Devils Waive Boucher

Derlique

I can't find the operative clause in the CBA that says you can do this but I think the Devils did it last year and I was confused then too.

I think Boucher is an underdog to be claimed but I don't really think the Devils care either way.  I hope the best for Boucher, I think he can be a useful player somewhere, but that place is not here.

• Like 2

Never felt like there was much there, though he did show some signs last season.  Can't say it will bother me much if he gets claimed.  But I wish him luck...it clearly wasn't going to happen for him here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

I have a bad feeling he could pot 25+ goals regularly for someone down the road... Hope I'm wrong, but not happy to lose him for nothing (if we do).

If I had room for him on my team, I'd take a shot. But he has not looked good at the NHL level. 

He's only played 1 full NHL season spaced out here and there with terrible offensive talent around him at the ages of 22 and under. He does have some holes in his game as he doesn't create all that much on his own...but he's got good wheels and a great shot. Hate to be exposing him in this fashion.

7 minutes ago, '7' said:

He's only played 1 full NHL season spaced out here and there with terrible offensive talent around him at the ages of 22 and under. He does have some holes in his game as he doesn't create all that much on his own...but he's got good wheels and a great shot. Hate to be exposing him in this fashion.

I don't think he has good wheels. He's not horribly slow but he's on the slow side of average, overall. If he could improve his acceleration from stand still I think he'd be in the regular lineup. 

9 minutes ago, Devils731 said:

I don't think he has good wheels. He's not horribly slow but he's on the slow side of average, overall. If he could improve his acceleration from stand still I think he'd be in the regular lineup. 

I'll concede that most of the time I've watched him he's been on the ice with the pre 2016 version of the Devils...so in comparison to the other dump trucks out there he appeared fairly quick. I haven't seen much of him this year.

3 hours ago, '7' said:

I'll concede that most of the time I've watched him he's been on the ice with the pre 2016 version of the Devils...so in comparison to the other dump trucks out there he appeared fairly quick. I haven't seen much of him this year.

No, he's legit slow.  I think 731 is even wrong to call him merely a below average skater - he's a smaller guy who is actually slow, which is a real rarity in the NHL.  Add to that the oft-deceptive illusion that big players are slow and small players are fast based on how their skating strides are and I think Boucher is one of the slowest straight-line skaters in the league - he just does not get from point A to point B quickly.  Still can be a useful player, I think, but he needs someone else to do the skating for him, and the Devils don't have that.

• Like 1

could they have held onto him and not pulled up JQ - sure. I've heard the opinion it should've been josefson waived instead of boucher because he was .5pt/game player last year and with consistent minutes could pot 15 goals.

there was just nothing extra there. I don't want to say "paging alex urbom" but i don't think the devils will miss him.

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

could they have held onto him and not pulled up JQ - sure. I've heard the opinion it should've been josefson waived instead of boucher because he was .5pt/game player last year and with consistent minutes could pot 15 goals.

there was just nothing extra there. I don't want to say "paging alex urbom" but i don't think the devils will miss him.

It's not quite an Urbom situation because I do think Boucher can be a successful player, at least by boxcars (goals/assists).  But I'd just notice him so often on the backcheck going 100% and still falling behind his man.