GDT: Game 29 - Devils @ Blues, 8PM MSG+2

RunninWithTheDevil

I hate when people use this phrase, but this is pretty much a "must win" game. We need to stop the bleeding and I hope it ends tonight.  We have a really tough schedule coming up and it would be nice to go into the stretch with some confidence.  LGD.

http://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2016/12/15/13943582/game-preview-29-new-jersey-devils-st-louis-blues-be-better-please-devils

• Like 1

I will happily take a .500 point% over the next 9 games.  4-4-1, 3-3-2, 2-2-3...I'll be happy with any of 'em.  But it seems like a tall order.  Sadly, if Cory doesn't suddenly start standing on his head, I can see the Devils losing almost all of those games.  Hopefully not.

C'mon Devils, don't make my daughter lose interest!

• Like 1

I will happily take a .500 point% over the next 9 games.  4-4-1, 3-3-2, 2-2-3...I'll be happy with any of 'em.  But it seems like a tall order.  Sadly, if Cory doesn't suddenly start standing on his head, I can see the Devils losing almost all of those games.  Hopefully not.
C'mon Devils, don't make my daughter lose interest!

Tell your daughter to ice up. I supported this team when I was her age and they were terrible. It's how one becomes a fan. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Tell your daughter to ice up. I supported this team when I was her age and they were terrible. It's how one becomes a fan. emoji1.png

Oh no, she still loves it...gets excited whenever I tell her that there's a game to watch.  She thinks it's funny when I start yelling at the TV:  "They can't hear you Daddy!"  But pure suckage is hard on everyone's eyes.  Competitive/almost there losing is one thing...but getting completely outclassed is another. 

Fortunately, my company had another strong year, which meant that I was able to take care of my employees...and myself.  Got myself a little (non-Devils) gift that I won't get my hands on for 2-3 months, but it's not something I would want to use in the wintertime anyway.  So all of that is making the current state of the Devils easier to take at least. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

It's not time to panic just yet, and I wouldn't say this is a "must win" either, but when you look at the standings and how tough not only the Metropolitan division is, but the Eastern Conference as whole, you really have to start picking up points here in order to keep pace.  Even though we seemed to improve in the off-season with some roster moves, a lot of which people wanted to happen for a while, most people still didn't think we would make the playoffs this year, and 30 games in I'd say even the ones who did are starting to change their minds.  I'm not giving up hope, I don't think you can ever say die and gotta keep fighting no matter how bleak it looks, but it gets further and further away if you don't start winning some games, even if they're on the road and against perceived "better" teams than you.

Here's hoping tonight we come into their building with a "fvck you, it's a hockey game, and we can win it" attitude.  Let's see who shines tonight.

Go Devils.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't know about the "must win" tag, I don't know much of anything anymore this season. We can punch above our weight for an extended period of time and still not keep pace with the rest of the Metropolitan Division, it's absurd the kind of run all our division rivals are on: Columbus, Philly, New York, Pittsburgh, Washington; absolutely absurd. We can win every game the next 3 weeks and still find ourselves outside of a playoff spot. That's the kind of ridiculous situation we find ourselves in. A certain nihilistic feeling of hopelessness is starting to creep into me as pertains to this season.

Edited by DJ Eco

Yeah, I don't know about the "must win" tag, I don't know much of anything anymore this season. We can punch above our weight for an extended period of time and still not keep pace with the rest of the Metropolitan Division, it's absurd the kind of run all our division rivals are on: Columbus, Philly, New York, Pittsburgh, Washington; absolutely absurd. We can win every game the next 3 weeks and still find ourselves outside of a playoff spot. That's the kind of ridiculous situation we find ourselves in. A certain nihilistic feeling of hopelessness is starting to creep into me as pertains to this season.

It is absurd, and it's also high time some of these cocksucker teams like Philly and Columbus come back to earth. Neither are this good.

• Like 1

Devils 8-4.

I won't be seeing the game tonight as I am going with my brother and his son to see Rogue one tonight.  Can't wait!

Also found out yesterday that my company is sending me and a guest (which will be my wife) on an all-expenses paid trip to Super Bowl LI.  Flight and hotel included as well as limo's to and from both airports, welcome dinner at a restaurant near the hotel, tickets to one of the fully-catered VIP tailgate parties day of the game with all you can eat food and open bar and of course tickets to the game.  Not even the Devils can break my good mood for at least the next week.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Devils 8-4.

I won't be seeing the game tonight as I am going with my brother and his son to see Rogue one tonight.  Can't wait!

Also found out yesterday that my company is sending me and a guest (which will be my wife) on an all-expenses paid trip to Super Bowl LI.  Flight and hotel included as well as limo's to and from both airports, welcome dinner at a restaurant near the hotel, tickets to one of the fully-catered VIP tailgate parties day of the game with all you can eat food and open bar and of course tickets to the game.  Not even the Devils can break my good mood for at least the next week.

That's it, not even a free hat??

:)

Tonight we start the process of proving to the world that the difference between a playoff team and a non-playoff team is Luke Gadzic. 

LGD

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Devils 8-4.

Damn, was that a reward for a good year at work?  Good for you man.  Sounds like an absolute blast-in-the-making.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn, was that a reward for a good year at work?  Good for you man.  Sounds like an absolute blast-in-the-making.

Thanks and that was actually a reward for running/managing a sales incentive from July through November with our salesforce that was wildly successful.

For the year of good work they gave me a nice raise:)

Also, 10,000th post.  Been on this board for exactly 2,460 days (6 years, 8 months and 23 days), or roughly about 4 posts per day.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

Bennett and Parenteau healthy scratches as Zacha returns:

Taylor Hall-Travis Zajac-Devante Smith-Pelly

Miles Wood-Adam Henrique-Kyle Palmieri

Michael Cammalleri-Pavel Zacha-Nick Lappin

Luke Gazdic-Vern Fiddler-Sergey Kalinin

Andy Greene-Damon Severson

Jon Merrill-Ben Lovejoy

John Moore-Kyle Quincey

Cory Schneider (9-8-4, 2.83 goals-against average, .907 save percentage)

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/fireandice/2016/12/15/fire-and-ice-parenteau-bennett-healthy-scratches/95478288/

Edited by Jerzey

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Jon Merrill-Ben Lovejoy

John Moore-Kyle Quincey

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/fireandice/2016/12/15/fire-and-ice-parenteau-bennett-healthy-scratches/95478288/

Not a fan of Lappin of Parentea, but whatever.  Also, DSP on the first line? =/

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Jon Merrill-Ben Lovejoy

John Moore-Kyle Quincey

Hate DSP up on the top line.  Woods with Henrique and Palmieri might be something.

4th line looks like it has the high potential of being hot garbage.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Hate DSP up on the top line.  Woods with Henrique and Palmieri might be something.

4th line looks like it has the high potential of being hot garbage.

Yeah I don't like DSP on the top line either. Looking at the forwards on the 2nd or 3rd lines, I would replace DSP with roughly any of them. 

I'm not familiar enough with Gadzic to say, but Fiddler is ehh, might be ok if he had someone ok to play with but otherwise just a non-factor, and Kalinin does whatever the Russian translation for "sucks balls" is. 

How about Schneider with a 2.86 GAA. Feels like it should be at least 4.00 by now. .907 save percentage though, yikes. 

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Devils 8-4.

How nice is that, Congrats 

Edited by BostonNala370