truly loving the game...she just runs out of steam after two periods (she just kind of crashes).  What was cool was two very friendly hockey newbies were sitting next to me (Section 109), and they LOVED what they were watching.  Think the Devils gained at least two new (potentially cash-spending) fans last night.  

Really REALLY happy to see Severson getting some positive results...I was just starting to lose some faith there.  

Schedule is tough for a while, from a pure home-away standpoint...17 of the next 23 games are on the road.  All the more reason this homestand was kind of important.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Holy hell...17 of the next 23 are away? That's crazy

If my math is right, that means at the end of that slate, NJ will have played 11 at home, 20 away....

It's not until February that things will really even out...Devils have 11 games that month, with nine of them being played at home.  I remember the Devils having some similar schedule imbalances last season.  Not sure if other teams have ones as pronounced.  17 out of 23 is a lot though for sure.  

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

How is Palms looking?

Is he likely to hit 30 goals again this year?

his shots are not finding the twine.  lots of one-timers from the left side with zip to show. tbh, his two goals were flukes.  so he and cammy haven't buried anything yet this year...  amazing how well we're doing without them. 

37 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

his shots are not finding the twine.  lots of one-timers from the left side with zip to show. tbh, his two goals were flukes.  so he and cammy haven't buried anything yet this year...  amazing how well we're doing without them. 

Palmieri was streaky last year though. I feel like we can turn around any day and he'll have 6 or 7 goals. I'm not confident he hits 30 again.

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

How is Palms looking?

Is he likely to hit 30 goals again this year?

No, but he was never that likely to hit 30 goals in a given year regardless.  He's looked pretty bad, he's made some bad decisions, but I think he'll turn it around soon.