Game Day Poster - Collection

hasunow

3 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Okay, they roped me back in with that poster. Easily the best one this season. I'm conflicted though...while I'm still going to totally buy this poster, I'm concerned the Devils will get their butts stomped by the Caps and this beautiful poster will be a memory of the latest massacre the Devils suffer. Ah well. It's too pretty. I must buy.

I'll grab a couple extra again if anyone is interested in one. Just PM me!

I got lucky with the Halloween weekend poster they did for the game against the Bolts. Not only was it a really cool one, but they actually played a great game and got a W. I don't think I would have hung it up if they had lost. Especially badly. 

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

Tonight's poster was sold out by 6:15. I will try to get one w/ my STH rewards. This was a good one. 

Pretty much every poster ends up on there, there are Marty statue night posters still on there so you shouldn't have any trouble getting one. I was debating waiting lately and just using my points but I don't think 2k in points translates to 5 bucks so I just bought it instead. I'd definitely use them if it was one I wanted. 

On 1/26/2017 at 1:24 AM, Weekes Head said:

Okay, they roped me back in with that poster. Easily the best one this season. I'm conflicted though...while I'm still going to totally buy this poster, I'm concerned the Devils will get their butts stomped by the Caps and this beautiful poster will be a memory of the latest massacre the Devils suffer. Ah well. It's too pretty. I must buy.

I'll grab a couple extra again if anyone is interested in one. Just PM me!

Did you happen to wind up with extras? I couldn't go but love that poster.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, Satans Hockey said:

How were the ledge seats? I usually don't even bother with the points most years 

I'll have to let you know, I got the tickets for them for the Calgary game. Maybe they'll actually show up for that one too, already beat them once... lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, Satans Hockey said:

How were the ledge seats? I usually don't even bother with the points most years 

Coming back to this... The ledge seats were pretty nice. The only thing I don't like is that they are a little bit off the back of the net so you're kinda only seeing what's going on in the defend twice side and it's a little difficult to see what's happening on the other side. I guess, fortunately for me almost all goals in the entire game were scored in that end including our three goal second period lol. I guess face value is $170 a seat so I don't think I'd ever pay for it given the view, but for only using 20K points I thought it was a decent experience. The buffet is included with the tickets and as far as arena food goes, the restaurant is actually pretty good in my opinion. They had plenty of options available in the buffet including fish, prime rib, scallops, mussels, sliders, meat and cheeses, salads, desserts... could go on, but it was good stuff and available when I got there (hour before puck drop) until just after the 3rd period began. They have a waitress walking around taking drink orders if you don't feel like leaving, but we had other friends in the building so we just kept going to the concourse to meet up with them and got beer there. Overall decent experience, not the best view IMO. I sit in a similar place (116) but it's above the netting and a higher vantage point so you can see the entire ice better.

• Like 1

FYI - season ticket holders can go to membership lounge and buy any poster for $5 from any game. I got a couple games that were sold out those nights yesterday. They didn't ask if I was a STH so you could probably walk in there and get one. They had the retro night one so that's nice. I heard from someone while waiting in line at the store on the main concourse for yesterday's that he saw the retro night posters going for upwards of $50 on ebay.

FYI - season ticket holders can go to membership lounge and buy any poster for $5 from any game. I got a couple games that were sold out those nights yesterday. They didn't ask if I was a STH so you could probably walk in there and get one. They had the retro night one so that's nice. I heard from someone while waiting in line at the store on the main concourse for yesterday's that he saw the retro night posters going for upwards of $50 on ebay.

Did they have the Marty statue dedication from October? I've been trying to snag that one for months. I had asked if anyone could pick it up for me yesterday if they had it, but assuming they are still selling the past games, I'd be grateful if someone could grab one for me this week. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Did they have the Marty statue dedication from October? I've been trying to snag that one for months. I had asked if anyone could pick it up for me yesterday if they had it, but assuming they are still selling the past games, I'd be grateful if someone could grab one for me this week. emoji106.png

i would assume they did but I didn't ask - i already have that one.

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Did they have the Marty statue dedication from October? I've been trying to snag that one for months. I had asked if anyone could pick it up for me yesterday if they had it, but assuming they are still selling the past games, I'd be grateful if someone could grab one for me this week. emoji106.png

They did. I was able to pick one up.

• Like 1

I teach a class on Tuesday and Thursday nights, so I'm not making it to the next bunch of games (and since I teach, I can't particularly afford the weekend games coming up either...). If anyone would be so kind as to pick me up a retro night poster in the coming days (and perhaps a Hockey Fights Cancer night one as well), I would gladly pay you back and pay for shipping if we're not able to exchange in person.

1 hour ago, hasunow said:

I did tonight's poster for the game vs the Sens. I've got another one in the pipeline coming up real quick.

wip4.jpg

Artistically it's very nice, obviously way better than anything I could possibly draw/create, but if I could just give my honest opinion of it in terms of creativity and style, it's a little plain.  I guess maybe with the game being on a random Thursday, and us not having much of a rivalry with the Senators or anything like that, maybe it limited what you could do and how creative you could be.  Just my 2 cents.  Still like it though.

24 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Artistically it's very nice, obviously way better than anything I could possibly draw/create, but if I could just give my honest opinion of it in terms of creativity and style, it's a little plain.  I guess maybe with the game being on a random Thursday, and us not having much of a rivalry with the Senators or anything like that, maybe it limited what you could do and how creative you could be.  Just my 2 cents.  Still like it though.

Thanks, I appreciate the thoughts. This stuff helps in the creative process. It was a bit of a rush job which is no one's fault but my own and I do think my previous one was definitely better. This one had a tag line at the top which I think really rounded out the design but in the end they asked me to remove it. I have one coming out next week that I think blows this one away. It's very different then anything I've done so far and I'm almost positive will be more popular even if the game/opponent/time of the year aren't ideal.

• Like 1

Just now, hasunow said:

Thanks, I appreciate the thoughts. This stuff helps in the creative process. It was a bit of a rush job which is no one's fault but my own and I do think my previous one was definitely better. This one had a tag line at the top which I think really rounded out the design but in the end they asked me to remove it. I have one coming out next week that I think blows this one away. It's very different then anything I've done so far and I'm almost positive will be more popular even if the game/opponent/time of the year aren't ideal.

Gotcha.  I actually think a tagline would've helped.  It just seems like there's something missing, and some type of catchphrase or tagline helps bring the drawing together and/or make it stand point.  I guess the best way to put it is probably that this one maybe less memorable when you look back and go "remember when the Devils played the Senators, oh yeah, that was the night the gameday poster was such and such...".  For obvious reasons it's tougher because it's not the Marty statue night, it's not retro night, and so forth, and I know it must be hard to have your work critiqued and ripped a part by management all the time.  I can imagine depending on how picky they are, sometimes it probably feels like what you end up with wasn't your vision to begin with.

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Gotcha.  I actually think a tagline would've helped.  It just seems like there's something missing, and some type of catchphrase or tagline helps bring the drawing together and/or make it stand point.  I guess the best way to put it is probably that this one maybe less memorable when you look back and go "remember when the Devils played the Senators, oh yeah, that was the night the gameday poster was such and such...".  For obvious reasons it's tougher because it's not the Marty statue night, it's not retro night, and so forth, and I know it must be hard to have your work critiqued and ripped a part by management all the time.  I can imagine depending on how picky they are, sometimes it probably feels like what you end up with wasn't your vision to begin with.

Working with them has actually been really fun and pretty much smooth sailing. They really haven't turned down a single concept I've submitted. They've only had minor tweaks and I think most for logistic/legal/PR reasons.

And having my art critiqued and ripped apart (online especially) is part of being an artist. You just have to be able take the good, bad and the ugly. If you let it get to you it can really hurt so I try and let it roll off me if it isn't constructive.

This particular design was a homage to the Dark Knight Rises poster with Bane walking away from the broken Batman mask and I had the quote from Bane, "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear" which I thought was SO fitting for a NJD poster. I think it worked so much better and really balanced out the overall design. I think they wanted to steer clear of that cause it might been too intense or perhaps too religious? But that's really only my opinion and I couldn't tell you for sure.

Edited by hasunow
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, hasunow said:

Working with them has actually been really fun and pretty much smooth sailing. They really haven't turned down a single concept I've submitted. They've only had minor tweaks and I think most for logistic/legal/PR reasons.

And having my art critiqued and ripped apart (online especially) is part of being an artist. You just have to be able take the good, bad and the ugly. If you let it get to you it can really hurt so I try and let it roll off me if it isn't constructive.

This particular design was a homage to the Dark Knight Rises poster with Bane walking away from the broken Batman mask and I had the quote from Bane, "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear" which I thought was SO fitting for a NJD poster. I think it worked so much better and really balanced out the overall design. I think they wanted to steer clear of that cause it might been too intense or perhaps too religious? But that's really only my opinion and I couldn't tell you for sure.

Oh, see, I didn't get that.  I'm not a huge comic/marvel/superhero guy so I had no idea that was the reference lol.  Now it seems cooler, knowing that :)