Jump to content

Game Day Poster - Collection


hasunow

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hasunow said:

Working with them has actually been really fun and pretty much smooth sailing. They really haven't turned down a single concept I've submitted. They've only had minor tweaks and I think most for logistic/legal/PR reasons.

And having my art critiqued and ripped apart (online especially) is part of being an artist. You just have to be able take the good, bad and the ugly. If you let it get to you it can really hurt so I try and let it roll off me if it isn't constructive.

This particular design was a homage to the Dark Knight Rises poster with Bane walking away from the broken Batman mask and I had the quote from Bane, "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear" which I thought was SO fitting for a NJD poster. I think it worked so much better and really balanced out the overall design. I think they wanted to steer clear of that cause it might been too intense or perhaps too religious? But that's really only my opinion and I couldn't tell you for sure.

now that you mention it, that makes the poster make MUCH more sense. I wasn't sure what you were going with and outside of context, it loses the meaning. the only other critique i might offer, is that the scaling is perhaps reversed in that the Senator helmet is much more pronounced than the mascot. with that being said, its still a really impressive feat - as have all your other posters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM, MadDog2020 said:

They're selling all the past posters tomorrow too, but of course, the Devils post this and then don't say where they'll be sold (I'm assuming the Devils Den, but I think they were selling them in the STH lounge last week).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 
From todays email... 

Tonight only, every one of our gameday posters to date for this season will be available for purchase! Pick up any games that you missed or grab extras of your favorites.

Each poster is $5 and for sale on the Main Concourse (by Sections 19 & 20, outside the Jeep Frontier Lounge along the south wall) and the Upper Concourse (by Section 114)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  From todays email... 
Tonight only, every one of our gameday posters to date for this season will be available for purchase! Pick up any games that you missed or grab extras of your favorites.
Each poster is $5 and for sale on the Main Concourse (by Sections 19 & 20, outside the Jeep Frontier Lounge along the south wall) and the Upper Concourse (by Section 114)

Thanks SH. Decided not to go tonight though, gonna go Tuesday instead- if I'm gonna watch them lose, I'd rather pay $15 instead of $50 to do it. I will say though again that for anyone who may go tonight, if you could grab me the Marty statue dedication poster, I'll happily pay you back. [emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:


Thanks SH. Decided not to go tonight though, gonna go Tuesday instead- if I'm gonna watch them lose, I'd rather pay $15 instead of $50 to do it. I will say though again that for anyone who may go tonight, if you could grab me the Marty statue dedication poster, I'll happily pay you back. emoji106.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take a look, I'm not going to be there till 640 or so but if they still have one I'll grab it and bring it on Tuesday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I really like this one but it looks like we are playing Vegas lol

 

lol I am glad I am not the only one who thought that and I am still mildly confused by it.  Is it glorifying the diners, doo-wop (still big in Wildwood), or gambling?

BTW I thought the one against the Islanders was pretty good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol I am glad I am not the only one who thought that and I am still mildly confused by it.  Is it glorifying the diners, doo-wop (still big in Wildwood), or gambling?

BTW I thought the one against the Islanders was pretty good.

Lol probably a bit of all that, I'm probably going to buy one cause I think it looks great. Maybe the original idea was NJ fighting the sens lions mascot in a coliseum and it got denied? Lol 

I should have said worst of the season for me, just wasn't a fan but I'm glad when they have ones I don't really like since I don't want to buy these every game anyway. I got enough Devils stuff as it is lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol probably a bit of all that, I'm probably going to buy one cause I think it looks great. Maybe the original idea was NJ fighting the sens lions mascot in a coliseum and it got denied? Lol 

I should have said worst of the season for me, just wasn't a fan but I'm glad when they have ones I don't really like since I don't want to buy these every game anyway. I got enough Devils stuff as it is lol

It's a tribute to vintage Jersey diner signs and Atlantic City.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, hasunow said:

It's a tribute to vintage Jersey diner signs and Atlantic City.

How can you be so sure? ;)

I like it a lot.  I have gotten all of them so far, and have even bought two of a couple that I would frame some day.  Tonight's joins that exclusive company.  With some of the restrictions that I assume are in place, having to produce 2 for games against the same opponent in a 5 day span seems like an impossible task.  All things considered, I think you knocked them out of the park.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

You did this one as well? I believe I've gotten 2 of yours so far if you did. I got the Kings one and I plan on buying this one tonight. Nice work! 

I forgot that the Kings one was your's, hasunow.  I got 2 of that one as well (+ retro, Marty, RoH).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BCdevil said:

How can you be so sure? ;)

I like it a lot.  I have gotten all of them so far, and have even bought two of a couple that I would frame some day.  Tonight's joins that exclusive company.  With some of the restrictions that I assume are in place, having to produce 2 for games against the same opponent in a 5 day span seems like an impossible task.  All things considered, I think you knocked them out of the park.

Cause I drew it. ;)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Agreed, I got one tonight as well and I think it looks even better up close. 

Thank you so much guys. This is my personal favorite I've done so far. I've got at least one more but retro stuff like this is my favorite and I'm not sure I'll be able to top it. Unfortunately and additionally, I'm straight up bad luck and my game day posters are now 0-3. I'll just show myself the door. :/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hasunow said:

Thank you so much guys. This is my personal favorite I've done so far. I've got at least one more but retro stuff like this is my favorite and I'm not sure I'll be able to top it. Unfortunately and additionally, I'm straight up bad luck and my game day posters are now 0-3. I'll just show myself the door. :/

I missed the game tonight but definitely plan on getting some at my first opportunity at an upcoming game. That or I'll burn some STH points for one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much guys. This is my personal favorite I've done so far. I've got at least one more but retro stuff like this is my favorite and I'm not sure I'll be able to top it. Unfortunately and additionally, I'm straight up bad luck and my game day posters are now 0-3. I'll just show myself the door. :/

You have done a great job bro, keep it up! [emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.