GDT: Team heads to Canada's Capital

jagknife

RECAP

• Daneyko hit the nail on the head.  More pucks to the net when in the o-zone, but most importantly be more aggressive on the points in the d-zone.
  • Having Merrill, Kalinin, Josefson, and Gazdic in the lineup over Auvitu, Bennett, Parenteau and Zacha is so stupid!
  • Hynes has lost me.
  • Any coach who thinks scoring chances are more important than shot attempts is doomed for failure in this league.
  • Low danger, long distance shots are what's killing this team, and the goalies aren't really at fault for the most part.

5 on 5 Possession

• CF: 49 to 48 Devils
  • SF: 28 to 29 Sens

I figured out the problem. We have too many players who suck.

Josefson, Kalinin, DSP, Lovejoy, Moore, Merrill, Gadzic...I'm not sure any of them belong in the NHL. We had them all in one game, and there's so many of them one is pretty much on the ice the whole game.

I thought we cleaned house last offseason. Instead we moved the clutter from one room to another. 

14 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I fear a return to Mickey Mouse hockey 

Calm down with this sh!t.

Jesus when did this forum become so self-loathing? The team is struggling right now, this isn't news to anyone.

But every team goes through this stuff through the course of a season. 

It's awful hockey, but you guys need to chill the fvck out a bit. Christ.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Jesus when did this forum become so self-loathing? The team is struggling right now, this isn't news to anyone.

Skids absolutely happen during the season, agreed 100%. What set me off was the effort, or at least the appearance of a lack of effort. From what I'm reading, tonight was about bad puck luck. That's the type of loss I don't mind cause, like you said, it happens.

What I absolutely hate is seeing them pretty much play like they don't give a sh!t or that other teams will roll over for them, especially after how insane they came back versus Nashville.

I apologize to the forum for making us look like FB/Reddit/Devils Twitter/et al. Can't promise I'm not gonna stop bitching, but I wont make a panic/pouty title again.

55 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Well you're getting your wish of a tank season so I would expect you to be happy.  But some of us want to actually see SOMEWHAT competitive hockey for the fifty games left in the season and are disgusted with the effort shown by this team and acceptance of losing.  This team and the football Jets keep taking turns in who gives the biggest sh!tshow of the week.

And not 'every' team has ONE regulation win in 19 games on the road.  That's just noncompetitive expansion team junk.  This is like the end of the MacLean days where they suffer blowout loss after blowout loss to the point where a desultory, middling game like tonight looks great compared to the usual garbage.

Edited by NJDevs4978

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Skids absolutely happen during the season, agreed 100%. What set me off was the effort, or at least the appearance of a lack of effort. From what I'm reading, tonight was about bad puck luck. That's the type of loss I don't mind cause, like you said, it happens.

What I absolutely hate is seeing them pretty much play like they don't give a sh!t or that other teams will roll over for them, especially after how insane they came back versus Nashville.

I apologize to the forum for making us look like FB/Reddit/Devils Twitter/et al. Can't promise I'm not gonna stop bitching, but I wont make a panic/pouty title again.

OH come on, it's just a forum. 

Tomorrow's Headline will be Devils award two points to Rangers game cancelled.

1 minute ago, BostonNala370 said:

OH come on, it's just a forum. 

Tomorrow's Headline will be Devils award two points to Rangers game cancelled.

Yeah, it is just a forum, but they do have a point, this is the better one and relatively speaking, we're a lot better than the blowhards/drama queens/freakin kids at other ones.

Either way, here's to hoping the skid stops tomorrow

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Yeah, it is just a forum, but they do have a point, this is the better one and relatively speaking, we're a lot better than the blowhards/drama queens/freakin kids at other ones.

Either way, here's to hoping the skid stops tomorrowhave

Didn't You get my message game cancelled 2 points awarded by Devils to Rangers. This why Hynes doesn't Have to lose sleep thinking about the lineup.

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

When was the last time we won in regulation? Before the fvcking election?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which election?

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Oh shut the fvck up. For once in your life shut the fvck up. 

Some of you sh!t stains deserve a few seasons of Arizona Coyotes-type teams. We're not even 6 years removed from a team that came two games away from the cup. We're rebuilding. It happens. If you expected a coast to the finals this year, you're fvcking stupid. 

Time for some much needed time away from the boards. I'm sure you all won't miss me anyway, but I'm out. 4 losses in a row and you're all ready to say we're the worst team ever. 

Later fellas.

Bye, you won't be missed

• Like 1

It's only hockey. There's a lot more important things to worry about. We don't need to be ripping each other's throats out. 

But on the other hand, I get why people are venting and upset. It's been 6 years of fairly uninspired hockey and to have your team look like a mix of ineptitude and indifference every game gets old. I'm a Jets fan so I've seen plenty of it these last few years haha 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It's only hockey. There's a lot more important things to worry about. We don't need to be ripping each other's throats out. 

But on the other hand, I get why people are venting and upset. It's been 6 years of fairly uninspired hockey and to have your team look like a mix of ineptitude and indifference every game gets old. I'm a Jets fan so I've seen plenty of it these last few years haha 

The Taylor Hall acquisition and the 9-3-3 start led to a lot of optimism.  Now it's a question of fans being able to dial that back, and strap in for another transition year.

We're only in Year 2 of the Shero Era, so as much as the losses piling up is a downer, I didn't expect him to fix it all quickly.  Just wish there were some young bodies to get excited about (Wood kinda sorta fits that bill, at the moment).

• Like 1