Game Day Poster - Collection

hasunow

I don't know, I like the text only one sometimes. I feel like tonight's works. Wasn't a fan of the Oilers one. Looking forward to the ones Anthony (the guy from Columbus) actually does, I know he's got both Columbus games in March. Feels like he's only done three or four so far, and he said he's doing 13-14, so a bunch of his are still to come.

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That one's pretty cool.  Can't help but think he maybe should've had a crown or something, but still looks cool.

In the original concept the Devil was wearing a crown and the thrown was on top of a lion skin rug (Baily, the Kings mascot is a lion) but I was told both had to be removed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hasunow said:

In the original concept the Devil was wearing a crown and the thrown was on top of a lion skin rug (Baily, the Kings mascot is a lion) but I was told both had to be removed. 

Ah, I guess they wanted to keep it simpler then.  Still looks good.  Am I to assume that you created that drawing then?

46 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Ah, I guess they wanted to keep it simpler then.  Still looks good.  Am I to assume that you created that drawing then?

Yup, I'm the artist. I can't really get into too much detail about revisions but I can tell you that the NJ Devil HAS to look like the NJ Devil. You can't really stray from his look (like making him look angry and violent). Below is the original concept and then the revised concept.

concept1-sketch.jpg

concept2-sketch.jpg

• Like 5

Good one...would've been more "accurate" if the rink perspective had been vertical instead of horizontal (the way the EA NHL games of the 90s used to be), but it's still cool regardless...definitely captures the spirit of those EA titles.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Good one...would've been more "accurate" if the rink perspective had been vertical instead of horizontal (the way the EA NHL games of the 90s used to be), but it's still cool regardless...definitely captures the spirit of those EA titles.

Agreed. Its totally awesome, if I was going that is one I would buy and frame. But it shoulda been vertical orientation with the players going up/down instead of side to side. 

Even still, that may be my favorite yet, with Election night being a close 2nd. 

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I like it and will get one. They always have these on the rewards site for 2k points. Might just pick one up through that since they never have anything else I want anyway. 

lol, yeah, I blew all my points on some restaurant ledge seats for the Calgary game. They actually have some decent wings in there and I've never sat at the ledge seats in there or in the goal bar so figured might as well.

also, to not stray off topic, tomorrow's poster looks amazing. between that and the retro socks they're giving out, I am actually excited to go even though I'm fully expecting an ass whooping.

Edited by Steven M.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

lol, yeah, I blew all my points on some restaurant ledge seats for the Calgary game. They actually have some decent wings in there and I've never sat at the ledge seats in there or in the goal bar so figured might as well.

also, to not stray off topic, tomorrow's poster looks amazing. between that and the retro socks they're giving out, I am actually excited to go even though I'm fully expecting an ass whooping.

How were the ledge seats? I usually don't even bother with the points most years 

Okay, they roped me back in with that poster. Easily the best one this season. I'm conflicted though...while I'm still going to totally buy this poster, I'm concerned the Devils will get their butts stomped by the Caps and this beautiful poster will be a memory of the latest massacre the Devils suffer. Ah well. It's too pretty. I must buy.

I'll grab a couple extra again if anyone is interested in one. Just PM me!

Edited by Weekes Head
  • Like 1