GDT: Devils @ Dallas 8:30p, MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

22 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Yeah, we were going to head out to Asbury Ale House to watch the game Saturday night since I gave the tickets to my brother after being convinced (read: forced to go to) a food truck festival at Laurita Winery instead of the game... but then I realized that McGregor fight would be on and there would be absolutely zero chance of watching it at a bar, so we just watched it at home before going out. I can't really think of many places around me that would put hockey on without it being requested.

Anyway, awesome win. Dug deep for two points with two of our best players being out. That play in OT by Palmieri picking the pocket of and then subsequently blowing by two of the best players in the league was amazing. Great patience on the feed to Rico as well.

I usually will see the game on  without requesting it when I'm back home in Ocean County, but not always. And when it is on it's generally tucked away. My favorite place to watch the games was a bar called Macintyre's in Toms River; always had it on and a few other Devils fans would usually be in there, but they got a new owner and moved to a bigger and fancier place and is more cougar friendly than anything now.

1 hour ago, thecoffeecake said:

I usually will see the game on  without requesting it when I'm back home in Ocean County, but not always. And when it is on it's generally tucked away. My favorite place to watch the games was a bar called Macintyre's in Toms River; always had it on and a few other Devils fans would usually be in there, but they got a new owner and moved to a bigger and fancier place and is more cougar friendly than anything now.

I live in TR too. I don't like the new place they moved to either. I've watched games at Hook's in Seaside before as well as Miracle Pub...can usually get em on' there. Generally I'm at the game or for the road I'll just stay home though.

This team is ticking over nicely.

Severson has been playing very well, he just moves the puck so quickly. We needed him to pick up after losing Larsson and he had done a great job so far.

Part of me is worried about how this team will do if Hall's injury is long term, the other part of me thinks it might help players like Rico and Palms get their act together and start producing more consistently. Tonight was a good start. 

13 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am in a pretty big sports bar here in Austin TX right now to watch the game.  A few moments ago I asked the manager to put on the Dallas Stars game and he replied "sorry sir, we don't carry the NBA package."

Another ATX'er! While this post won't matter to 98% of the board, Mean Eyed Cat on West 5th has Center Ice (or whatever they call the package now) and if the owner is there, he's really good about putting hockey on. The owner is a hockey fan, and has no problem putting on what you want, especially on a slow Tuesday night.

14 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am in a pretty big sports bar here in Austin TX right now to watch the game.  A few moments ago I asked the manager to put on the Dallas Stars game and he replied "sorry sir, we don't carry the NBA package."

Which bar was it?

9 hours ago, Steven M. said:

I live in TR too. I don't like the new place they moved to either. I've watched games at Hook's in Seaside before as well as Miracle Pub...can usually get em on' there. Generally I'm at the game or for the road I'll just stay home though.

I've never been to Miracle, I'll have to try it for a game. At this point whenever I'm home I'm usually happy just to be able to watch on cable and not have to stream.

13 hours ago, Onddeck said:

well i caved and finall bought nhl.tv.. watching the first non-sh!tty stream game 

LGD!!

Were you unable to find good streams most nights?  I've been using one particular site for a few years now that I could've shared with you.  It usually has medium to high quality streams for pretty much every game, but I was actually able to go a step further and pretty much find a high quality stream on Reddit for pretty much every Devils game so far this year.  

30 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Were you unable to find good streams most nights?  I've been using one particular site for a few years now that I could've shared with you.  It usually has medium to high quality streams for pretty much every game, but I was actually able to go a step further and pretty much find a high quality stream on Reddit for pretty much every Devils game so far this year.  

eh o well its all good 

3 hours ago, njskaguy33 said:

Another ATX'er! While this post won't matter to 98% of the board, Mean Eyed Cat on West 5th has Center Ice (or whatever they call the package now) and if the owner is there, he's really good about putting hockey on. The owner is a hockey fan, and has no problem putting on what you want, especially on a slow Tuesday night.

I don't live in Austin, just here on business.  Came in on Monday and leaving tomorrow.  I am here about every 8-10 weeks for work.